Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
This game's popularity fell so low that even the staffs here forget to update the OP. There was a time when Second Happiness was in the Top 9 most viewed thread - The oldest players know what I'm talking about. Thanks to it's super dev, it isn't even in the Top 20 now. Arrogance and antipathy threw it in the forgotten seas.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
This game's popularity fell so low that even the staffs here forget to update the OP. There was a time when Second Happiness was in the Top 9 most viewed thread - The oldest players know what I'm talking about. Thanks to it's super dev, it isn't even in the Top 20 now. Arrogance and antipathy threw it in the forgotten seas.
Hmm. I reckon it being a grind fest killed it more than anything. Dev clearly had good ideas but had no idea what the majority enjoy.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hmm. I reckon it being a grind fest killed it more than anything. Dev clearly had good ideas but had no idea what the majority enjoy.
It's not a matter of ideas, but a question of " interaction " Pal ;). Most of the devs here knows that F95 is an unavoidable showcase to promote their game. What I'm trying to point out is the fact that this Dev is the worst when it comes to communication and sharing. Proof is no one in the staff or mods cares about the updates. He's the only Dev who refuses to share his game in the same month, puts water-marks in it and bans anyone who leak any version. He totally forgot that without this site, he wouldn't have 196 patreons. Second Happiness isn't a blockbuster. I dropped it since 3 months, even though I was a die hard fan of Shantrel.

On the opposite side, a Dev like DarkCookie gives away free versions of his game to non-patreons and still make 40 k per month...You reap what you sow. I said this numerous times in a lot of threads here : communication is a really powerful weapon.

Reactions: selphie

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
I said this numerous times in a lot of threads here : communication is a really powerful weapon.
Oh no doubt about it and I agree 100% with that statement.

But Second Happiness is a badly designed game and so has far more a reason that people don't invest or just don't want to play it, than say what they think of the developer.

The guy could go around stabbing boxes of kittens, but if his game was top quality people would flock to it because quality is what people want more than anything. Advertising helps, but no where near as much as word of mouth, so if word isn't spreading then its usually because its not worth talking about. Much like this game.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
So I unrpyc'd the Ren'py scripts, in the hopes of maybe making a little sense of this byzantine nightmare of a game, and the bloody rpyc files decompile the dialog into Cyrillic communist nightmare runes.

This fucking guy. Honest to God. This fucking guy.

JR_001

Jul 1, 2017
So I unrpyc'd the Ren'py scripts, in the hopes of maybe making a little sense of this byzantine nightmare of a game, and the bloody rpyc files decompile the dialog into Cyrillic communist nightmare runes.

This fucking guy. Honest to God. This fucking guy.
Yeah I feel your pain. :) That's why I wrote a quick and dirty script to translate the source .rpy files to English. If you have a little experience with Python it should work for you. Note you will have to make minor changes to the script (file paths I think). See attached. Good luck.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Yeah I feel your pain. :) That's why I wrote a quick and dirty script to translate the source .rpy files to English. If you have a little experience with Python it should work for you. Note you will have to make minor changes to the script (file paths I think). See attached. Good luck.
Very nice. Worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

Reactions: JR_001

Theballs

Jul 14, 2017
It's not a matter of ideas, but a question of " interaction " Pal ;). Most of the devs here knows that F95 is an unavoidable showcase to promote their game. What I'm trying to point out is the fact that this Dev is the worst when it comes to communication and sharing. Proof is no one in the staff or mods cares about the updates. He's the only Dev who refuses to share his game in the same month, puts water-marks in it and bans anyone who leak any version. He totally forgot that without this site, he wouldn't have 196 patreons. Second Happiness isn't a blockbuster. I dropped it since 3 months, even though I was a die hard fan of Shantrel.

On the opposite side, a Dev like DarkCookie gives away free versions of his game to non-patreons and still make 40 k per month...You reap what you sow. I said this numerous times in a lot of threads here : communication is a really powerful weapon.

Funny thing you are forgetting is he started making A LOT more money after he started using those tactics.
Before he started baning people and preventing leaks he received almost nothing.
I remember that time very well as this was THE game for me. Now...now I do not give a fuck.

Reactions: devilxxx

extractied

Nov 11, 2016
This is a nice game, apart from the tedious grinding. With some proper inutilia truncat, it'd become a really great one.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Funny thing you are forgetting is he started making A LOT more money after he started using those tactics.
While you are correct, after threatening his patrons with bannings via his half-assed copy protection, his income did double. Thing is, the game was only out three or four months at that point, so he would have seen organic growth regardless. Maybe not as much as he saw in the second half of 2017, granted, but then maybe his support wouldn't have topped off so quickly and then shit the bed this year if there was more word of mouth.

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
While you are correct, after threatening his patrons with bannings via his half-assed copy protection, his income did double. Thing is, the game was only out three or four months at that point, so he would have seen organic growth regardless. Maybe not as much as he saw in the second half of 2017, granted, but then maybe his support wouldn't have topped off so quickly and then shit the bed this year if there was more word of mouth.
'Shit the bed' is a fantastic term and I'm glad to see you're using it well, sir.

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
i dropped it after mirenzo stopped doing the walkthrough, i was quite fond of the female characters and the sexual content up to 1.2 but fuuuck the grinding... even with the walkthrough at hand it was a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Shardoom

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Second Happiness [v1.6] [Vnorth] - Original Size: 1.68GB

Download PC FIXED (532MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Theballs

Jul 14, 2017
i dropped it after mirenzo stopped doing the walkthrough, i was quite fond of the female characters and the sexual content up to 1.2 but fuuuck the grinding... even with the walkthrough at hand it was a pain in the ass.

I stopped at 0.7 or something.

3.00 star(s) 66 Votes