meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Second Happiness [v1.6] [Vnorth] - Original Size: 1.68GB

Download PC/Mac (534MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thanks - you are the boss

TitmusPrime

Apr 28, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Second Happiness [v1.6] [Vnorth] - Original Size: 1.68GB

Download PC/Mac (534MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get this on launch

While loading <'Image' 'images/WarningAge.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image 'images/WarningAge.png': error('Unsupported image format',)

I extracted with 7-Zip and there were no issues with the download, should I just redownload or is this something else?
EDIT: After relaunching it a couple of times it lets me ignore the error now, But I get the same error for every other image afterwards.

youtoo

Jan 25, 2018
'Shit the bed' is a fantastic term and I'm glad to see you're using it well, sir.

My mom used to use say "well shit the bed " all the time .

One day my little sis was in the car and dad was speeding we got pulled over and as the cop walked up to the window sis says well shit the bed. The cop did a double take.

Mom without losing a step says " we can watch Gentle Ben when we get home honey" ( it was a tv show about a grizzly sis liked to watch)

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I get this on launch

While loading <'Image' 'images/WarningAge.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image 'images/WarningAge.png': error('Unsupported image format',)

I extracted with 7-Zip and there were no issues with the download, should I just redownload or is this something else?
EDIT: After relaunching it a couple of times it lets me ignore the error now, But I get the same error for every other image afterwards.
You're right - it's 16 kinds of fucked. The dev is using an older version of Ren'Py that doesn't have the codecs built in. I took it down, very sorry.

Edit - figured it out and reuploading now.

Reactions: TitmusPrime

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
( it was a tv show about a grizzly sis liked to watch)
Correction: The bear in Gentle Ben was a Florida black bear (the show was set in the Florida Everglades). I believe the bear you were thinking of was from the show Grizzly Adams which hosted a grizzly. Coincidentally, both bears were named Ben in their perspective shows. Yo, Joe!

Reactions: bacchusplateau

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
is there another walkthrough written by an english native...it's hard to understand,and follow.

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
You're right - it's 16 kinds of fucked. The dev is using an older version of Ren'Py that doesn't have the codecs built in. I took it down, very sorry.
Edit - figured it out and reuploading now.
Is it working now? Maybe necessary add a code?

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Is it working now? Maybe necessary add a code?
I repacked it with a newer version of Ren'Py and now it works fine. And to be clear, it was just my compressed version where I re-encode all the images as webp, not the original game.

It was my fault, should have checked it before I posted it, but I was in a hurry. Thanks for asking :)

Reactions: VNorth

VNorth

Donor
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I repacked it with a newer version of Ren'Py and now it works fine. And to be clear, it was just my compressed version where I re-encode all the images as webp, not the original game.

It was my fault, should have checked it before I posted it, but I was in a hurry. Thanks for asking :)
I tried ren'py 7.0 for *.webp, but without add a code into the game it don't work for me :confused:

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Can't start the game... when I tried to open it , always show me an error message...
That's my fault - I messed up the compressed version. Please re-download, with my apologies.

I tried ren'py 7.0 for *.webp, but without add a code into the game it don't work for me :confused:
I don't change the file extensions when I re-encode the images. Ren'Py doesn't care what the file extension is, the codec reads the header. This way I do not have to change the script files at all.

Forgive me if I'm not understanding your question correctly, but believe that I am.

Reactions: VNorth
3.00 star(s) 66 Votes