bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
View attachment 3369865

Overview:
Secret Dawn is an adventure RPG for adults full of intrigue, lust, and deception. Set in the near future, the player follows lovestruck rural commoners Jon and Eva as they are unwillingly led to participate in a world-famous game show called "Crucible". Their relationship will be put to the ultimate test, as they realize they have been made pawns in someone else's much larger, and more dangerous, game.​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-20
Release Date: 2024-02-19
Developer: Haldane - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 3369891 View attachment 3369908 View attachment 3369911 View attachment 3369914 View attachment 3369915 View attachment 3369924
"lovestruck"

Planned: NTR.

Guess they weren't really in love. :KEK:

Reactions: Beerus

HaldaneWorks

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2024
Hey guys, thanks for comments! I've got my coffee so it's time to respond.

May as well slap the tag on now and save yourself the trouble. :KEK:
The tags "unavoidable ntr" and "virgin" are together a no-go. I like ntr but I wanna decide when she will get deflorated. There is no point in adding the virgin tag when you have pretty much no control about it. Its like adding this tag to a game where the girl losing her virginity in the first few seconds in the tutorial -.-
No vaginal or anal tag?
With the tags, I strictly added what's in the game currently. Technically the MCs are virgins, but that won't be a focus of the game. NTR will be. I accept the feedback and will remove the virgin tag and add the NTR tag more clearly, since yeah, that's where the focus will be.

Also, technically, there is vaginal content in the game right now (not involving the MCs), but I would guess that 90% of players won't find it. I like adding subtle stuff like that, and will continue to do so, especially as the corruption/NTR starts building.

nice renders, any way to download or decrypt the images?
I added some extra basic decryption (also for the video animations), since the default RPG Maker encryption sucks bad. But I appreciate the comment and will upload some renders to this development thread. And add some work-in-progress.

How do you trigger the last image event?
You have to not lose too much HP from the attacking mobs. If you find the combat too janky you can just avoid them until Eva arrives and let her shoot them.

Welp ... It doesn't work on joiplay that's for sure
Sorry to hear that. It might be because of the encryption of media files. I'm not familiar with joiplay. If there's a big demand I'll look into it and maybe reconsider my encryption approach.

I'm stuck on the train. I don't understand what I should do :/
Could you please help me?
That's it for this prologue update, unfort, but thanks for playing! The next update will be where the story kicks off for real.

I get an error when I try to run the game (cannot read properties of null or something like that)
That sucks -- it crashes on launch? You're on Windows? Do you know if it's 32-bit or 64-bit? I'm trying to think of what might cause that.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
May as well slap the tag on now and save yourself the trouble. :KEK:
Meanwhile, tags are for what's *currently* in the game. Kinda why there is a spoiler thing devs use for 'planned tags'. Otherwise, you'd be bitching about a game having a tag while the activity tagged isn't in the game yet.

Reactions: HaldaneWorks

arimfan

Feb 24, 2018
Wow a minigame which didnt suck ass. Devs deserves the support !

Strong start, i really like the artstyle, Eva is gorgeous

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
I was retrieving the grandmas cough medicine at the town and got the image stuck once the dialog ended. Couldn't advance any further.
So far there's a couple of bugs that need squashing but the game overall has a lot going on for it. Looking forward how it develops.

One suggestion: Probably I'm not the only one that doesn't really reads through the stories on H games and I know it is kinda of an unreasonable request, yet I'm gonna ask anyways heheh, can you enable the skip text option? felt the pacing (text not the content) was a little too slow.

Great job so far HaldaneWorks

HaldaneWorks

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2024
Are the guys just gangbanging you? That can happen, sorry. You can load the autosave, which is from right before the fight. Try just running away from them. For future combat I'll clean up the movement and stuff, I was kinda stress testing it here in the prologue.

I was retrieving the grandmas cough medicine at the town and got the image stuck once the dialog ended. Couldn't advance any further.
So far there's a couple of bugs that need squashing but the game overall has a lot going on for it. Looking forward how it develops.

One suggestion: Probably I'm not the only one that doesn't really reads through the stories on H games and I know it is kinda of an unreasonable request, yet I'm gonna ask anyways heheh, can you enable the skip text option? felt the pacing (text not the content) was a little too slow.

Great job so far HaldaneWorks
Thanks!

There is a skip text button: hold down TAB. It's super quick so I really just recommend it for skipping stuff you've already read, but whatever floats your boat. ;) Also you can speed up the text speed in the Options. Also, there is auto-play text, if you press CTRL (you see a little play icon on the bottom right).

As for that image stuck bug, I'm guessing it was a render of Moreau (girl with purple hair) in the pharmacy? Interesting. I'll try adding a failsafe to clean up any images. Thx for feedback!

• Hey there
Reactions: ph33rg0d and syrupu

syrupu

Feb 23, 2018
As for that image stuck bug, I'm guessing it was a render of Moreau (girl with purple hair) in the pharmacy? Interesting. I'll try adding a failsafe to clean up any images. Thx for feedback!
yeah it was Moreau, image got stuck after talking to her

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Well, at least it makes it clear that the MC is going to be a simple cuck, too bad he looked good... next.

Umgenlied

Sep 3, 2017
Also, technically, there is vaginal content in the game right now (not involving the MCs), but I would guess that 90% of players won't find it. I like adding subtle stuff like that, and will continue to do so, especially as the corruption/NTR starts building.
Yeah I'm searching every corner to see where it is but can't find it. There's like two instances of world exploration (first getting outside the shelter and after fixing grandma's issue) which difficults the task. Not a fan of subtlety, i like that but i can't dedicate as much time as i used to to games, and certainly not ero game, between working and with kids in the house it's almost impossible.

My review tho is the following: extremelly good potential, god tier models, excellent lore and writing (there's a really good build up in ambience and immersion). I didn't know this was meant to be an ntr game but i could smell it while playing it, im an expert on this genre lemme tell ya, every two steps i was like 'damn this could be great for an ntr story', stuff like finding odd changes in the house, having gf be far away and alone, ken helping her with the bodies, she being hot and a tease, props for that little comment on the fresh water in the village, great stuff. I also saw mc has a small dick, but i couldn't find that scene in-game yet but it's also a good ntr indicator.

Sorry to hear that. It might be because of the encryption of media files. I'm not familiar with joiplay. If there's a big demand I'll look into it and maybe reconsider my encryption approach.
Yeah i use it a lot, once again, not much of a pc player due to the previous reasons listed, it'd be great if there was an android alternative. Although i've noticed Joi can be a bitch with some games, usually those that are simpler and done straight without complex things are compatible but as soon as it has anthing strange to it it just doesn't open it.

Overall great game even in early state. Would appreciate some help on that scene tho lmao.