Others Abandoned Secret Horse Files 3 [v0.36] [Levy]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
This is probably a lot to ask but any chance you could add an option to rotate character onto their stomach?
>you
Does the dev even go here?

Also, I don't think they'd ever add flipping them over, that would almost literally double the amount of work the dev has to do, and I'm not sure how many bronies would enjoy fucking Fluttershy if they can't see her face.

The guy_34

Nov 20, 2018
Progress update 5
Okay, I'm sorry to say I'm surrendering to the evil forces of time. I can't do it by midnight. We're at the eleventh hour and I'm STILL finding assets that need to be remade, and visual glitches that need more code and debugging to fix. There's still a list of existing bugs and unfinished pieces of UI to clear as well. So this'll be an October update.
The upcoming update will still be available at .
So yeah, this is the second month in a row where I've said "I'm almost done!" and then realized at the last minute that, in fact, I'm definitely not done. It's far from the first time an update has taken longer than I estimated, but the reason I'm having trouble this time is a bit different.
Most big updates have a big new mechanic that requires a lot of code, thinking, and bug fixing, all focused on the area of the new mechanic. For those updates, my biggest concern is usually preventing scope creep. I try to keep the scope of the additions as narrow as possible, and fit them into the existing game engine instead of building brand new architecture.
This update is different, because I can't find a decent way to shrink the scope and release the new content in parts. Literally every mechanic and system in the game interacts with the new content, and most of them have required expanding. It's too interconnected to release piece by piece.
Technically, that's not really a problem. The problem has been that I've expected to be able to break this down into more manageable parts and release them, and I can't. I should've realized that from the start. I didn't, though, and I'm sorry for setting up expectations of when I'll be done, just to repeatedly disappoint. It's self-defeating on my end, and frustrating for players.
The good news is that I've been getting a fuckload of stuff done during crunch time. I'm gonna pass out for tonight and get back to it tomorrow. Instead of promising a date I'll be done by again, I'm just going to keep posting updates as I finish stuff.
Since I'm not rushing to be done by tonight, I can put a bit more effort into some of the mechanics introduced in this update.
Current todo list:
  • Clone manes for characters' alternate body types (minor)
  • Finish fluid particle emitter positioning and bounding boxes for all character sizes (minor)
  • Force neck apparel to squeeze on anything inside the character's throat (medium)
  • Finish gagging mechanic (major)
  • Finish suffocation mechanic (major)
  • Finish cum through mechanic (medium)
  • Finish UI additions (minor)
  • Fix reported rig glitches (minor)

zxcasdqwe1234

Jan 24, 2020
Progress update 5
Okay, I'm sorry to say I'm surrendering to the evil forces of time. I can't do it by midnight.
I had a feeling it would be like this ever since he failed to meet the prevoius deadline, some week or two ago.
Such is the case for many patreon devs: more excuses, less work.

• Haha
Reactions: atur

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
I'm just glad the guy is actually posting updates without the paywall. I get real grumpy when shit devs will have some $15-locked post that just says "hiatus" or "sorry" and there's no preview text or anything, so you have to go on here or YP spend $15 to find out why your $15 is being wasted, as the dev is quitting or they're going on a vacation or something.

Reactions: Gamer93

masMalkar

May 26, 2017
At least it seems the dev is working on the game, hopefully they aren't just excuses to stop working

koalaxgill

Jan 1, 2020
Progress update 5
Okay, I'm sorry to say I'm surrendering to the evil forces of time. I can't do it by midnight. We're at the eleventh hour and I'm STILL finding assets that need to be remade, and visual glitches that need more code and debugging to fix. There's still a list of existing bugs and unfinished pieces of UI to clear as well. So this'll be an October update.
The upcoming update will still be available at .
So yeah, this is the second month in a row where I've said "I'm almost done!" and then realized at the last minute that, in fact, I'm definitely not done. It's far from the first time an update has taken longer than I estimated, but the reason I'm having trouble this time is a bit different.
Most big updates have a big new mechanic that requires a lot of code, thinking, and bug fixing, all focused on the area of the new mechanic. For those updates, my biggest concern is usually preventing scope creep. I try to keep the scope of the additions as narrow as possible, and fit them into the existing game engine instead of building brand new architecture.
This update is different, because I can't find a decent way to shrink the scope and release the new content in parts. Literally every mechanic and system in the game interacts with the new content, and most of them have required expanding. It's too interconnected to release piece by piece.
Technically, that's not really a problem. The problem has been that I've expected to be able to break this down into more manageable parts and release them, and I can't. I should've realized that from the start. I didn't, though, and I'm sorry for setting up expectations of when I'll be done, just to repeatedly disappoint. It's self-defeating on my end, and frustrating for players.
The good news is that I've been getting a fuckload of stuff done during crunch time. I'm gonna pass out for tonight and get back to it tomorrow. Instead of promising a date I'll be done by again, I'm just going to keep posting updates as I finish stuff.
Since I'm not rushing to be done by tonight, I can put a bit more effort into some of the mechanics introduced in this update.
Current todo list:
  • Finish fluid particle emitter positioning and bounding boxes for all character sizes (minor)
  • Force neck apparel to squeeze on anything inside the character's throat (medium)
at least they are trying to get to work without any problems instead of realising a buggy update

salty145

Jan 12, 2019
Current todo list:
God, that's shaping up to be a great update.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes