VN Ren'Py Secret of the Island [v0.02.07.01] [Chaste Degenerate]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

MindWright

Mar 4, 2019
This looks like a delightful parody. The 3d model for Tina Louise definitely needs work, and I miss Bob Denver's smiling face. I'm not sure why you would use the faceless protagonist option for this kind of parody. I don't see why anyone would want to self-insert as Gilligan, the usual logic behind that trope, at the cost of facial expressions on the main character. I think emotionally expressive imagery would be far better.

Tina Louise, by the way, is the last surviving member of the original cast. She even did an interview with the New York Post a couple of weeks ago. You can find her social media and follow her on Facebook, but searches can be a bit difficult since you need to disambiguate her from an Australian Instagram model with the same name.

I like the setup for the story. The behind the scenes rationale makes a weird kind of sense out of the goofy plot of the original series. The writing needs a bit of work, but also shows a lot of promise. There were a couple of lines so dead on I could hear them in the voice of Russell Johnson and Jim Backus.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: dbp5ca

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Essentially, it is "Gilligan's" Island, because he is incompetent to a cursed degree. It is his fault they crashed on the island, and he somehow ruins their every attempt to get off or find rescue. In fairness, there are occasions where his curse backfires, by which I mean that any time listening to him actually would have been good, no one will, because they don't trust him. It's somewhat comedy of errs, with the errs focusing on failing to escape the island.
Ah so I missed out on the mistrust and the rest are running gags.

raj100

Feb 25, 2019
I'm dumbfounded by this, what's next Hogan's Heroes? M.A.S.H? I Love Lucy? Alfred Hitchcock?
Dibs on Ginger.
I would play the shit out of an I Dream of Jeannie game. Call I cream in Jeanie...
and you can have the love route or just make her and the sister sex slaves... or share with your buddy, major what's his face. The possibilities are endless.

Reactions: Drainbamager

raj100

Feb 25, 2019
Also, is there a skipper route. I think we all know what their relationship really was on the show.

klobber

Apr 20, 2020
Not enough chicks on Hogan's Hero's, just Klink's secretary. Ditto with M.A.S.H.. Is everyone going to be trying to fuck Hotlips? The Brady Bunch or the Partridge Family would be a better fit, although not Patreon friendly. Skipping forward a few decades, the Golden Girls or Designing Women would be great.
For these purposes, The Facts of Life works on so many levels.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Lifelong fan of MaryAnn.....um.....Gilligan's Island. REALLY looking forward to this!!

Saylor

Jul 1, 2018
I'm dumbfounded by this, what's next Hogan's Heroes? M.A.S.H? I Love Lucy? Alfred Hitchcock?
Dibs on Ginger.
I initially thought of I Dream of Jeanie, Dukes of Hazzard, and Beverly Hillbillies, but each of them only had one noteworthy hottie. Charlies Angels (original), otoh....

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
I initially thought of I Dream of Jeanie, Dukes of Hazzard, and Beverly Hillbillies, but each of them only had one noteworthy hottie. Charlies Angels (original), otoh....
I would play the shit out of an I Dream of Jeannie game. Call I cream in Jeanie...
and you can have the love route or just make her and the sister sex slaves... or share with your buddy, major what's his face. The possibilities are endless.
Just have Jeanie create a full harem of girls with her powers

Reactions: badbrad136969

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Hmm, not a bad start, good art although Ginger needs some facial adjustment work done before she even looks remotely close or acceptable to close of the original actress. the others characters are done well and even capture the series counter parts feel. So nicely done for a pro log. I really hope this takes off for you, however the even in a vertebral novel the plays needs some feel of control as they lead the MC or character of choice down a path.
I look forward to the next update.

Sirowl

Jan 15, 2018
Not enough chicks on Hogan's Hero's, just Klink's secretary. Ditto with M.A.S.H.. Is everyone going to be trying to fuck Hotlips? The Brady Bunch or the Partridge Family would be a better fit, although not Patreon friendly. Skipping forward a few decades, the Golden Girls or Designing Women would be great.
Hogans Hotties, you change his crew for women dressing as men so they can hide in a prison coamp.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes