VN Ren'Py Secret of the Island [v0.02.07.01] [Chaste Degenerate]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Okay, if we are submitting requests, I have a few; Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Charlie's Angels and dare I say The Facts of Life (but I do like the suggestion Petticoat Junction too). However, I hope the storyteller continues with 'Secret of the Island' to the finish before (he/she/they) consider starting a new game.

Have downloaded the this one to see what you guys are all talking about. Looking forward to explore the Island.
How about:
1647783515086.jpeg

raj100

Feb 25, 2019
I'm hoping for some Mrs. Howell, only she is like a 40yr old milf not 75 like in the show. Maybe Mr. Howell is a cuck and offers to pay Gilligan to knock her up or something? Then the show loved having them kidnapped. I could see some potential for some save the girls/keep them caged (you know what I'm talking about) action.

Also, I assume you use DAZ? What about trying the Facegen program, I messed with it once and it works pretty good.

Last edited:

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Like the concept very much, however it was kind of a let down, Thought there would be more added. But it is what it is. Hopefully next update there will be more content and interaction. Also this time the characters did not seem that well blended with the back ground. They looked more like paper cute outs placed on to a scene board. kind of tacky. Sorry

Chaste Degenerate

This Space for Rent
Game Developer
May 12, 2020
Also, I assume you use DAZ? What about trying the Facegen program, I messed with it once and it works pretty good.
I tested out the face transfer, and facegen when I first started on this project. I was not happy with the results. Part of it was how hard it is to find calm, straight on and profile expressions of the people, plus the quality from old scans of a 60s show.

Although I had maybe half a year of experience with DAZ at the time, and am now coming up on 2 years.

Chaste Degenerate

This Space for Rent
Game Developer
May 12, 2020
Like the concept very much, however it was kind of a let down, Thought there would be more added. But it is what it is. Hopefully next update there will be more content and interaction. Also this time the characters did not seem that well blended with the back ground. They looked more like paper cute outs placed on to a scene board. kind of tacky. Sorry
This update took 4.5 months, unfortunately. I would love to have put out more content, but I'm just one person. Test playing was at 38 minutes.

Which scenes looked like cut outs? I'm not sure I am seeing what you are here. The dining scenes are probably the most "cut out", but I generally render the characters in the scene, and keep a "halo" of the scene around them to make blending a little better.

I have 3 reasons why I will use avatars rather than full images. It keeps the file smaller, the rendering is faster, and sometimes my system cannot handle a scene with too much in it. My promo image is actually a composite of 20+ different spot renders assembled in Photoshop.

But I am always open to advice. How do you think I could improve my renders, preferably without increasing my production time?

BTW this is how my avatars had evolved towards the end of my last update:

View attachment sk_hut_eve_left3.webp

I find this halo helps to blend the avatar into the scene.

*edit* thought the image would come up, but no. Funny since it came up in the preview.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019
I finally get to bang Mary-Anne!!!!! OMFG!!!! Childhood fantasies fulfilled and from someone who's completed games in the past? This is just amazing.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
If you were to expand I think it'd be better to have it be women who are a part of the same era as Gilligan's Island so narrow it down to sitcoms from 1964 to 1967 or just do the whole decade. Then if it ever gets there a sequel set in the 70s with a base being Threes Company. You got the two hot roommates, the suspicious landlord and his lonely housewife and then go from there. Same with the following decades and keeping it together by eras. Hell, go the Pleasantville route .

Married With Children would be fantastic
I think if there's a Married with Children you need to go the other way too and add its counter-part Unhappily Ever After for prime Nikki Cox and the hot female supporting cast from that from the latter half of the series before she did, whatever it is she did to herself.

The biggest hurdle for all this, aside from the commitment would be the asset availability.

The comedic potential for MacGuyver is heavy, and do you seriously think a lot of the people who come to this site would complain about ANY format of game where we get to drive around in Kit? Seriously, add tits to Knight Rider and you've got a goldmine.
With Michael/"MC's name here" Knight having a new chick every week you could milk that for years before getting to Bonnie and April, easy parody names there like Bunnie and May or something. Some of the weirdos here would probably also want to fuck the car.
Can we keep it to people/characters that were at least 18? Mickey Mouse Club members were generally minors, in Annette's case she was on there from 12 to 17 and 14 from the source of that screen cap.

Last edited:

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
The images were noticeably blurred in this update, particularly the darker scenes. It might be a good idea to raise the quality setting on your webp encoder. Might also want to show the stat increases on a per-character basis, rather than one by one. That bell was going off left and right when I asked for some more pie!

I like where this is going so far; can't wait to see more.

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes