Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
I do have to say. I'm not a big fan of a small tits. but I liked it. I look forward to playing V2.

Mojumbo64

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah, this game has a great premise and it's pretty to look at, but it has a lot of problems. Sandbox and grinding aside, some more effort could have been put into events that repeat MANY times (like Rayne checking out her mom's breasts) but where the mom appears to be shocked every time it happens, as though it's the first time. Later in the game, Angela appears to be in her bedroom but nothing happens when you click on the icon. If you have the gear icon open so you can see what effect events have, sometimes the game just locks up and you can't proceed. Sometimes where an action of some kind or another is supposed to happen, the game either skips ahead or repeats the same day over and over. And then you can't get past the shower scene. The developer appears to have copy-protected some key .rpyc files which make it impossible to debug (I tried). Ah well, there's always version 0.2...
Well, that pretty much answers my question. Too bad we can't get over that shower scene if some codes are soft-locked by the dev. I hope Stiffman Games fix that bug/problem with the shower scene.

itsTomeTome

Aug 21, 2020
I find it interesting there's so much talk about futa content. One of the things that makes this so much more of a gem for me is that I enjoy the relationship aspect of it all and how its handled. Its less about the sex and more about the journey and the internal conflict of coming to terms with a more taboo desire(which also seems to be why the dev is leaning towards sandbox).

It's a slow burn that's probably going to need a bit of work to set up, but for a very first release I think its fine. I just wish the aspects we're supposed to grind were a bit more clear. It should also be made a bit more clear to the player that the day cycle works how it does, instead of me going insane with dejavu.

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I find it interesting there's so much talk about futa content. One of the things that makes this so much more of a gem for me is that I enjoy the relationship aspect of it all and how its handled. Its less about the sex and more about the journey and the internal conflict of coming to terms with a more taboo desire(which also seems to be why the dev is leaning towards sandbox).

It's a slow burn that's probably going to need a bit of work to set up, but for a very first release I think its fine. I just wish the aspects we're supposed to grind were a bit more clear. It should also be made a bit more clear to the player that the day cycle works how it does, instead of me going insane with dejavu.
That's actually a good point. I like that your words are kind. Makes me want to move forward at a faster pace with this. Most of these games are all about how many times the MC can cum or get off with whoever is introduced. This game is slower than my other only because the other was too fast in most places, and was meant to be longer. When rain comes the flood is actually being re-made in the same fashion as this one, taking it slow and leaning towards the romance aspect and not what that game is now. Secrets of the Family is really about Angela. Not about Rayne's desires or sex life. But how Angela can deal with her past, and how Rayne can deal with temptations across the board.

Notheonlyone

Dec 24, 2021

Deja Vu!
I've just been in this place before
(Higher on the street)
And I know it's my time to go

Notheonlyone

Dec 24, 2021
That's actually a good point. I like that your words are kind. Makes me want to move forward at a faster pace with this. Most of these games are all about how many times the MC can cum or get off with whoever is introduced. This game is slower than my other only because the other was too fast in most places, and was meant to be longer. When rain comes the flood is actually being re-made in the same fashion as this one, taking it slow and leaning towards the romance aspect and not what that game is now. Secrets of the Family is really about Angela. Not about Rayne's desires or sex life. But how Angela can deal with her past, and how Rayne can deal with temptations across the board.
Thank you i love your style i played with rain and i thought it started great then just snowballed with the acceleration i am more about the slow burn and kind of having to earn the rewards. it's not a popular take but i like the slower more emotional story with world building and reasons. That's why you are one of the few creators i still give my money.

thezaner

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Thank you i love your style i played with rain and i thought it started great then just snowballed with the acceleration i am more about the slow burn and kind of having to earn the rewards. it's not a popular take but i like the slower more emotional story with world building and reasons. That's why you are one of the few creators i still give my money.
I thank you so much for those words :) I appreciate it and thank you for everything :)

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes