Ren'Py Secrets of the Family [v0.2.6BR2] [Stiffman Games]

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

youbet567

Jun 21, 2023
13 hrs ago from now some news on Patreon from Stiffman :
"

il y a 13 heures
Hello everyone...
I am going to apologize first before I go on rambling on about what has happened in the last 6 weeks of not being able to do anything here. Again, I am sorry that you have waited for such a long time for anything from me.
First, They finally hired someone at my other job to replace 2 people that were fired before summer. That means I am no longer work 100+ hours per week, doing my business, and theirs.
Second, I have had 2 funerals, 3 wakes, and one of my friends I knew for about 20 years... Well, she has an overdose last week. If anyone here is doing anything that can endanger their lives like that, I will tell you not to and get help. And, I would probably slap you! She almost died from overdosing on heroin. She is now getting the help she needs, but it still was a surprise that she was even doing that to herself.
Third, the programmer ran out the door with his hands in the air, and basically told me it would cost me more to have him fix the issues with that game, as he cannot follow the programming style. Now I am dealing with the fact he has all my raw code for secrets, and trying to get it back from him before I do any kind of legal action against him. Thank god, I keep all my code on separate computers.
Now onto what I have to do:
First thing is first. It seems that I have read all over the internet that people really miss Secrets, and want that more than WRCTF. I am fine with that. I want to do one or the other, but I really want to get Secrets done. Since I have no programmer anymore, I will just continue the way I was and later fix the minor bugs. If you know of anything or how to help this process, please let me know in a DM. I would greatly appreciate it.
I still have renders for the next few actions in Secrets I can finish to complete the next part until 3.0. I still have Rayne wanting to meet up with Val and finishing off that part of the story, and also Angela's big secret to reveal in the next 2 parts.
With WRCTF... Well, that is gonna be something hard to do right now, because the story is going all over the place and I really want it to slow way down from the original. Meg's story is so complicated and intense (At least for her) that I really need to sit down and add more storylines to it than anything. Liv, still needs to have times with Libby also. Don't even get me started with Desire...
Let me know whether to do WRCTF first or Secrets. I am game for both, and want to appease you all with what I have to offer. I am going to start getting back into everything in about a week once I know my life has stopped being wrapped around the finger of disaster. I am truly sorry again for all of the wait, but I needed to do life before I continue doing fantasy. I hope you accept all my excuses and my life being flipped about 4 times in 6 weeks.
Thank you as always. Have a great day and be safe!

I vote secrets
This Dev is full of shit
do you believe all that crap? :)

if he worked harder on his games there is no need to work 100+ hours each week on his regular job

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
This Dev is full of shit
do you believe all that crap? :)

if he worked harder on his games there is no need to work 100+ hours each week on his regular job
How much do you think he makes on making this game?? Dude I hope your joking. Irl is whats most important, you gotta be patient and wait it out..

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
How much do you think he makes on making this game?? Dude I hope your joking. Irl is whats most important, you gotta be patient and wait it out..
Well, I think his point is that the dev WOULD be making more money on this game if he prioritized it more and marketed it well. Not enough to replace his FT job I'm sure, so I get your point too.

This was my favorite game and I so wish for an update. I always dreamed of a sandbox on par with Big Brother that was lesbian themed and Secrets is the closest there is...by miles...because literally nobody else has attempted it. Damn if I had the talent I would make the game of my dreams, but nope.

Anyway, I wish this Dev the best because I genuinely believe he is not lazy or a scammer. Just very new to making games and working hard at his "IRL" job. He just needs a talented person to help him clean up the code and set him up for success.

Reactions: buxoi1983

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Well, I think his point is that the dev WOULD be making more money on this game if he prioritized it more and marketed it well. Not enough to replace his FT job I'm sure, so I get your point too.

This was my favorite game and I so wish for an update. I always dreamed of a sandbox on par with Big Brother that was lesbian themed and Secrets is the closest there is...by miles...because literally nobody else has attempted it. Damn if I had the talent I would make the game of my dreams, but nope.

Anyway, I wish this Dev the best because I genuinely believe he is not lazy or a scammer. Just very new to making games and working hard at his "IRL" job. He just needs a talented person to help him clean up the code and set him up for success.
Well Im not going into details about his PL, but as a patreon Im following his posts. And hes been through some rough things, but has kept up updated along the way. He is back to working on the game and he made a poll whether he should focus on secrets or his other game, and secrets won. So Im guessing we can expect more content in the near future..

Snowfoxia

Aug 16, 2023
There's no point in focusing on an update - just wait and see.:unsure:
If none comes, I think that would be a shame. Bug fixes would also help. :eek:
I've played it so many times, sometimes you just don't have any speech bubbles or the events don't trigger.:cry:

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes