Mod Ren'Py Seducing the Devil [v0.12b] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

hulogh13

Oct 26, 2017
oh thats probably why because 11.b saves are working fine thanks for the reply thank god i have time to replay though its getting annoying with each update :D thanks again for the mod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That was a really fast update on the mod. If you dont mind me asking when will it be available for android and just out curiosity why the game works but mod doesnt in joiplay. Thanks in advance
Good morning. I don't have a timeline, apologies. I've always coded for PC and use an iPhone to call and talk to others. That's just me so it's my priorities. Every time I think I'm caught up to start porting some of my mods it starts raining VN updates again. Note that I only have ~30 of my personal mods that are public but that's more than it seems: if dev's update ~ every month or two that's one to two days per VN I have to update them leaving little slack. I'll get it sorted eventually... maybe.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks,I didn't see that.
I think I'm going blind:ROFLMAO::LOL:.
It's fine... this one is not too customized of a patch on my end and I named the file the same so as not to contradict the dev... so if a player adds the patch file on their own it won't bork anything. This one's a rare case and why I don't have the iPatch toggle-enabled currently.

Reactions: Knight of the Dawn

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
oh thats probably why because 11.b saves are working fine thanks for the reply thank god i have time to replay though its getting annoying with each update :D thanks again for the mod
I made the mistake yesterday morning when I started porting the mod over... I was randomly loading in my old saves to verify integrity after all the changes the dev made to grammatical fixes and such... and was having really odd results in the stats menus to the point I thought I fucked up... then remembered by private confo with the dev explaining how much better off he'd be with booleans across the board. He rewrote the VN with them ~v0.11b or so... maybe v0.11c, I can't recall at the moment.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hopefully this is the last time we have to start over
You don't have to start over bud... only if you want to experience all the grammatical edits the dev made of course. It's compatible with mid-v0.11 era saves.

Takk, Bror! Take this virtual whiskey as a thanks.. Its a double double :D
Crown & Coke is served on my end... cheers my good sir, and a prosperous and healthy new year to you an yours.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: NyVar

john984

Jun 6, 2020
Sorry if it's already answered. But my saves aren't working. I downloaded the compressed version and also installed your mod

Edit: attached the traceback

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry if it's already answered. But my saves aren't working. I downloaded the compressed version and also installed your mod

Edit: attached the traceback
Just as if you were playing unmodded, saves prior to mid-v0.11 will never be able to rollback far enough. The dev changed all variables to boolean. Load a save made from v0.11b+ (~ no older than around March2022 for 11b, June2022 for 11c).

What are "ElSelVerchoice" and "VerSelElChoice"?
"ElSelVerChoice" - The second main branch of the VN. MC/Selina/Veronica go to see Ella in the USofA.
"VerSelElChoice" - The fourth main branch of the VN. Ella comes to see MC/Selina/Veronica.

It's the dev's naming convention, so we're rolling with it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MrHatIsHere

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
Please see post here above.
The reason why i asked is i havent had any problems with your other mods when playing on joiplay,its only this game's mod. Im just wondering whats the problem with the mod. Dont understand me wrong i like your mods and they make the games a better experience and this is one of the games i really liked.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
after installing the mod and update the game files, when i try to load last saves i got error..could be that i played without mod before and now having it it give me error?..is the save fix any help for me?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
after installing the mod and update the game files, when i try to load last saves i got error..could be that i played without mod before and now having it it give me error?..is the save fix any help for me?
No and no.

See posts here and here for example. Old saves prior to v0.11b (whether modded or unmodded) will not work due to the dev rewriting all the variable code. Load a save that's v0.11b+

If you aren't loading an older save then attach your traceback.txt file (don't paste a pic of it, physically attach it to the post).

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
No and no.

See posts here and here for example. Old saves prior to v0.11b (whether modded or unmodded) will not work due to the dev rewriting all the variable code. Load a save that's v0.11b+

If you aren't loading an older save then attach your traceback.txt file (don't paste a pic of it, physically attach it to the post).
so i played the previous version...0.11d... all my saves are from this version...so shoul work?? i installed the incest patch into game folder..could be tyhat?

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
reinstalled without incest patch but stilll error . here it is:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Seducing The Devil 0.12a
Thu Jan  5 20:31:14 2023
any tip?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so i played the previous version...0.11d... all my saves are from this version...so shoul work?? i installed the incest patch into game folder..could be tyhat?
No, the patch doesn't have anything to do with it. Yes, they should work fine (all of mine do, and hundreds of other folks as well). Try to load another save. All that's in that traceback is RenPy is rollback as far as it can and not finding a proper resting point. Likely due to conditionals at the point you made the save. Try another one or two and see if they load.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
No, the patch doesn't have anything to do with it. Yes, they should work fine (all of mine do, and hundreds of other folks as well). Try to load another save. All that's in that traceback is RenPy is rollback as far as it can and not finding a proper resting point. Likely due to conditionals at the point you made the save. Try another one or two and see if they load.
i tried isntalkling without mod and patch still got the same error..tried 2 different save...maybe the version i downloaded on rpdl was failed?? i try download it form workup from main page. thanks for the help..i know your mod every time works..so i knew was sometyhing else. thanks again

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
i tried isntalkling without mod and patch still got the same error..tried 2 different save...maybe the version i downloaded on rpdl was failed?? i try download it form workup from main page. thanks for the help..i know your mod every time works..so i knew was sometyhing else. thanks again
I DL'd v0.12a: the original from Mega and the compressed from WorkUpload... for reference.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes