Mod Ren'Py Seducing the Devil [v0.12b] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Tried to use the old mod and gave an error even starting the game. Guess I will have to wait on Sancho also then
Due to this from the dev as noted in the VN's OP:
"
Important Note: Old saves won't work with this update due to the new patch.
You need to restart from the beginning and then either enable or disable the "Madison patch".
"

So, we all get to restart - modded or unmodded it's the same condition it would appear. I'll let you know once I dig into it and see if I can manipulate the "Madison patch" variable to be conditional. No promises but I'll see what I can do.

shrillbill

Jan 15, 2022
Just wanted to point out how much I appreciate that you actually post that you will be updating your mod soon. Simply knowing the update is in the works makes the wait much easier to manage, and I wanted to let you know your efforts to be transparent aren't going unappreciated.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just wanted to point out how much I appreciate that you actually post that you will be updated your mod soon. Simply knowing the update is in the works makes the wait much easier to manage, and I wanted to let you know your efforts to be transparent aren't going unappreciated.
I appreciate your patience. This particular title will take a bit of doing as you may know due to some changes but we'll get through it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanaa Star

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, the compressed version just dropped via giqui in the VN's OP so I'll start getting busy. It's getting late here so please don't expect anything real soon. I need time to comb over all the changes the dev introduced in the patch as well as the new content as the previous ChoiceGuide will likely all need to be revamped now. I'll keep y'all updated as always. Regards.

alcapone847

Dec 16, 2017
I like the note at top of OP "please be patient as I port". Is it ready yet? is it ready yet? is it ready yet?....... LOL. Half the threads on the site.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. I just got up and making coffee.

Update progress as of midnight when I called it a day can be found here. I'm back to it and progress will be much faster now that the v011c scripts have been folded in. Now I just have to hook everything in the code and work the "Madison patch" toggle. I've a simple idea to allow you to toggle this "patch" on/off as you please (considered a cheat of sorts but you should already know that technically). Regards.

Reactions: GreggoryLove

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Good morning. I just got up and making coffee.

Update progress as of midnight when I called it a day can be found here. I'm back to it and progress will be much faster now that the v011c scripts have been folded in. Now I just have to hook everything in the code and work the "Madison patch" toggle. I've a simple idea to allow you to toggle this "patch" on/off as you please (considered a cheat of sorts but you should already know that technically). Regards.
Thanks for all your great work Sancho! Seeing one of your mods on a game makes me more likely to try the game. I appreciate all the hard work you do for the community.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yay! Port of 011b into the latest mod Core code done and running:
1654180739761.png
Next:
  • insure the ChoiceGuide rebuilt properly thru 011b,
  • double-check each scene coded in SanchoGallery thru 011b to insure integrity,
  • incorporate "Madison patch" into SanchoCheats,
  • populate 011c ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery scenes.
That's the biggies, I'll tweak little things as I go. Will keep y'all posted (this is no small task so thank you for hanging in there).

Ramozbee

Jul 4, 2019
after installing fresh mod to the fresh game folder i got this error in text file and not opening the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive Gallery.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thu Jun 02 21:00:48 2022

can anybody help me please

john984

Jun 6, 2020
after installing fresh mod to the fresh game folder i got this error in text file and not opening the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\ka\Downloads\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc_2\SeducingTheDevil-0.11c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Thu Jun 02 21:00:48 2022

can anybody help me please
The mod is not updated yet, read few posts above

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Maddy/Ella will be toggle enabled via SanchoCheats. There is no harm here just like "sharing" in that it just depicts what scenes and/or what dialogue you see going forward. Both can technically be changed at will and as desired.
1654189937664.png
I took the liberty of making the dev's accent color lighter so buttons are easier to read. The medium blue/purple used just is an eyestrain imo so I made it a bit lighter and leaning more on the purple end of the color spectrum. Other than that... I've populated the ChoiceGuide 100% thru all of 011c. I do need to blast some speedruns to double-check a few though. The next biggie will be to populate the new scene(s) into SanchoGallery and confirm that the past scenes in 011b play as intended. I may have to tweak some of those due to the new "MaddyElla patch". These might take more time since I'll actually have to read the dialogue and not necessarily speedrun through them, we'll see how it goes.

That's it for now as my mind is still on the code and need to get back to it. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, porting this has been more of a bear than it should have been but I've currently been speedrunning and not finding any issues so far. The speedruns are taking longer due to the amount of splits of course. While doing so I debated putting in the new scene into the gallery but, like the other current route chapters have decided against it do to length and over-spoiler. The variety can be changed in-game via the above post's mentioned "MaddyElla" cheat button. I've been testing this on the fly as well and it has been solid. Unless I find something gamebreaking it won't be too much longer and I'll start compiling for final integrity tests. I still have a few minor GUI tweaks to make but those code really fast.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Final teaser pic... hopefully the final SanchoCheats screen:
1654200955014.png
This is a sign that we're real close as cheats are the least important thing to me personally so it's generally the last item I deal with. I have quite a bit of garbage code to cleanup so I'm in the final stages before compiling. Thank you again for your patience and I'll stop teasing you :p

JPG007

Jun 7, 2020
This guy is the best, wow

Final teaser pic... hopefully the final SanchoCheats screen:
This is a sign that we're real close as cheats are the least important thing to me personally so it's generally the last item I deal with. I have quite a bit of garbage code to cleanup so I'm in the final stages before compiling. Thank you again for your patience and I'll stop teasing you :p

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes