geoolympics

Aug 27, 2019
I wasn't sure when MonkOne will be updating their Extended Scene Replay Mod as it's been 6 or 7 weeks since 3.0.6 came out. Hopefully they'll come back to update it later on, but in the mean time I thought I'd update it as best I could (pretty sure I got all the new scenes with CG). Just sharing in case anyone else wants it. I had a quick check and there doesn't seem to be any errors.

Credits to MonkOne of course, I just updated it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sir, o Sir, the new version is out and we look forward to your update! Thanks so much for your hard work!

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
To be fair, part of that time has been reworking older content. Turns out years of experience really helps improve their craft, and so they're gone back and touched up earlier work so that the current version of a consistently high quality.
Yes and no. There was a lot of reworking and changing of earlier content, fiddling with mechanics and switching things around.

However, while the end result may or may not turn out great some day, the process certainly wasn't. I haven't played for a few updates now, so I can't comment on the current state, but for a long time many mechanics were broken or not working as intended. Options that were previously available suddenly no longer worked and vital subsystems, like the forge, happened to break completely without the devs even mentioning it until patrons pointed it out.

I'll have to take your word for the current version being of "consistently high quality" but if the changelog in the OP included all bugs and bugfixes it would be the length of a novel.

I do agree about the art and writing though. Quality stuff, even if the vast majority is aimed at subs and cucks.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
guide please?

It installs the same way all other Ren'py mods are.

First, download the mod. Should be an archive file format (ZIP, RAR).
Decompress the archive (7Zip, WinRAR, etc.).
Now take the files in the archive, and copy/paste them into the Game folder inside the install directory of the game you are modding (e.g. Downloads/Seeds_of_Chaos/Game).

But also, the current scene replay mod (ver 0.3.06) hasn't been updated for the latest game version (ver 0.3.07a), so use at your own risk or wait for an update.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Uff, the search was not much of a help here...
2 questions about the female protagonist:
1. can she be played as pure lesbian?
2. will she also encounter ntr?

Ihatefish

Dec 12, 2020
It installs the same way all other Ren'py mods are.

First, download the mod. Should be an archive file format (ZIP, RAR).
Decompress the archive (7Zip, WinRAR, etc.).
Now take the files in the archive, and copy/paste them into the Game folder inside the install directory of the game you are modding (e.g. Downloads/Seeds_of_Chaos/Game).

But also, the current scene replay mod (ver 0.3.06) hasn't been updated for the latest game version (ver 0.3.07a), so use at your own risk or wait for an update.
Thanks a lot.

Reactions: EvolutionKills

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Uff, the search was not much of a help here...
2 questions about the female protagonist:
1. can she be played as pure lesbian?
2. will she also encounter ntr?
The game features deuteragonists. A husband and wife pair. You spend time in each of their perspectives and make decisions as each of them depending on the scene. The male is a the most main character, especially in the begining, but by the end you'll have spent nearly as much time as the female character.

Because the characters are married and have a history together, and also the female character canonically has not been with other women before, she can't start off as a pure lesbian. You can however, play the husband as neglectful, and have her have a lesbian awakening very easily. All sex scenes are optional so she doesn't have to have any straight sex during the story if you don't want her to.

Reactions: Virulenz

Thiuss

Dec 18, 2021
don't know if this was answered already, but how do I unlock gallery on the newest update? the one with changing False to True in 00gallery.rpy doesn't seem to work

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Yes and no. There was a lot of reworking and changing of earlier content, fiddling with mechanics and switching things around.

However, while the end result may or may not turn out great some day, the process certainly wasn't. I haven't played for a few updates now, so I can't comment on the current state, but for a long time many mechanics were broken or not working as intended. Options that were previously available suddenly no longer worked and vital subsystems, like the forge, happened to break completely without the devs even mentioning it until patrons pointed it out.

I'll have to take your word for the current version being of "consistently high quality" but if the changelog in the OP included all bugs and bugfixes it would be the length of a novel.

I do agree about the art and writing though. Quality stuff, even if the vast majority is aimed at subs and cucks.

That is also largely fair, but I'll also disagree just a bit.

The game is a bit buggy, and the underlying mechanics have been overhauled, but they're still not great. I like that the skill checks now are a bit more simplified from their earlier heavily d20 inspired iteration, but they're still not great. But earlier content has not only been reworked to be better written, but fit more logically within the narrative structure; especially so with the intro content that occurs before Rowan is given free reign and pointed at Raeve Keep.

Now because there is so much content, and most of it has so many layers of dependencies (I've played around with debug using UnRen), I understand how keeping so many spinning plates in order at one is a daunting task. That's not an excuse for game bugs, but an explanation as to my understanding as to why they happen and why I don't let them bother me as much.

While there is certainly a sizeable amount of BDSM content of all stripes, I'd quibble with labeling it as the 'vast majority', especially so content where Rowan is a 'cuck'. Cause, he really isn't your typical jilted lover. If you're looking for an actual cuckold experience, where the MC gets soul crushed by watching their rival fuck the love of their life in front of them while they're impotent to do anything to stop it (e.g. A Promise Best Left Unkept, Babysitter, Alansya Chronicles: Fleeting Iris, Swing & Miss, etc.)? That content isn't in SoC. Sure, there is NTR content, quite a bit of it. But you can see that content by neglecting Alexia, focusing on Helayna, and just being an inattentive husband; let alone a right bastard in your own right.

Rowan isn't limited to being a sad-sack cuck, because Rowan FUCKS. While Alexia falls into Andras or Jezera's orbit, Rowan can be fucking damn near everything else that walks near him. Goblins, orcs, dryads, elves, succubi, captives, nobles, nuns, adventurers, driders, prostitutes, his forge master, his secretary, the brothel's madam, an anthropomorphic spirit-wolf, and even a fucking will-o-wisp. Rowan can be an absolute manwhore if you want him to be, without being submissive, whether or not Alexia is fucking around behind him. There are plenty of options to be a sub, but also to be a dom, or to be gay, or even just be vanilla as hell and faithful to Alexia in the face of corruption (but if you do, you probably play boring Paladins in D&D and you should be ashamed of yourself ;) ).

geoolympics

Aug 27, 2019
don't know if this was answered already, but how do I unlock gallery on the newest update? the one with changing False to True in 00gallery.rpy doesn't seem to work
That stopped working AGES ago. The best mod for this is the extended scene replay mod, created by MonkOne(who hasn't been on for months), and is now being worked on by opaquecake. This allows you to actually replay the scenes instead of just looking at pictures. You can use the link in the first post, that one should still have all the scenes from the previous version, .3.06

fihesog318

Jul 6, 2020
Does anyone know what the sex scenes are?

- One new Fae event (including one sex scene)
- Two new chaos incursion events
- Two new Blackholt events (including two sex scenes)
- One new Breeding Pits job event (including one sex scene)

Someone said Breeding Pit is Rowan x Draith (Gay)?
Is that correct, what are the others?

Reactions: asgardtipar2

LunarCainEX

Nov 13, 2020
Anyone knows which line are the Cheats to edit>?
or can anyone share me a save Week 1 with max resources?

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
still you get cucked or they changed that
The game never forced NTR on you unless you as the player allowed it. NTR can be avoided very easily provided you read the text and not just skip. And if you want to be 100% sure, you can turn NTR off completely from the start (the game specifically asks if you want to do it).

Reactions: Chuck6o and Chakas
4.00 star(s) 160 Votes