TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
It will be possible to have Corrupt and Loyal Alexia, but it has to happen later on. Alexia, on her own, is a relatively conservative and compassionate person. For her to grow corrupted, someone needs to drag her down. The twins keep doing this from day 1, but Rowan only starts once his own Morals start to deteriorate.
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I have a totally corrupt and totally pure...ish playthrough going so I should see it all in the end.

The corrupt route has so much more content... its obvious the game is geared towards this path, which is cool for the lovers of that route. It would be nice if the good route could compete on the content side with more couple scenes with RowanXAlexia cause the best scene and only animated scene was the sexy picnic (very hot btw) or as long as there both on the same page maybe some 3some content that doesnt include a minotaur :ROFLMAO:

Is there a rough timetable of how much game is left and possibly a guesstimate of when the final release may be?

Reactions: HK51 and Back

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
It will be possible to have Corrupt and Loyal Alexia, but it has to happen later on. Alexia, on her own, is a relatively conservative and compassionate person. For her to grow corrupted, someone needs to drag her down. The twins keep doing this from day 1, but Rowan only starts once his own Morals start to deteriorate.
I look forward to how playstyles open up and maybe one day I get to see a strong, perverted, corrupt and Loyal Alexia manipulating on her own terms sharing power with Rowan and twins twins humbed at their feet lol Maybe even Helena back to realise her daydream.

Reactions: Back
May 19, 2017
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I have a totally corrupt and totally pure...ish playthrough going so I should see it all in the end.

The corrupt route has so much more content... its obvious the game is geared towards this path, which is cool for the lovers of that route. It would be nice if the good route could compete on the content side with more couple scenes with RowanXAlexia cause the best scene and only animated scene was the sexy picnic (very hot btw) or as long as there both on the same page maybe some 3some content that doesnt include a minotaur :ROFLMAO:

Is there a rough timetable of how much game is left and possibly a guesstimate of when the final release may be?
Would love to know too although it might still not even be at 50%. I'm kinda excited over here just thinking about when it'll reach full release along with backer content.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Is the new Greyhide x Alexia scene not included in this version? Also, I seem to have missed the chance to side with Tarish because even though I got the poison, I couldn't ask for help from Jezara and I couldn't poison the orc weapons.
I assume you mean the one in the forge? I triggered it in my 0.2.42 save. Remember you have to have triggered both the previous Greyhide sex scenes (the dinner one and the threesome one) before the forge one will trigger, and Alexia of course has to be working in the forge.

If you're having trouble with the dinner scene, I think you need both Rowan and Alexia under 20 corruption for that to trigger, and you need to have seen the scene with Rowan and Greyhide at the tavern (and have offered to introduce him to Alexia). Both those scenes are pretty rare, so you may need to savescum* to get them to trigger before you reach 20 corruption—I never got it in my first couple of playthroughs. I think the threesome scene may have similar requirements, and that's also a pretty rare trigger.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 19, 2017
I assume you mean the one in the forge? I triggered it in my 0.2.42 save. Remember you have to have triggered both the previous Greyhide sex scenes (the dinner one and the threesome one) before the forge one will trigger, and Alexia of course has to be working in the forge.

If you're having trouble with the dinner scene, I think you need both Rowan and Alexia under 20 corruption for that to trigger, and you need to have seen the scene with Rowan and Greyhide at the tavern (and have offered to introduce him to Alexia). Both those scenes are pretty rare, so you may need to savescum* to get them to trigger before you reach 20 corruption—I never got it in my first couple of playthroughs. I think the threesome scene may have similar requirements, and that's also a pretty rare trigger.

I already had triggered the one with the three of them.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Yeah, that's the forge one. How did you end the threesome scene? You have to agree with Alexia to continue seeing Greyhide--any option other than "pretend this never happened" should work. If you did, then you just need to keep having Alexia work in the forge till the scene triggers. I believe it's the one that starts with the iron shipments being delayed.

May 19, 2017
Yeah, that's the forge one. How did you end the threesome scene? You have to agree with Alexia to continue seeing Greyhide--any option other than "pretend this never happened" should work. If you did, then you just need to keep having Alexia work in the forge till the scene triggers. I believe it's the one that starts with the iron shipments being delayed.
Okay I found out that the threesome occured on a separate save. Still, I have both Rowan and Alexia's corruption are above 20 and the table manners scene already happened but the threesome won't trigger.

Edit: Okay I found out the reason and it's because Alexia's corruption was at 100. Damn. How do I lower that?

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Okay I found out that the threesome occured on a separate save. Still, I have both Rowan and Alexia's corruption are above 20 and the table manners scene already happened but the threesome won't trigger.
Corruption needs to be less then 20 for both Rowan and Alexia for it to trigger.

I used a save editor to lower stats when needed to trigger specific events.

DarthLAX

Oct 28, 2017
If the twins actually considered Rowan irreplaceable, they wouldn't potentially off him on week 60 for not collecting enough income. To them he's the result of a fun scheme and a valuable tool. Nothing more.
Is that an income only thing? I thought it was an "we don't have enough soldiers and we are about to be attacked" thing (then again: It still happens, even if you get those orcs from that large camp on board, who are numerous enough to actually confront an army of a thousand (especially since orcs are tougher than humans))

Seriously, I've tried everything and I can't seem to avoid this fate and it freaking sucks (note: I also would like to - finally - be able to turn against the twins (or Andras at least, I like his sister after all and would love to keep her around in an "It's good to be the king" kind of arrangement, especially since I don't like the feudal system that seems to be in place on that world! Hell, advancement into nobility (they call Rowan a "dirt general" after all and never offered him a title despite the fact that he's a war hero and would probably at least have been knighted in RL) seems to not be a thing and peasants seem to be treated like shit, something I don't like at all! So yeah, I'd love to conquer and change this world - but get rid of Andras)

So yeah, I like this so far (interface could be better IMHO), but I'd love to not be killed for something I can't seem to prevent :(

A360

Jun 29, 2018
Seriously, I've tried everything and I can't seem to avoid this fate and it freaking sucks (note: I also would like to - finally - be able to turn against the twins (or Andras at least, I like his sister after all and would love to keep her around in an "It's good to be the king" kind of arrangement, especially since I don't like the feudal system that seems to be in place on that world! Hell, advancement into nobility (they call Rowan a "dirt general" after all and never offered him a title despite the fact that he's a war hero and would probably at least have been knighted in RL) seems to not be a thing and peasants seem to be treated like shit, something I don't like at all! So yeah, I'd love to conquer and change this world - but get rid of Andras)

So yeah, I like this so far (interface could be better IMHO), but I'd love to not be killed for something I can't seem to prevent :(
Tbh I find it is just easier to use the console when it comes to the finances. It seems too easy to have your income be low or even negative due to what I presume is the soldiers/cubi and the forge. castle.treasury= 80000 and you don't have to worry about the game ending :).

I don't think we'll see Rowan truly turn the tables on them any time soon. We've not even conquered 1 realm yet and there's 5 left after that. Technically I think we're still in the early parts of the game, which is kinda impressive considering this has so much content already. I could be completely wrong of course as I'm basing that on the presumption the twins will be the ones to initially start and lead the war against the other realms.

I'm more curious how the Rowan willingly siding with the twins route is going to go if that's even going to be an option. I liked Jezera but the desk scene and its variations makes me think that relationship could grow more antagonistic not less, Andras is still as antagonistic as always. It feels there's more reasons to betray them than side with them right now. What drew me to the game originally was the art and the idea of a hero falling and been able to direct that fall. Atm I feel Rowan is closer to Wormtongue to Saruman than Sauron to Morgoth. I'm not sure siding with the twins is going to be possible without them also treating you like a slave. Looking forward to seeing how the game develops either way :).

TheKryptonian

Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Tbh I find it is just easier to use the console when it comes to the finances. It seems too easy to have your income be low or even negative due to what I presume is the soldiers/cubi and the forge. castle.treasury= 80000 and you don't have to worry about the game ending :).

I don't think we'll see Rowan truly turn the tables on them any time soon. We've not even conquered 1 realm yet and there's 5 left after that. Technically I think we're still in the early parts of the game, which is kinda impressive considering this has so much content already. I could be completely wrong of course as I'm basing that on the presumption the twins will be the ones to initially start and lead the war against the other realms.

I'm more curious how the Rowan willingly siding with the twins route is going to go if that's even going to be an option. I liked Jezera but the desk scene and its variations makes me think that relationship could grow more antagonistic not less, Andras is still as antagonistic as always. It feels there's more reasons to betray them than side with them right now. What drew me to the game originally was the art and the idea of a hero falling and been able to direct that fall. Atm I feel Rowan is closer to Wormtongue to Saruman than Sauron to Morgoth. I'm not sure siding with the twins is going to be possible without them also treating you like a slave. Looking forward to seeing how the game develops either way :).
Unless Rowan gets leverage on the twins like Alexia is for him there is no way to get an upper hand.

He will need to try to drive a wedge between them somehow and pit them against eachother.

A team up I dont beleive will ever be possible as they see themselves to be Rowans better in every way possible. Even if he is valuable at the moment.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
The easiest way to secure finances without resorting to the console is to savescum villages. For some reason, most village capture events don't actually count the village towards the number of villages you have under your thumb or get money from; only the generic village capture (where you specify how many of your forces you'll use to subdue the village), the nobleman bribery event (where he offers you the two girls), and the coven event (when Rowan stumbles on some women trying to practice "the old ways") seem to add to your weekly funds. If you use these specific events to capture all the villages pretty early on (only the generic capture one is repeatable), money isn't much of an issue, especially since many of the buildings don't really seem to do anything yet. It also helps if you can get the two ruler events that give you 100 gold each early on—the one where an orc comes to ask you how to distribute some uncovered wealth (put it in the treasury), and the one where Skordred and Cliohna are fighting (side with Skordred)—, you should have more than enough to work with. If for some reason you really need the extra income after capturing the keep, Alexia can get you another 10 gold or so per week in the tavern job.

I find the only things worth spending money on are the event-required buildings (brothel, tavern, forge, dark sanctum, arena, breeding pit); and it only really seems to be worth upgrading the library and dark sanctum, as those both contribute to your research speed, and the dark sanctum also multiplies your orcs' military strength (aside from adding to military strength, as well). You can upgrade the orc barracks, but I don't feel like that's necessary with fully equipped orc forces plus a filled out dark sanctum. I've got a military strength of 675 with 30 equipped orcs and 10 cubi, and I'm not really sure how many driders, and this is at week 32 without going through the orciad yet, and that's way more than you need for anything in the game so far. You can also save the breeding pit and arena till after you capture the keep, as well as the brothel if you don't want to infiltrate, or the tavern if you don't care about Greyhide's scenes or you're keeping yourself pure.

Reactions: Back and A360

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I believe certain research and buildings do boost your income as well, @diebesgrab; such as Trade Routes and Tavern, at least they were in older versions. Haven't tried nor tested things out in the current version.

Week 60 bad ending to death Rowen anyone can know how to play ...?
I thought it was an "we don't have enough soldiers and we are about to be attacked" thing (then again: It still happens, even if you get those orcs from that large camp on board, who are numerous enough to actually confront an army of a thousand (especially since orcs are tougher than humans))
Put simply, you'll need both the requisite gold crowns and orcs from the Orcaid events. (Gold + Orcs)
If I recall correctly, you'll need to have 500 gold crowns in the Treasury (as personal gold does not count for this), but don't count me on the exact amount as my memory is a bit fuzzy on that amount required. Also, you'll need the military backing from the orcs by folding one of the leaders from Orcaid events to get past the game-ending event successfully.

PS - Oh, also, here's a friendly hint (minor spoiler ahead), when you get around to doing the map exploration portion of the game, visit the Orc encampment in the NW (upper left area). You'll have lots and lots and lots of time to do this so there's no rush, but it's imperative that you visit that location (and revisit that location several times). This particular site revolves around the Orcaid events. You'll need to revisit this location several times to wrap things up there otherwise you'll encounter a game over event around Week 60. Many new players are surprised by that, and inevitably ask what to do. So I'm giving you a heads-up on that now. Again, have fun and enjoy the game! Cheers!
That's a portion of a post when I responded to another, new player. In addition to the quote above, there was a bug in the game if you rushed to this orc encampment too soon in the game. It may have been resolved in the current version but I suggest doing the Orcaid events only after completing the Reave Keep arc. Have fun and good luck!
Edit: The Gold + Orcaid Orcs requisites are checked much later in the game--on or around Week 60 so you'll have a generous amount of time to wrap this up.

Reactions: A360

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
@Rein Hey, just a short question that's been nagging me for a while. Are there any plans to increase the patreon stretch goals?
Because it seems the monthly donations have pretty much stagnated around 7k, and don't seem to rise. There's an open "more is better" disclaimer, but that's a pretty vague promise. In my opinion it'll encourage people to donate much more easily if they've got a concrete soon to be reached goal that they can progress towards.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
The easiest way to secure finances without resorting to the console is to savescum villages. For some reason, most village capture events don't actually count the village towards the number of villages you have under your thumb or get money from; only the generic village capture (where you specify how many of your forces you'll use to subdue the village)
This sounds like a considerable bug. Are you sure about it?

@Rein Hey, just a short question that's been nagging me for a while. Are there any plans to increase the patreon stretch goals?
Because it seems the monthly donations have pretty much stagnated around 7k, and don't seem to rise. There's an open "more is better" disclaimer, but that's a pretty vague promise. In my opinion it'll encourage people to donate much more easily if they've got a concrete soon to be reached goal that they can progress towards.
The main problem is that there's not really much we can promise people at the moment. We had to scrap the money to hire a new programmer so we can finally fix some of the really old issues that has been plaguing us, like the placeholder skill system, or the obnoxious way Room Events work. This is not stuff that we can dangle behind a Patreon Goal, it simply has to be done, one way or the other.

Personally, I hope the donations will increase in a few months. Once I’ll have the new skill mechanics in place, we’ll be able to send the game out for reviews again, showcase how much work has been done not only in progressing the plot, but also in fixing the core of the game.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Yes. I can also confirm this issue. I made a note of this issue in the last bug report I made of this game a while back.
Villages - The game is not correctly tracking this. For example, in my current save, the game says I only have three villages under Bloodmeen's thumb despite folding all the villages in the exploration map towards the Twins. At least the Mines are tracked correctly.
Edit: I did not employ any savescum methods during that run of the game.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
I've tested it in versions 0.2.40 and 0.2.42. I didn't do what I would consider rigorous testing (ie, running the save file multiple weeks past the conclusion of the events, testing the events under several different combinations of previously set flags, testing them multiple times in a single version), but I did systematically test all of the village events I could get to trigger in both versions, and I'm fairly certain only the ones I listed actually resulted in village captures under the Bloodmeen details menu. I can attest that all variants of the generic village capture event result in a capture in Bloodmeen.

My method of testing was to save on a tile next to the village, move to the village, allow the event to run, and then end exploration early to see the effect in the castle. If it's worth noting, all testing was done prior to capturing Raeve.

I'll echo Back's assertion that mines are working correctly. I don't recall ever running into a mine event that didn't result in an additional mine other than the Goblin warning one, and I'm pretty sure that's intentional. I think abbeys are working correctly, too; there are a couple abbey events that don't result in additional research bonuses, but I believe those are intentional?

Reactions: Back

lorvala

Jul 20, 2017
Can timed by optional i dislike how some stuff is timed and if you don't do it in time you fail the game

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
What's the deal with the orc event in the camp to the northeast?

I wandered there early on in the game, was greeted by a female orc. Then I ended up in a multiple choice menu, where I could revisit her, every other option resulted in what I can only guess is a scripting error, it dumped me back to the map with suchandsuch not found in the debug menu.
I didn't mind it much at the time and played on.

However, now I think I've explored most of the map, and I'm reminded that I should make an alliance with the orcs.
But I cannot - revisiting this camp does not trigger a new event.
What do I have to do? Is there a console command I can run?

Thanks!

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes