Wol

Aug 30, 2016
Actually gay/ntr/futa content is what makes this 4k $. Take them out and the revenue will drop, for example i started supporting this game for NTR content. There is a reason for so many NTR/incest games&comics being produced, they sell. Even futa&gay content have their own fans.

I think the problem comes from the dev team being quite large for such a project, 10 people is a lot for 4k revenue.
Like many things it's a combination of both issues most likely, the shear amount of fetishes they're trying to do means that none of them except ntr scenes have really gotten any development, which probably makes fans of those fetishes less willing to donate to the project, then there's the simple fact that having 10 people work on a project that's only making 4k is laughable, it makes it so that content is added at a snails pace, which makes potential patrons also less willing to donate. LordArioch is ambitious but he completely lacks the ability to prioritize content. For example, and this may just be me, one of the things that turns me off from the game is that practically every piece of artwork is done by a different artist.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Like many things it's a combination of both issues most likely, the shear amount of fetishes they're trying to do means that none of them except ntr scenes have really gotten any development, which probably makes fans of those fetishes less willing to donate to the project, then there's the simple fact that having 10 people work on a project that's only making 4k is laughable, it makes it so that content is added at a snails pace, which makes potential patrons also less willing to donate. LordArioch is ambitious but he completely lacks the ability to prioritize content. For example, and this may just be me, one of the things that turns me off from the game is that practically every piece of artwork is done by a different artist.
There's one CG artist, one guy in charge of backgrounds, and a sprite artist. I think it's fine to separate these things, although it would be cheaper to have one guy do it, but I think the sprite guy doesn't like drawing certain fetishes and maybe the background guy is just bad at drawing people.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
I think one of his problems that he's trying to make a game that is out of his "range" in terms of money right now trying to do too much at once before gaining a large amount of financial backup.
here's some of the problems I think he has at the moment:
*3(4?) different artists working of different things
*trying to cater to a wide variety of fetishes
*developing a number of complex(relatively speaking) like castle management, a slave trainer system,rowans own character progression,a lot of random events during exploration
*working of another project that(I'm not really sure there's too much interest in it)
*now that he's trying to get rowan to be a bit more dominant(giving him is own staff) a few of the "heavy" backers jumped ship(probably because they think rowan should be a little sissy forever)
*giving the player different choices and outcomes

That's pretty ambitious,and I'm not totally sure what is the correct solution for it but I think he should focus a few particular areas of the game that will most likely attract backers instead of trying to do everything at once. at the time that he has enough money he can do whatever he pleases it terms of content(the more niche options), there are developers that rarely update their game and still have a huge amount of financial backing because they completed one or two games already. I've already PM'd him on patron about this but I think he doesn't agree with my point of view(maybe you guys could tell me why I'm wrong)

Last edited:

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
The "heavy" backer who jumped was the one who has dedicated all those tasty ntr stuff with Alexia, he had nothing to do with the effiminated look and sissy behaviour of Rowan. That is a totally other issue. And I think that this backer has jumped off board has nothing to do with our complains about Rowans character and the goodwill of LordArioch to fix that.

But I am with you that he should bury this side project.
And I guess this is why a lot of people have chosen to quit pledging at the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
While I don't care at all about the side project, I also believe him that it doesn't impact SoC. Obviously he has to wait for art assets to be finished for instance, so in the meantime he works on that project. It's not as bad as the things Sierra Lee does for instance (imo at least).

Reactions: T51bwinterized

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
There are enough open issues with SoC. The RPG part is missing completely (means the attributes and items are useless), the descriptions and tooltips are missing, the development of Rowan is lacking. I just named a few of the things that he can work at instead of making a, from the first looks, 'shitty' animated side project.

Last edited:

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
There are enough open issues with SoC. The RPG part is missing completely (means the attributes and items are useless), the descriptions and tooltips are missing, the development of Rowan is lacking. I just named a few of the things that he can work at instead of making a, from the first looks, 'shitty' animated side project.
Attributes are not all that useless, they impact some of the world map events.

Reactions: T51bwinterized
Aug 26, 2016
I have no idea whether or not this side project will be shitty or not, but I do know that splitting time and effort in multiple directions rather then focusing on one project at a time is a mistake. I also know with a reasonable degree of certainty that most of the people who pledged money to the dev's patreon did not do so due to this side project.

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
@TheMagister: The attributes are more or less useless, as those events at the world map are more or less senseless at the moment as they give Rowan nothing for progress. So yes, they are useless at the moment. The whole concept is only rudimentary implemented and a whole lot of the features LordArioch has promised to work at (Journal, lexicon just to name a few) are still missing or seem to have forgotten by him at the worst. And as it now goes, I am really pondering to quite my pledge (and yes I am a 25$ patron), I just wait till the next update and if my fear is true, that without the 2x200$ patron, the effiminated shit goes on, and instead of making SoC better LordArioch will spending his time on a side project I will stick my 25$ someone in his ass who deserves it more. Period.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Straight from 4chan
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think they only talk about the game so much is that they actually believe it could be a good game if LordArioch made some adjustments, yes, I know some of their suggestions are quite absurd but there are a few good ones between the mountains of salt.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
@TheMagister: The attributes are more or less useless, as those events at the world map are more or less senseless at the moment as they give Rowan nothing for progress. So yes, they are useless at the moment. The whole concept is only rudimentary implemented and a whole lot of the features LordArioch has promised to work at (Journal, lexicon just to name a few) are still missing or seem to have forgotten by him at the worst. And as it now goes, I am really pondering to quite my pledge (and yes I am a 25$ patron), I just wait till the next update and if my fear is true, that without the 2x200$ patron, the effiminated shit goes on, and instead of making SoC better LordArioch will spending his time on a side project I will stick my 25$ someone in his ass who deserves it more. Period.
Parts of a demo game are useless, who knew? The events might have an impact later. Sure, it could (should?) be more, but for right now I think it's an okay showcase of what the future will hold.

While I think Rowan could use some more characterization, I also believe that the current aspects of the game are what they are. You can't fault him for catering to the desires of his Patreons (and ignoring all the "boohoo seeds of cuck but i will never give him money kek" guys). I think the above comment of "the first scene is her shoving her tongue down the demon's throat" is completely wrong. Andras initiates and this scene is after x amount of months where Andras has been treating Alexia well. And he is a demon with probably lust magic.

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
I am with you that the comment of 4chan is not legit. And I am not arguing about the NTR content. I love it. Not the effimantion of Rowan. But it is okay, if there would be a route, where he is not a loser. I do not complain at all that the game has gay content. I do not like it personally. But it is part of the game and part of its soul but LordArioch has utterly failed at his first core feature at the moment in my eyes.

You are the bad guy - Unlike most games with alignment systems that allow you to be good, evil, or morally neutral, in Seeds of Chaos you play the villain. Ethical decisions will focus on just how corrupt you character is becoming, and the consequences of that change.

The only bad guy is Andras or a gay Rowan but not the straight Rowan.

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah I kinda agree with you on the second part of the comment regarding Alexia but the first part about rowan not searching for ways to handle the twins since he is established as a cunning and capable commander and some sort of goblin demi-god is what bothers me the most about the direction of the game, I know he's planning to add it in sometime but when? he should start developing rowan's character before doing the other stuff I mentioned before in order to attract more backers. I have my own niche fetishes that the game has like futa-on-male but I think it's importent to go for more "vanilla" ones in order to fuel the game's development

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
I agree totally with you @Aradon.
And he should complete the whole game mechanic to a working degree, before implementing further scenes like the orciade and such stuff, or working on a side project. The farther the game evolves storywise the harder it will be to make the neccessary changes for the game mechanic.

Reactions: Zoranian

spartan2177

Aug 27, 2016
if you just want to see CGI then download UnRen.bat and extract them so you can see all of them. it help with scenes as well because you can trigger them forcefully
Tried that and it doesn't seem to work for me, threw it in both the game folder and the folder that has Python.exe and unbat said it couldn't find Python.exe and would auto close.

Ryel

May 5, 2017
I really like the concept of this game so I'm going to write a long review:

Rowan
  • For starters I would have preferred if I can name the main character to make it more my own. Unlike in The Witcher series where the world and MC is based on existing books and have an already established character (and fully voice acted games where custom name wouldn't work unless everyone calls Geralt as "Witcher" or "Of Rivia" ala Shepard method of Mass Effect) here a custom name would just add more attachment and not take away anything from world-building.
  • He looks way too young in my opinion but I'm afraid this is something that cannot be fixed due to the already produced artwork. Still, he is said to be someone who helped defeat evil SEVEN years ago. To accomplish that and become a useful member of the group that did it he must have had plenty of experience already. I cannot imagine him being younger than 30 the very least based on the story yet his art makes him look like he just hit 20.
  • Speaking of background it is often mentioned that he was part of the group because he is extremely cunning. That is his main forte as he is otherwise a pretty regular human. However during most of the game this is only mentioned, we are never really allowed to show this trait off. Shame.

D20
  • I initially liked that the game uses a D20 system but it quickly turned out to be pointless especially with the possibility of save-scumming around.
  • There are way too many Skills when most of them are hardly used. It is easy to spend points on something that looks useful at first but turns out to be never used in the game (at this point). I suggest grouping up some of the Skills. For example Climb/Jump/Swim could be one Skill "Athletics", Hide/Move Silently could be just "Sneak" etc.
  • Given Rowan's background it would make sense if we start with bonus points on social Skills like Bluff.
  • Once again given the background that says Rowan is an accomplished adventurer it would be nice if we started with some points to spend and not as level 1.
  • Unique encounters could offer the possibility of gaining stats and not just items or gold. For example in the mountains Rowan could come across a cave with some dead adventurers' loot. But the cave is about to collapse so Rowan has time to only grab one thing. It could be the pouch full of gems (worth a lot of gold), a unique weapon lying around or a diary that offers insight of the dead adventurer's life. Reading the diary could give a point to a Skill. (It could also add research points if given to Cliohna or point to some hidden loot on the map etc).
  • Story progression based on stats. I think the D20 system, the dice, should be taken out. With the above changes the stats would be more focused which means encounters and choices could have consequences based on Rowan's stats without the RNG. If Rowan succeeded or failed based on already existing stats character building would have way more importance and different playstyles would become a possibility. One player could focus on social Skills and pass such encounters with a breeze while progressing through the story in such a way, another one could go for the sneaky "Rogue"-like route etc. The good part of this system that it makes the game way more actual RPG-like, the bad part that it won't allow passing every scenario in a single play-through (something I don't mind as it gives a good opportunity to replay, but some might not like it).

Time Limit

• This is something I disliked. I failed the first time limit numerous times but not because it is hard. At the start of the game we are presented with a lot of options but most of them are useless for achieving the goal. I went on to explore the world and spend resources on seemingly useful things but then I just run out of time or failed to meet the quota. It is a bummer that we are presented with the option to free roam but punished for doing so.
  • However I understand the point of having a time limit, I just wish we had more time and more pointers about what should we focus on at the start.
  • The Throne Room's "Review Goal" option should also mention the actual goal with the remaining time and such instead of just "Current goal". It is kind of a core feature so it really should be more polished.

Consequences
  • This will be a short part. I just think Rowan's choices should have some more (immediate) effect on the story progression. For the most part this is present but when it is missing it really feels like the player has been lied to about the importance of choices. One major example is the attempted alliance with the Dark Elf. Regardless of player choice the alliance fails because Jezera is a spoiled bitch and kills the Dark Elf. Rowan going or not going has zero effect on the outcome.

NTR
  • Tricky part that divides the player base, it seems. I personally don't mind any fetish as long as I can avoid the ones I don't enjoy. NTR is such a fetish when I'm the player. I don't mind watching NTR but playing a beta-bitch is not my cup of tea. So I appreciate the option to turn this off but unfortunately it doesn't turn it off that much. It leaves inconsistencies within the game that breaks character progression. Alexia is originally presented as a loving wife who have been together with Rowan since their childhood. However six months apart and she is ready to become her captore's lover. Is she prone to Stockholm Syndrome?
  • The other problem is that NTR works both ways in this game. I feel like women jumping at Rowan is an influence of The Witcher. But there it was established that Geralt's actual relationship was open mainly caused by his and witches extremely long life span. They really went with the "my heart is yours but my body likes to fool around a bit" mentality and it was accepted by both sides. In this game however we are presented with a loyal couple who are actually married.
  • This leads to my last point of NTR. We are not rewarded for staying loyal. If Rowan fools around we are given very nice artwork to enjoy. But if he stays loyal we are given nothing as a player. We don't get a bunch of sex scenes with Alexia to make up for it. Currently in the game by trying to play the good guy as best as we can given the circumstances we are just missing a big part of the game. When NTR is turned off and Rowan is loyal, the majority of the game just goes missing.
  • Ultimately I would prefer if the game had a complex personality progression where NTR is not something we just turn off but a result of our choices and actions in the game. If Rowan neglects Alexia, fools around and enjoys his position as an agent of evil I would say it is logical that she starts doing the same, giving in to the twins influence and such. It would be especially nice if Rowan could directly influence Alexia in some choices, like after taking Helayna as a throphy to protect her. If Rowan was good to Alexia maybe she could be open to the idea of Helayna becoming their... partner, for her sake of course.

Vision
  • As a final point I think most of the problems come down to the lack of vision for the game. It cannot decide what it wants to be. Is it an RPG with adult elements or an adult game with RPG elements? Is NTR a core feature or just an extra fetish?

To really finish I want to say that despite all my complains and/or criticism I like this game. As I started: I really like the concept. I just think it is a bit squandered right now, but that is a subjective opinion of course. I have to separately point out that I really love the art. I think it is superb.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I initially liked that the game uses a D20 system but it quickly turned out to be pointless especially with the possibility of save-scumming around.
God, delete this part of your post. Everyone basically begged LA to be able to save anytime, because with the RNG of events getting to trigger them all (especially early on, when there were less weeks) was a nightmare. Savescumming should remain possible until the game is complete. Also, you can just...not do it for events that don't lead to anything right now.

Aug 26, 2016

"Hello all,
With last month now firmly behind us, hopefully it is on to better things. The release is well on its way to being finished now, all the writing will be done by the end of the week, and then it is just a case of coding it over the next two weeks to be ready in time for the Christmas weekend.

We're going to be changing a few things in the new year to see if it helps. The first will be an overhaul to the Patreon front page, as it has been the same for nearly two years now, and could do with a fresh coat of paint.

Also, while we are still a ways off the goal, I'm going to be hiring Yron to do a small amount of work in the meantime. He's a fan of Kassandra's, so he will be working on the upcoming fae content, and I've also asked him to focus on finding ways to add dominant content, for those who have been requesting it. There'll be a small amount of his work in the next release, with more to come in the future.

Art wise, Erick is putting the finishing touches to another gorgeous background as you can see above, this time for plains events. Keidi is working on the sprite for the first staff member, a female high elf, which I'm hoping will be ready in time for the release, but if not, will be in the next. MDN is currently working on the first of this month's CGs, which hopefully I'll be able to share with the backers soon.

That's all for today, more to come after we get the release out of the door.

Hello all,
With last month now firmly behind us, hopefully it is on to better things. The release is well on its way to being finished now, all the writing will be done by the end of the week, and then it is just a case of coding it over the next two weeks to be ready in time for the Christmas weekend.

We're going to be changing a few things in the new year to see if it helps. The first will be an overhaul to the Patreon front page, as it has been the same for nearly two years now, and could do with a fresh coat of paint.

Also, while we are still a ways off the goal, I'm going to be hiring Yron to do a small amount of work in the meantime. He's a fan of Kassandra's, so he will be working on the upcoming fae content, and I've also asked him to focus on finding ways to add dominant content, for those who have been requesting it. There'll be a small amount of his work in the next release, with more to come in the future.

Art wise, Erick is putting the finishing touches to another gorgeous background as you can see above, this time for plains events. Keidi is working on the sprite for the first staff member, a female high elf, which I'm hoping will be ready in time for the release, but if not, will be in the next. MDN is currently working on the first of this month's CGs, which hopefully I'll be able to share with the backers soon.

That's all for today, more to come after we get the release out of the door."

New update, for all those interested. Personally, I'm happy to hear about the first staff member being a female high elf.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes