rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Strange... Before all that i choose "Might Makes Right". And then...
I don't think this choice influence Rastadel ark in any way.
1) In this route before the ending, i sided with the poor instead of the knights
3 I did this and didn't appreciate anything different from i described in 1)... Except of course there is more sex :v
Well you basically did Patricia route twice so no wounder you have the same results.
Helping people in the Slums wont change you choice of who your main ally will be. its just a side option.
To see how things unfold differently you have to side with Werden.
werden neutral side.png
Killing Werden was main goal of twins. He is the mind of defending forces and the only person who can organize it.

My point was actually about how Winter presented the Good choice.
In movies, literature in media in general protagonist always rewarded for saving someone/for standing for his principals.
In reality its rarely so. The good choice is always the hardest this why people get so easily corrupted by power.

People who Rowan saved don't realize how thing could have been if Rowan wouldn't step in. And so they didn't appreciate his sacrifice much. Nor they praise him for doing what he is doing.
Very well written points.

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
Killing Werden was main goal of twins. He is the mind of defending forces and the only person who can organize it.

My point was actually about how Winter presented the Good choice.
In movies, literature in media in general protagonist always rewarded for saving someone/for standing for his principals.
In reality its rarely so. The good choice is always the hardest this why people get so easily corrupted by power.

People who Rowan saved don't realize how thing could have been if Rowan wouldn't step in. And so they didn't appreciate his sacrifice much. Nor they praise him for doing what he is doing.
Very well written points.
That Werden is a good choice, at least has of now, is highly debatable, what the his route mostly does is let the people responsible go to screw with the situation even more. It gives nothing but promises that in the future they will be a resistance and a kick in the balls for believing that there is a real good option. Werden is a man slowly dying and the priest lady is at most a powerful faith mage that played politics.
I probably will proven wrong, but in my opinion the good option is going with jacques, he at least does not need to be mind fucked to join and might actualy have the betterment of the people in mind, werden i would call the naive option, you go with it expecting to do greater good and end up bloody and with nothing to show for it other than knowing that sometimes the twins are ultra competent and others they are a wanna be spie mistress and a berserker

surielx

Nov 24, 2021
when I try to go to the Arena or Brothel on map……

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/main_loop.rpy", line 73, in script call
call rowans_chambers from _call_rowans_chambers
File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpy", line 81, in script
call screen castle_map
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 18, in execute
screen castle_tooltip(title, details):
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 19, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 25, in execute
has vbox:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 28, in execute
for j in details:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 29, in execute
text j
NameError: Name 'tech bonus' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/main_loop.rpy", line 73, in script call
call rowans_chambers from _call_rowans_chambers
File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpy", line 81, in script
call screen castle_map
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2010, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1998, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3132, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 19, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 25, in execute
has vbox:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 28, in execute
for j in details:
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 29, in execute
text j
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1551, in __init__
self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1670, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'tech bonus' is not defined.
Same here but you can still enter both places if you repeat to roll back or skip on same place.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
That Werden is a good choice, at least has of now, is highly debatable, what the his route mostly does is let the people responsible go to screw with the situation even more. It gives nothing but promises that in the future they will be a resistance and a kick in the balls for believing that there is a real good option. Werden is a man slowly dying and the priest lady is at most a powerful faith mage that played politics.
I probably will proven wrong, but in my opinion the good option is going with jacques, he at least does not need to be mind fucked to join and might actualy have the betterment of the people in mind, werden i would call the naive option, you go with it expecting to do greater good and end up bloody and with nothing to show for it other than knowing that sometimes the twins are ultra competent and others they are a wanna be spie mistress and a berserker
I agree with you here on all counts. Anyone who thinks the Werden path is going to be the "good" path is mistaken.

1) Jac pathing seems to leave the city in the best state during the sack and values the common citizen the most.

2) Patricia route is 100% for either Overlord / Slave pathing depending on who you mind-control patricia for.

~As a caveat to this piece- I see you Winter with your drawing thematic parallels here friend. The twins use a necklace to control rowan at the start of the game. In this route Rowan can use a necklace to control someone.

3)Werden route feels like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly.

There are two benefit.
~Juliet gets to escape
~A hefty portion of the cities wealth gets out

Meanwhile the bad side of the route:
~The city gets absolutely fucking roasted.
~A complete moron and Twins pawn is left in charge of managing the city. Duke Raeve.
~Delane gets transformed into some sort of weird hell doll and is on her way to get gang-raped. Presumably anyone who gets the option of the Werden pathing in the first place liked/loved Delane or at least didn't want her to have a bad fate.
~The twins are absolutely fucking pissed at rowan and will be paying extra attention to him

Neutral aspects:
~Werden is a cunt; but a very interesting character
~A bunch of allegedly powerful "good-guy" characters get away. But frankly- most of them are more grey-morality characters than actually being good. Additionally, said characters are part of the problem that led the city/realm to be in kinda a shiet way in the 1st place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
The idea of this choice
What kind of people we leave alive and be our potential ally.
Lets look closely what Jacqueis is.
He is merchant with good intentions or at least it's what he claim to be ... that's all.
The moment twins want to end him he is dead.
There is no army behind him, no military experience , nor real knowledge or experience in governing city state and no divine power behind him.
Yeh valuable ally indeed.

And we have on our hand demon invasion. With hints of rising chaos god behind the twins.
I would remind you that in Seed of chaos gods are not just ideological symbols they actual beings of power who actually shape reality.
If you are not siding with one of the gods or ignore them you basically lose.

So from practical perspective i would bet on grizzled military commander with organized knights behind him, divine representative of real Goddess of Order and Cravett as talented manager any day.
and not start Le Revolution with Jacqueis in the middle of demon invasion.
That's kind of suicidal.

~A bunch of allegedly powerful "good-guy" characters get away. But frankly- most of them are more grey-morality characters than actually being good.
I'm living on this earth for a few decades and yet to meet this "good" people the way idealist describe them.
All have dark side to them. the question is: is good in them outweighs bad?

I don't even comprehend how people cant see that organizing at least one fourth of people escape from burning city that will be in not so kind hands of Andras and his orcs IS the Good route in the options we have on table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
This is one of those situations where there isn’t a good choice, just a choice that will presumably help you reach a goal.

Choosing Patricia gives Rowan/the twins largely direct control over Rastedel and Rosaria.

Choosing Jacques spares the most people in the immediate aftermath.

Choosing Werden allows the people most capable of resisting the twins in the long term the chance to survive, regroup, and to directly alert the other nations with important details, as well as potentially reducing Rowan’s perceived culpability in the eyes of the people who will be fighting the twins in the next couple chapters. It also helps preserve the old order, which from a modern perspective likely isn’t worth preserving, though it’s a question of which is the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
The fact of the matter is that we can't really judge what the best course of action is until the result have fully played out.

Siding with Werden might be crucial in overthrowing the twins, or Werden's forces might be captured a couple week into Act 2.

A controlled Patricia might be crucial for undermining the twins and even allow a a low corruption Rowan to rule justly from the shadows. Or she might not be able to keep up the act and bring the twins' hammer down on Rowan for thinking he could betray them.

Jacques' slyness might help you set up an underground resistance group. Or he might sell you out to advance his own position.

Or any number of other outcomes, we just don't know. We can say what we think is the best result so far. But which ultimately gives the best out come is entirely up to the writers. In fact each route could even have it's own branches with both good and bad outcomes based on our future choices.

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
The fact of the matter is that we can't really judge what the best course of action is until the result have fully played out.

Siding with Werden might be crucial in overthrowing the twins, or Werden's forces might be captured a couple week into Act 2.

A controlled Patricia might be crucial for undermining the twins and even allow a a low corruption Rowan to rule justly from the shadows. Or she might not be able to keep up the act and bring the twins' hammer down on Rowan for thinking he could betray them.

Jacques' slyness might help you set up an underground resistance group. Or he might sell you out to advance his own position.

Or any number of other outcomes, we just don't know. We can say what we think is the best result so far. But which ultimately gives the best out come is entirely up to the writers. In fact each route could even have it's own branches with both good and bad outcomes based on our future choices.
imo Patricia seems to be the safest option you can't really trust the other two. They're probably going to do a Rowan sex scene with Jacques GF? Mistress? Concubine? (dunno what she is to him) In the future to piss him off anyway. Then you basically get consequences instantly if you chose Werden

Reactions: monk_56

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
imo Patricia seems to be the safest option you can't really trust the other two. They're probably going to do a Rowan sex scene with Jacques GF? Mistress? Concubine? (dunno what she is to him) In the future to piss him off anyway. Then you basically get consequences instantly if you chose Werden
More or less agree.

Only thing that is maybe inconsistent is Jaq and his lover basically implied that they are very sexually open. I don't think Jaq is going to be mad about any advances from our Protagonist on his gal- though he might want to be included.

I do wonder what happens to his Gal if you go a route that he dies in. She is a cutie in her QiPao dress.
Her vibes are all over the place though. Fancy Chinese dress- but she acts and talks like a 1950s Brooklyn Flapper.

ChaozEnigma

Jun 18, 2019
Heya just a quick question. I recently restarted playing seeds of chaos again. As my old saves do not work, i started a new one. I switched on ntr but i just cant get the andras x alexia first scene. After first week exploration in the past i can choose whether to sneak to alexia or not this time i definitely come to her room....not sure what i did wrongly

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Heya just a quick question. I recently restarted playing seeds of chaos again. As my old saves do not work, i started a new one. I switched on ntr but i just cant get the andras x alexia first scene. After first week exploration in the past i can choose whether to sneak to alexia or not this time i definitely come to her room....not sure what i did wrongly
The beginning has been getting reworked. One of the major changes has been to how Alexia and Andras potentially hook up in the intro. Whereas before Rowan made the choice of whether she should serve Andras sexually, in the current version Alexia is given more agency and chooses for herself if she is into Andras or not and triggers a sex scene in a slightly later point.

Reactions: gazlene
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes