ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But, once a month I am informed that Rowan is not corrupted and continues to save lives.
Game doesn't make a fuss about early stages of corruption, which is what you see here. That red aura can get much larger and that's when the game takes notice.

lolart

Jun 3, 2018
this game suffers from bloat and feature creep. the art and writing is good but it's bogged down in game mechanics that aren't engaging or meaningful in the slightest. this game would work just as well as a streamlined choice based visual novel, instead of a "rpg" thats 100% reliant on rng mechanics.

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
this game suffers from bloat and feature creep. the art and writing is good but it's bogged down in game mechanics that aren't engaging or meaningful in the slightest. this game would work just as well as a streamlined choice based visual novel, instead of a "rpg" thats 100% reliant on rng mechanics.
I believe devs may be operating under a sunk cost fallacy when it comes to culling the features that are too ambitious or don't fit the scope of the game. The more work put in to fit it all in, the harder it is to jettison the features. For example, do we really need a goblin recruitment arc?

Disclaimer: I think the game is great. This is just criticism from someone with no development experience.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: monk_56

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Has that dev list, showing the things being worked on, with what's already been finished all crossed out, been updated? I haven't checked the Patreon, but I am curious.

Fleep

Jul 16, 2018
I believe devs may be operating under a sunk cost fallacy when it comes to culling the features that are too ambitious or don't fit the scope of the game. The more work put in to fit it all in, the harder it is to jettison the features. For example, do we really need a goblin recruitment arc?

Disclaimer: I think the game is great. This is just criticism from someone with no development experience.
No we didn't need the goblin recruitment arc. I personally would've liked it more if that time was invested into finishing up the character's arcs. As much as I love the game (and I really love it), I agree with you 100%

Reactions: Fyo and rivon

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
The goblin arc had been planned since forever, I still like this game for the premise of having the whole "preparing the world conquest" stuff and you need gameplay content dedicated to that. Will be dissapointed if too much of the game becomes "and now for this week's episode of Bloodmeen's soap opera".

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
There were real and serious talks about cutting the goblin arc. The story is designed to require it. What's more, it's important that players who aren't into the more hardcore content of Orciad have something that fits their tastes a bit better. However, we did consider cutting it for scope.

What happened is...we found a story we wanted to tell. The team sat down, threw out ideas, with an understanding that if we didn't find something good that we'd just cut the storyline. But, magic happened and the story that came out of it is something we're genuinely excited to write. When it comes right down to it, we think that if we make content that's good enough, that people will play it and enjoy it. There's the ever-present drive too just finish up Act 1, but it's important to ensure that doesn't make us miss good stories.

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
There were real and serious talks about cutting the goblin arc. The story is designed to require it. What's more, it's important that players who aren't into the more hardcore content of Orciad have something that fits their tastes a bit better. However, we did consider cutting it for scope.

What happened as...we found a story we wanted to tell. The team sat down, threw out ideas, with an understanding that if we didn't find something good that we'd just cut the storyline. But, magic happened and the story that came out of it is something we're genuinely excited to write. When it comes right down to it, we think that if we make content that's good enough, that people will play it and enjoy it. There's the ever-present drive too just finish up Act 1, but it's important to ensure that doesn't make us miss good stories.
Don't burn much stories for Arc I knowing there are other two next waiting to continue, expand, close or present new stories alongside the development of Main Story until the inevitable end by the choices taken. Focus on the characters that need development and adjustments according to their role, purpose and place in the world.

rivon

Jun 14, 2018

What happened is...we found a story we wanted to tell. The team sat down, threw out ideas, with an understanding that if we didn't find something good that we'd just cut the storyline. But, magic happened and the story that came out of it is something we're genuinely excited to write. When it comes right down to it, we think that if we make content that's good enough, that people will play it and enjoy it. There's the ever-present drive too just finish up Act 1, but it's important to ensure that doesn't make us miss good stories.
I think majority of people who wants story to move forward .
Just wanted to know how many updates it will take to wrap goblin and fay story lines and continue with the main story.
There should be some clear road map.
"Okay we want to tell this goblins story, it will take us 3 updates or half a year and then we going back to advancing plot"
Smth like that.
After 2 years without plot moving forward it is understandable that some people starting to get impatient.
And i agree with previous statement that this does starting to feel little bit soapy.

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
For example, do we really need a goblin recruitment arc?
In the beginning, I was also not sure about the need for another recruitment arc. But the goblin arc turned out to be very engaging plot-wise. The characters are much more interesting and better written than in the orc camp. Currently I'm really looking forward to more of the goblin content.

Reactions: Fyo
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes