manscout

Jun 13, 2018
From my understanding that the Werden choice gives humans a better chance to fight back as Werden saves the Arbitron.
Aye, but both of them are kind of assholes and doing Werden's route forces the most brutal version of the sack possible. You can theorize reasons why it might be worthwhile doing Werden's route in the long term (as I have in some old comments: 1, 2 and 3), but currently there is no payoff and Werden's is the route that ends act 1 on a even more bleak note than the alternatives.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56

gamnstuf

May 10, 2020
Still getting this error, tried to delete saves and got rid of mod and error still appeared. Happens when i hover over arena nothing else does it, i can rollback but it keeps doing it.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 18, in execute
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 19, in execute
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 25, in execute
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 28, in execute
File "game/screens/castle_map.rpy", line 29, in execute
IndexError: tuple index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 73, in script call
�B����<��'=��<8���7�sa�t�L��a-Bz,��'R�0엍T��5�J8�c* �(cY�D�ԸBN]CN����]�o��ْR�%e�LF�Y�f�����n^S��L�ƜTȘ�d�xe̤<c*ؘJ�1�/���;Y�*�w�Vz'x=nrG%&� ���uM��ג�)(x]C�x��g1��^Lcѵ�5/�c�������u�ܔ�R@�>�5L��V��d��
File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpyc", line 81, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1669, in _scope
return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 603, in get_value

gamnstuf

May 10, 2020
Still getting this error, tried to delete saves and got rid of mod and error still appeared. Happens when i hover over arena nothing else does it, i can rollback but it keeps doing it.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/main_loop.rpyc", line 73, in script call
�B����<��'=��<8���7�sa�t�L��a-Bz,��'R�0엍T��5�J8�c* �(cY�D�ԸBN]CN����]�o��ْR�%e�LF�Y�f�����n^S��L�ƜTȘ�d�xe̤<c*ؘJ�1�/���;Y�*�w�Vz'x=nrG%&� ���uM��ג�)(x]C�x��g1��^Lcѵ�5/�c�������u�ܔ�R@�>�5L��V��d��
File "game/locations/rowans_chambers.rpyc", line 81, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1669, in _scope
return self.set_text(self.text_parameter, scope, self.substitute, update)
File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 603, in get_value
For anyone else having issues entering places with this error you can avoid it by using the tab on the left side and clicking on the location you want

Reactions: Balicanbreeze

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Aye, but both of them are kind of assholes and doing Werden's route forces the most brutal version of the sack possible. You can theorize reasons why it might be worthwhile doing Werden's route in the long term (as I have in some old comments: 1, 2 and 3), but currently there is no payoff and Werden's is the route that ends act 1 on a even more bleak note than the alternatives.
Theorize that Werden's Route can be worthwhile in the long term for Act II (or even Act III) is like theorizing this saga will gonna have a possibility to get a Truly Disney's like Good Ending Happily Ever After... For the beginning we must think in how capable Werden truly can be, when Rowan meet him after several years, if you as player piss off about him you can make him remember how he was unable to defend his Castle, but Rowan The Peasant did... And he couldn't deny it, he just make remember Rowan his place lol. It's not a matter of how much Werden is obsessed with "order", but how good he can manage, and mostly he could just get out the nobility by spending resources of Rastedel's City, if he wanted, he could order the evacuation of the nobility and the families of merchants that owns a company at once by their own means while planning the evacuation of the rest of the commoners with the help of each Guild's Leaders to group them as possible and spend the resources to take them out of the city... Just think that in a Medieval Age a peasant is more valuable than any servant well educated, because the main economy was supported by the workforce of the commoners in the fields... This is something that bugs me in the game's mechanic, i can conquer a town, even Raeve Keep but, i never get a respond for that, there's not towns retaken by Rastedel's Forces, nothing at all... It happened a year after Werden and Rowan's meet and no one notice the lack of tribute from the rest of the Towns?, there isn't peasant that could survive the travel to warning Rastedel?... The more i think of this flaws...

Reactions: manscout

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
I haven’t played this in a really long time. Does Alexia fuck any orcs yet? How do I trigger the auction scene Ive seen a CG of?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
and mostly he could just get out the nobility by spending resources of Rastedel's City, if he wanted, he could order the evacuation of the nobility and the families of merchants that owns a company at once by their own means while planning the evacuation of the rest of the commoners with the help of each Guild's Leaders to group them as possible and spend the resources to take them out of the city...
The evacuation wasn't a matter of money, it was simply a matter of time, manpower and unfavorable conditions. The city was in a riot after the baron's death and the tensions between the coppers and the purples had exploded, Werden used the troops under his command to secure an evacuation route (keep it clear from the city's fighting), and he barely had half-a-day's notice to get it done. He could have demanded the nobles and merchants throw all their wealth into helping and it would have changed very little, worse even it could have made them antagonize him and get in the way of the evacuation.

Yeah it is kinda shitty he prioritized getting the decadent nobility and the military out of the city rather than any other group, but being fair that's the group he had most contact with and influence over in a situation where no mistakes could be afforded and very little time to act. Also in a more callous fashion, since the main limitation of Werden's stand against the twins will be territory (he will be holding out in defendable mountain lands), nobles with contacts and means of getting support from other kingdoms may be more valuable than a peasant workforce that would not have much of a workspace.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes