sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
idk i was only given a option to turn off ntr at the start of the game.. sometimes i dont read the dialogues and just skip them and choose the wrong answer then the mc gets the D
It's not possible to "turn off" all gay scenes (like in the NTR case). Menu choices is the only option to avoid them. You have to pay attention at least when you see Rowan together with Andras, Draith or Skordred (list is not exhaustive). :p

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
The variations will throw a wench in it and overcomplicate the writing. You can have pure Rowan corrupt Alexia, reverse, both pure, both corrupt. Rowan can be a sub/dom to one or many woman almost regardless of his agency. Apparantly its planned that you can get rid of one of the twins by favoring the other ones etc. The different allies also overcomplicate it. What if Rowan submits to Clinoah and Tue-San, who gets him?

Thats the issue if the plot isn't written streamlined, but instead spread out in countless mini arcs that all have their own ending.

My prediction would be to sort the outcomes and the more Rowan leads towards one disposition, the more likely it branches out to an ending.

DispositionOrc-CampGoblin-TownRastedelHelayna
Pure, sabotaging twinsRescue DelaneChelinWernerEscape
JezeraTarishTue-SanPatriciaEnslavement
AndrasBartriZii-ZiiJacquesWarrior
MGTOWUlcroTue-RowNone?Lover
really? you think jezera and tue-san would work for a route? jezera sees nobody an equal and would see tue-san as a stubborn obstacle. while tue-san hates jezera and everything she means for her people and especially tue-row. tue-san is definitely an option to work against the twins. i'd say that tue-san and chelin swap places in your list.
idk i was only given a option to turn off ntr at the start of the game.. sometimes i dont read the dialogues and just skip them and choose the wrong answer then the mc gets the D
is that the reason why people have problems with optionable ntr when not having a variable to turn it off? they complain that they skip through the dialouge and then wonder why certain choices lead to ntr?
i'm sorry pal, but that's solely on you, that you get gay content.

on a more serious note: i think the game needs a ntr variable, because ntr can also happen off-screen. this way the devs can guarantee that no ntr will happen off-screen and at the same time disable any ntr content that you might encounter. i don't think the variable is there to shield people, who skip through the game, from any ntr content.
if somehow the game would suggest that gay stuff happens off-screen, without your direct control (like choosing one option and then one hour later it leads to gay content), then a variable for gay content would be a viable concern.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
on a more serious note: i think the game needs a ntr variable, because ntr can also happen off-screen. this way the devs can guarantee that no ntr will happen off-screen and at the same time disable any ntr content that you might encounter. i don't think the variable is there to shield people, who skip through the game, from any ntr content.
if somehow the game would suggest that gay stuff happens off-screen, without your direct control (like choosing one option and then one hour later it leads to gay content), then a variable for gay content would be a viable concern.
I would be curious to hear in which instances you feel that NTR is happening off screen. I've heard this sentiment a few times before but try as I might I can't think of a point where I believed there would be off screen NTR happening that isn't already fairly far down one of the explicitly onscreen NTR paths. From what I can tell, by the time you reach a point to say that Alexa is definitely boning this person off screen you would have had to indicate that you were okay with NTR happening in your play through at least a couple of times already.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
1694194034950.png

Also for crying out loud, you literally can turn NTR off, and there is never a hint any NTR happens offscreen, because it does not.

I know there's an instance of it being talked about in the Rude Workers event, and in case this wasn't made abundantly clear, these two are shitheads who make up for shit and giggles because that's what happens in real life. It's the same with the Maid Gossip event - it doesn't matter if Rowan is fucking Cla-Min or Shaya, the maids still assume he does, because the're vindictive basic bitches.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
there is never a hint any NTR happens offscreen, because it does not.
There are cases in which I can understand if people are assuming that Alexia is hooking up off screen.

For example it is hard to believe that she and Greyhide are not occasionally fucking off screen if Rowan gives them permission to do just that at the end of that arc.
Or far down either of the twin's NTR paths once they have her totally wrapped around their fingers they might call her for a visit now an again but it isn't anything remarkible enough to put on screen.
Or I wouldn't be surprised if she continues going down to the breeding pits for the occasional "swim" after the end of the fishboy's path.

These are the cases in which I personally was assuming it was happening. But the key is that in each of these cases you have to explicitly allow it to reach that point.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

hentaifun121

Jan 2, 2023
View attachment 2914634

Also for crying out loud, you literally can turn NTR off, and there is never a hint any NTR happens offscreen, because it does not.

I know there's an instance of it being talked about in the Rude Workers event, and in case this wasn't made abundantly clear, these two are shitheads who make up for shit and giggles because that's what happens in real life. It's the same with the Maid Gossip event - it doesn't matter if Rowan is fucking Cla-Min or Shaya, the maids still assume he does, because the're vindictive basic bitches.
What are you talking about im not complaining about ntr i personally have ntr on, im talking about how the dev should include an option to opt out from gay scenes like how they made an option for ntr.

Last edited:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Hello I just started the game and iam wondering is pure run possible without submitting to the twins sexually in long term
Yes, though Rowan and Alexia are constantly harrassed by everything and denying everyone can have consequences and minor drawbacks.

hentaifun121

Jan 2, 2023
really? you think jezera and tue-san would work for a route? jezera sees nobody an equal and would see tue-san as a stubborn obstacle. while tue-san hates jezera and everything she means for her people and especially tue-row. tue-san is definitely an option to work against the twins. i'd say that tue-san and chelin swap places in your list.

is that the reason why people have problems with optionable ntr when not having a variable to turn it off? they complain that they skip through the dialouge and then wonder why certain choices lead to ntr?
i'm sorry pal, but that's solely on you, that you get gay content.

I mean sure its my fault for not reading the whole dialogue which consists of idk like 50 sentences.. i was just asking if they could just add an option just like they did for ntr

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Hello I just started the game and iam wondering is pure run possible without submitting to the twins sexually in long term
Yes but if you a talking about a totally loyal run, though there are a decent number of Rowan/Alexia sex scenes, there might not be enough to fully satisfy you. If, on the other hand, you just mean cutting out the twins (and maybe other entities that seem particularly dangerous) for one or both partners then there is plenty to go around.

While some characters may threaten consequences for refusal, said consequences are minor to nonexistent. Regardless of what a character may say, turning them down is always an option. Turns out demons are actually pretty big on consent, who would have guessed?

Reactions: Jack O Man

perles75

May 16, 2020
well well well, look who's getting the consequences of his own actions... (and blames them on the game)

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
It's even possible to turn adult = False (in rowan_intro.rpy and script_training.rpy). And avoid any NSFW content... not.

No joke at all - such variable really exists. It just doesn't do anything.

• Haha
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

hentaifun121

Jan 2, 2023
well well well, look who's getting the consequences of his own actions... (and blames them on the game)
look I'm not blaming anyone, i was just literally asking if we could have an option to turn off gay scenes smh... why are you guys getting so worked up?

centuryspice

Apr 9, 2019
The variations will throw a wench in it and overcomplicate the writing. You can have pure Rowan corrupt Alexia, reverse, both pure, both corrupt. Rowan can be a sub/dom to one or many woman almost regardless of his agency. Apparantly its planned that you can get rid of one of the twins by favoring the other ones etc. The different allies also overcomplicate it. What if Rowan submits to Clinoah and Tue-San, who gets him?

Thats the issue if the plot isn't written streamlined, but instead spread out in countless mini arcs that all have their own ending.

My prediction would be to sort the outcomes and the more Rowan leads towards one disposition, the more likely it branches out to an ending.

DispositionOrc-CampGoblin-TownRastedelHelayna
Pure, sabotaging twinsRescue DelaneChelinWernerEscape
JezeraTarishTue-SanPatriciaEnslavement
AndrasBartriZii-ZiiJacquesWarrior
MGTOWUlcroTue-RowNone?Lover
There's already a 4th option for Rastedel, which is mind controlling Patricia to serve you instead of the twins.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Personality wise she is like Tarish and Patricia, but the dialogue implies she doesn't want to work with Jezera. I also don't know what Chelins agency even is. Would be more helpful if we already have the Goblin Town endings so we know what happens if Chelin or Tue-San marry/acclaim power.

There's already a 4th option for Rastedel, which is mind controlling Patricia to serve you instead of the twins.
Neat. I updated the list.

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
I would be curious to hear in which instances you feel that NTR is happening off screen. I've heard this sentiment a few times before but try as I might I can't think of a point where I believed there would be off screen NTR happening that isn't already fairly far down one of the explicitly onscreen NTR paths. From what I can tell, by the time you reach a point to say that Alexa is definitely boning this person off screen you would have had to indicate that you were okay with NTR happening in your play through at least a couple of times already.
no, i said that it can happen that games do this. you're right SoC doesn't, but other games do. for lots of people ntr is a huge issue, which is exactly why we have this discussion in the first place. so even implied off-screen ntr can be problematic for some. i think those people generally have a problem with the whole existence of andras in general. and that's why even though you can easily avoid ntr in the game (but not if you skip through the game), i can understand why having a ntr variable is a sensible idea. because for me personally, i wouldn't even want that. i'd want it to be my fault for ever happening, but i get that other people don't.
What are you talking about im not complaining about ntr i personally have ntr on, im talking about how the dev should include an option to opt out from gay scenes like how they made an option for ntr.
"the dev" you just replied to a dev (Rein)
I mean sure its my fault for not reading the whole dialogue which consists of idk like 50 sentences.. i was just asking if they could just add an option just like they did for ntr
sure other games have options to turn off other things as well, like trans or watersports, etc. but as i said before and in this comment as well, i think there is a very good reason to have a ntr variable. not so much for other fetishes, especially since it involves work on the devs part for something people like me not use anyway. i just find it kind of silly to ask the devs to do something, on a pirate site, for someone who even skips through the dialogue.
but hey, doesn't hurt to ask, i guess.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
If you are too sensitive for potential/implied NTR, this game isn't for you. Rowan and Alexia are blackmailed and prisoners in a depraved castle of sexhungry warmongers, almost every person there has a sexual interest in them. Even the occasional vanilla and comfort options to fuck "nice" people are questionable.
And even then, you can deny them all even if it rarely ends messy and there still a dozen vanilla wholesome Rowan/Alexia scenes throughout the whole game to please the no NTR fans (though they miss out 99% of the games content).

hentaifun121

Jan 2, 2023
no, i said that it can happen that games do this. you're right SoC doesn't, but other games do. for lots of people ntr is a huge issue, which is exactly why we have this discussion in the first place. so even implied off-screen ntr can be problematic for some. i think those people generally have a problem with the whole existence of andras in general. and that's why even though you can easily avoid ntr in the game (but not if you skip through the game), i can understand why having a ntr variable is a sensible idea. because for me personally, i wouldn't even want that. i'd want it to be my fault for ever happening, but i get that other people don't.
"the dev" you just replied to a dev (Rein)

sure other games have options to turn off other things as well, like trans or watersports, etc. but as i said before and in this comment as well, i think there is a very good reason to have a ntr variable. not so much for other fetishes, especially since it involves work on the devs part for something people like me not use anyway. i just find it kind of silly to ask the devs to do something, on a pirate site, for someone who even skips through the dialogue.
but hey, doesn't hurt to ask, i guess.
So you're saying that its good that NTR should have a turn off feature and others not really? Why? cause for me personally its more disturbing to see gay scenes than ntr scenes because its just a cheating relationship in game and most of them are straight relationships. Also, I just wanted to suggest that there should be a button to turn off Gay scenes. I never complained or force the devs to add one.. it was merely a QOL change that they could implement (if they wanted to) in the completed game. Yeah sure i skip dialogues but only a few specifically the ones you find while exploring the map.. sure they have stories in them but most of them are not even related to the main plot.

Reactions: mehGusta
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes