HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
I never wanted to be part of that kind of neighborhood...

Your commend has once again maid me realize that sex is overshadowing the story. Like from this commend alone I see a dozen different ways for character growth and development (which are sadly lacking in the story), and from the "neighborhood" I am assuming that our conversations has happened a 100 different times and was going on for months if not years.

Therefore I have decided to kill of most of my like/ investment into the game, slowly decoupling myself from it. (going to wait a few years to see if some good story telling will come back or if it will be just some more pointless sex events and plot holes galore story)

Thank you for allowing me to come out of the "I can change him phase" into acceptance. What be will be.

I shall slowly return to the shadows searching, and waiting for a game that can brighten them.

FAREWELL AND BODE THE WELL MY FRIEND!!! MAY WE MEET IN BETTER TIMES!
This kind of games aren't for many, but yeah, there have been discussions about how much Venus Noire Team tried to offer more kinks in hopes to get most attention possible from many audience as possible, they recognize that and they are suffering the consequences as most of the planning originally plot still is a WIP because they pleased before the demand of sex from any all tendencies accepted by Patreon, they delayed a lot of things and now they had to rewrite some past events to fit better with all the things they had released for the game, well, still ppl is demanding the next act, we will see the development of that.

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
I never wanted to be part of that kind of neighborhood...

Your commend has once again maid me realize that sex is overshadowing the story. Like from this commend alone I see a dozen different ways for character growth and development (which are sadly lacking in the story), and from the "neighborhood" I am assuming that our conversations has happened a 100 different times and was going on for months if not years.

Therefore I have decided to kill of most of my like/ investment into the game, slowly decoupling myself from it. (going to wait a few years to see if some good story telling will come back or if it will be just some more pointless sex events and plot holes galore story)

Thank you for allowing me to come out of the "I can change him phase" into acceptance. What be will be.

I shall slowly return to the shadows searching, and waiting for a game that can brighten them.

FAREWELL AND BODE THE WELL MY FRIEND!!! MAY WE MEET IN BETTER TIMES!
I So agree with you , this game has BAD writing all along.
Only way to enjoy this game is by either being a masochist or liking NTR and clowning on the MC.
There's nothing much to do if you choose to keep you wife Good & there is no way you can do anything satisfying or good for the world, not even small things.
The Mc and story is completely written as to make him have zero power , even in the smallest of acts and choices.
Even when you choose to be with your wife there's always a hint that both of you are lying to each other and there is a great tension between the two , which would have been fine if there was a way to confront it and fight through to improve your realtionship with your wife but NO , you both lie to one another .

You wife is written to be a whore and you are written to be a Man-whore.

Actually , i just understood why i really wanted to like this game but couldn't.
The Mc/Rowan is made to be a Man-Whore with no redemption possible even in the minutest of acts .
And his wife, his only support and reason for fighting is written to be a complete Whore even if you choose otherwise, the dialouges always insinuates that she is just ONE push away from whoring herself out.

The biggest problem with this game is that even though you are the Protagonist , but you have no power , no initiative , you are just a spectator seeing what the Devs have written for you and there are VERY specific type of people who can like it.
There are no choices for Alexis and Rowan to be likebale, strong and Redeemable characters. They are PASSIVE in story , PASSIVE.

And a story with a PASSIVE protagonist is a boring and not engaging one.

Overall great art , but TARSH writing. ( Sorry for harsh words)

And i 100% agree with you , any investment in this game is going to be wasted if one doesn't like this game .
It's just not for many, certainly not for us.

Last edited:

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Overlord the light novel is in my all time top 10 novels I read. That's for the good guy stories.

And my mayor problem with this game is, (wait for it!) IS THAT WE ARE NOT EVIL!!! Like we are a slave, a good man doing bad against his will (at worst) a guy preparing to stop evil (at best). Is that evil for you? Well to me its not. This game has a lot of potential for Rowan to actually become evil not to struggle under morons and calling it evil. Like I had an entire rant about me wanting an evil Rowan to actually take charge a few pages ago. The older writing shows a lot of signs of it being possible, with the lesson of the story being you either die a hero or live as a villain. (now its sex this sex that )

For me Evil is either complete chaos or abandoning everything for your goal (even yourself).
Exactly , even if we let go of our morality and WANT Rowan to become EVIL , be it for any reason , be it self preservation or saving his wife or to just not care about morality and become a bad person .
Even then we cannot have initiative and power, instead we are forced to be a self lying person pretending to be good while doing evil.
We just don't have any power .
You are put into a slave and cuck's shoes with Weak Will and there is nothing you can do throughout the game to change it.

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Oh I forgot Alexia was the protagonist and Rowan was just there . . .

If you want to keep them both pure, you can. Then they just go out and have picnics and gentle sex.
Picnic and gentle sex , passionate sex with the wife is much better than whatever the duking else that's going on in that game.:)

Sep 11, 2022
Rowan sendo passivo e fraco faz sentido porque ele É FRACO, ele tem que pensar e agir com cuidado em todos os seus passos porque sabe que os gêmeos podem matá-lo facilmente e devemos lembrar que este é o ato 1 de 3 se seguirmos a ordem (introdução, desenvolvimento e conclusão) nos atos 2 e 3 Rowan provavelmente ganhará mais poder (seja na forma física, armas mágicas ou aliados) este ato apresenta o Rowan fraco para que possamos entender melhor sua evolução futura.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Wow this thread is a shitshow. Very entertaining. I'm proud of the devs that manage to remain active on f95, as it's probably one of the worst forums you could hope to be on, if interacting with your fanbase is the goal. F95 users get clowned on a lot, and i'm finally starting to see why.
Point to another active VN community and I'll happily migrate.

That's right, I'd gladly cuck all of you. I have no loyalty to you people, just get me a bigger dick to ride on.

OUndrAnt

May 18, 2021
Point to another active VN community and I'll happily migrate.

That's right, I'd gladly cuck all of you. I have no loyalty to you people, just get me a bigger dick to ride on.
Yeah, yeah, right... now get back to work and give me more goblin girls to increase my goblin harem.

• Haha
Reactions: Crusado

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
I was sort of working on a week by week breakdown of how I try to optimize the first few weeks of exploration so I'd remember for future playthroughs, though I trailed off on that and it's been a while since I've actually restarted the game, so I haven't gotten back to it yet. Here's a loose breakdown that assumes you're okay with savescumming.

As of version 0.3.0, the game has received major updates to its gameplay systems. This guide was written before that, so please be mindful that some information may be out of date.

Disclaimer: I'm mostly working off memory and briefly poking around some of my save files here, so there are probably some mistakes. Anyone reading this, please feel free to inform me if you find any, or have any alternate ideas on some of the opinions I've presented here. Thanks! Also sorry this got quite a bit wordier than I intended.

Things to do while exploring
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Things to do in the castle
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Courtesy of Stes, now with Map! See this post for a map key.

That sort of depends on how you look at it. True, Andras's scenes with Alexia are shallower, but that reflects his interest in the affair—he's only really interested in her to sate his lust and to demonstrate his power over her and Rowan, it doesn't really go any deeper than that. Jezera's interest in Alexia is more complex, and so the scenes she has with her are more involved (which is what makes them, imo, more interesting).

That said, even with the recent Jezera update, Andras has more scenes with Alexia (though granted, not much in the way of penetrative sex). JezeraxAlexia has, I believe, 4 scenes, while AndrasxAlexia has 6, 7 if you include the tavern harassment scene. That doesn't seem like a huge difference, but it's 50% more scenes. 50% more updates devoted to the one pairing than the other, though I won't make any presumptions about how much time the scenes take to write.
Is there a guide for WHERE the villages are? I keep getting killed on week 3 for not getting enough villages!

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes