Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
And it shouldn't be important. You take into account what patreons want ofc but at the end of the day, you need for the project to move. I am sure this year when they had the Andras x Rowan arc in nearly every update, they probably lost so many subs but it had to be done because it is part of the roadmap.
I don't know, according to the public facing data their subs seems pretty steady. Well within the normal fluctuations.
1701792546685.png
When you make a game, you make the game you want, not what the patreons want. or else you will NEVER finish.
But you also can't finish the game if you alienate the people paying for it. Its a balancing act. All I am saying is that they have more information than we do and can make a more informed decision.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bmagada

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Ooof. That flat graph has gotta be frustrating for the developers. What with some of their writers being Americans and inflation going ape-shit over the last 3 years. Looks like the game plateaued financially.

1701797741356.png

Also yeah, Ophelia's plot was kinda boring and pointless. Pretty standard for for stuff on Alexia's side to be candid. It is usually just there for kink. When we met Ophelia I was like; Great a Prothean! We can learn so much cultural stuff from her and maybe have some non-cheating yuri.

Nope, I was wrong on both cases. Typical Alexia stuff with an extra veneer of slap-stick comedy. :sleep: Prose was good- but it was empty kink plot for a kink I didn't care for.

In fairness to the writer, it was literally the first thing they did for the project, so they couldn't really have been expected to start balls deep in the meta-plot. And writing Alexia as an annoying slut seems to be a company requirement, so I'm sure they had their hands tied in that regard too :KEK:.

Their second project was writing Andras stuff in the tavern.

Now they are working on Helenya.

Last edited:

perles75

May 16, 2020
Ooof. That flat graph has gotta be frustrating for the developers. What with some of their writers being Americans and inflation going ape-shit over the last 3 years. Looks like the game plateaued financially.

View attachment 3145738
I think that's for everyone and not just for them: inflation increased everywhere and I believe it's very rare that Patreons income raised equally (actually, could even be the opposite as people had to drop out due to the squeezing of the cost of living)

perles75

May 16, 2020
And it shouldn't be important but up to a point. You take into account what patreons want ofc but at the end of the day, you need for the project to move. I am sure this year when they had the Andras x Rowan arc in nearly every update, they probably lost so many subs but it had to be done because it is part of the roadmap.

When you make a game, you make the game you want, not what the patreons want. or else you will NEVER finish.
How are you so sure that Andras x Rowan made them lose subs? when they did the polls few months ago even they were surprised at the popularity of that content, if I remember correctly...

(also, "make the game you want" yes and no... this game was derailed almost irremediably because they rushed to the end of act I without consistent planning)

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
I think that's for everyone and not just for them: inflation increased everywhere and I believe it's very rare that Patreons income raised equally (actually, could even be the opposite as people had to drop out due to the squeezing of the cost of living)
I think the idea there is, they didn't really increase the sub cost to adjust for inflation.
Which means that taking a real money version of that graph would not exactly be informative of how popular it is BUT how effective the project is at keeping everyone paid definitely had declined.

Reactions: monk_56
Aug 18, 2023
Act 2 will see a lot of trimming of excess fat.
This won't be good for patron retention. :LOL: Should've thought about that before letting people pay to add a bunch of random shit to your visual novel. Good luck finishing acts 2 and 3 with a tenth of the "content" you had in act 1. Seeing how a lot of it was near gibberish over a blacked out screen anyway I reckon you're hoping nobody'll miss it.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
This won't be good for patron retention. :LOL: Should've thought about that before letting people pay to add a bunch of random shit to your visual novel. Good luck finishing acts 2 and 3 with a tenth of the "content" you had in act 1. Seeing how a lot of it was near gibberish over a blacked out screen anyway I reckon you're hoping nobody'll miss it.
Yeah, he might lose some % of subs over canning lowest-engaged content from Act II, but speeding up development will also net him a larger % increase as compensation.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
I hope to see Helaynna as captain for the troops of a corrupted Rowan and Alexia in the future. Have the game on Steam why the steam update takes longer to be updated ?

Reactions: Dunner

partypillager

Dec 3, 2021
You people seriously have to stop comparing us to AAA developers.

You can shittalk us by comparing us to Aura-dev. That guy's fucking amazing, mad respect for him.

But you know, let's play a game. Imagine you get your hands on SoC right now, and you get full control over development. What's your next move? What storylines get axed, and which are finished, as you move the plot to act 2?
You're doing a great job, dev. Just really holding out for AlexiaAndras content. For something that appeared so early on in the game, it kinda tapers off and we haven't had new content with them in a while. What is there is fucking amazing, but I know I probably speak for a sizeable portion of early fans when I say that a full NTR path with Alexia x Andras was explicitly promised from the get-go and it's a bit sad to see it in limbo.

Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
You're doing a great job, dev. Just really holding out for AlexiaAndras content. For something that appeared so early on in the game, it kinda tapers off and we haven't had new content with them in a while. What is there is fucking amazing, but I know I probably speak for a sizeable portion of early fans when I say that a full NTR path with Alexia x Andras was explicitly promised from the get-go and it's a bit sad to see it in limbo.
That's why I always come looking for changelogs. I want to know if that's finally getting progress yet. It never is, so I'm always disappointed when I see this game for the last forever.

vandal.h

Oct 15, 2023
I'm pretty sure the Alexia x Andras scenes will continue with Arc II. At the end of the current content she's pretty much his loyal pet already. I think some time back a dev in this thread talked about a "alexa_is_rowan_wife" and "alexia_isnot_rowans_wife" switch for the second part of the story.

Reactions: Seeker Of Truth
4.00 star(s) 162 Votes