maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Maybe It's just me, but I always tend to avoid the corruption/ntr stuff with Alexia because I see her as much more intelligence and resilient than the twins take into consideration. Like her husband, they underestimate her and see her as a easy target they can twist and make into another toy. But she isn't, she's loyal to her husband and while she can be frustrated with his actions because she's a thinking, feeling creature, she understands that he has to make tough decisions and is forced to do these things.
you are forgetting that roleplaying as good rowan isn't only way. rowan can be terrible to his wife and vice versa.
you are playing version of story you like but it isn't only story that can be told in game or even most realistic one.
don't forget real hero rowan died in prison or will die in Astarte battel.

also while twins aren't are as effective as rowan they can still achieves there main objectives even if rowan dose not help like recruiting orcs and i think you judge them to harshly.

especially jezara she is very good at making allies and in the end it's most necessary trait for ruler and can also delegate

main character name is rowan not Roland

Teshay

Aug 14, 2017
My personal favorite dynamic is a (relatively) innocent Rowan and a highly corrupted but still loyal Alexia. I like to imagine Rowan sticking to his principles and thinking he can get out of this situation without sacrificing anything. Meanwhile Alexia is taking the more pragmatic route and doing anything she needs to to keep them both save, morals be damned. I have both characters sleep around but with different criteria. Rowan sleep with (mostly) safe NPCs that either seem to be mostly on his side or seem like they can be won over. Alexia sleeps with NPCs that can potentially offer protection or some other benefit for herself or Rowan, even if they are not "safe."

It is worth mentioning though, that there is no way to see all the content of this game in a single playthrough. While there is generally more sexual content if you throw caution to the wind and fuck everyone you can, there are a number of scenes or scene variations that require the character to have low corruption to trigger them. Plus there in a certain amount of RNG to many scenes as well so they might not even show up on a given run.

Personally, I would say that if you really like the game it is worth playing through 2-4 times picking drastically different choices. You can fast forward through previously seen text so it doesn't take to long. Then just pick you favorite paths as your personal canon for the story.

Looks like you encountered a bug. For most of these error screens it is safe to press "Ignore" and continue on. But I would recommend PMing Rein (one of the game devs) and reporting the error. If you choose to report it, try to include as much detail as possible about what lead up to encountering the error.
My favorite dynamic (my view on the characters in my playthrough) is a Completely loyal and devoted Alexia with a loyal but corrupted Roland. Alexia isn't naive and knows that the twins are trying to break them apart. She understands that all the pain and frustration that she and roland feels is the twins fault. That they don't see them as anything other than toys and she won't give either the satisfaction of playing in their games. She isn't pure of heart or anything I used the console to give her corruption to show that she has become much more pragmatic and cold then she was before. She was kidnapped and a lot more kinky. She secretly is a cuckquean, but hides it better than Helayna. She gets off on the idea of roland fucking her in front of someone who is envious or her position or wants her. She isn't some innocent peasant girl who can be pushed around, while she does have a friendship with Grey and The Succbus matron, she is more than willing to sacrifice that for her husband. She tends to play into the dumb and harmless peasant girl act because that makes people let their guard down around her and they tend to reveal their true nature more often due to it. She is hateful towards the twins and bitter that she and roland can't just be together in peace. That they have to try to pervade their every moment together. Helayne was the start of her corruption, she had to bend to ensure she wouldn't break at the idea of her loving husband being forced to sleep with another woman to keep her safe. Her feelings towards Helayne are complex, she is sadden that she has been reduced to how she is but she also know her even since she was a teen and knew he had a crush on her husband. Perahps that's what made Alexia so brazen in showing off that Roland chose to be with a peasant like her than arrogant noble brat who thinks she could steal HER husband. Sometimes she wonders if Helayne is just putting on that horny act to keep roland from her, but Alex knows her grip on Roland is stronger than Helayne could ever contest.. She knows what Roland can do and trust her husband to accomplish his goals, but she won't just sit back and let him do all the work, that will surely overtake him. So he does jobs, plays dumb, learns, and apparently has magical potential. She'll keep her cards hidden and built her strength so she can support her love and make those uppity twins suffer for ruining their lives.

Roland is absolutely going through it. He is 100% corrupted, but not out of disloyalty to his wife but more so because he is willing to use/sell his body to benefit his goals of eventually turning the tables on the twins. I like to see his story something of tragedy like Oedipus. In his attempt to destroy the evil of the Twin's he going to become a worst and much more terrifying evil than them when he truly only wanted a simple life with his wife.

He knows he isn't the strongest hero and outwardly shows himself as humble in his achievements. Karn may have been beaten by his plans, but the guy was still pretty much unkillable and no amount of tactics could give him the ability to stop someone like him without the help of the other heroes. He does have a lot of pride of his accomplishments deep within, but he buried that because he was happy with his life with Alexia until the Twins. The war for the realms planted a seed of chaos(get it?) with roland's heart. He secretly enjoyed killing the demons and causing someone like Karn so much grief, it brought a sick pleasure to him because he viewed the demon lord similarly to the nobility of his kingdom. Self, pompous, assholes who step on the men and women whose labor is what keeps them in their position but something they refuse to acknowledge or care for. Leaving crumbs from their plate for them to barely survive. Roland deeply wanted to uproot them for their cruelty and disrespect towards his fellow commoner and dirt generals. But he realized that if he did that, the commoners would suffer the most. What would he even do or establish or the nobles were overthrown? He was a commoner at the end of the day, commoners were denied knowledge, he didn't know how he'd raise another, better kingdom. Not to mention how other realms would respond. Jumping from one war to another just to soothe his feelings of injustice didn't seem worth it when he made Alexia wait all this time for him. He only went to war to protect her and his village, he suffered all that just for her. He might have lost his way from time to time, but Alexia was his guiding light that kept him going. Without her, he would have most certainly died like all the others in the battle that started his legend. Roland is a devoted lover and if he could choose he'd love no-one but Alexia.

Roland is only playing the twin's game because they have his wife. As long as she isn't harmed, touched, or more he will play their game. But the second he even thinks they hurt his wife, the deal is off. He knows how incompetent the twins all and takes joy in knowing that even if he dies to them, they will soon follow due to their helplessness without them. He sees Jezera as a volatile brat who sees herself as more intelligent than she is, even though when push comes she relies on the very same brute strength and power she looks down upon as something only males rely on. Andras, Roland doesn't take him seriously.He's an upjump punk who is too used to street brawls and doesn't understand how to really fight or the point of skill and tactics. Roland had him on his knees when he threatened to fuck his wife and if he had more knowledge about the extent of Andras unnatural constitution, he would have dealt with him. But roland is always trying to think ahead there were too many variables to go through with it due to lack of knowledge of whether Jezera would be able to react in time, how the amulets worked, or the orcs and demons around him. He does see Jezera as more dangerous than Andras, so he does try to win her favor as long as it doesn't go to far or involve his wife, while he doesn't give a damn if Andras like him or not. He uses sex as a means to an end because of the people around him, he is always trying to learn about others and their motivations so he can use it in his favor. Most of the people he has sex with, he doesn't particularly care for. Some have his affection, but that's about it. He isn't like Jezera who is an amateur who relies on drugs and magic items to "liberate" people into getting what she wants. One of the reasons he is so well-liked by his allies is because he does treat them with respect and sees them as intelligent. Like Draith and Liurial, he plays into what they want from him while ensuring they grow more attach to him.

The two wench in his plans was Greyhide and Helayna, he honestly didn't expect himself to fall for the Minotaur or his student and felt this was a deeper twisted knife in the relationship between him and Alex. His other actions he could write off as being for the greater good. But he genuinely loved and cared about both of them. He couldn't stand himself after he Jezera forced him to fuck Helayna and drugged him with Greyhide. It was only through Alexia's words of love and comfort that he didn't off himself from all the guilt. Guilt that is constantly eating himself up every time someone bothers to remind him of his name. This made him outwardly cruel with his words, projecting his own bitterness and self-loathing outwardly. He won't kill orcs as greedily as Andras but he'll make them wish he did if they cross him. He understands his troops and while he does hate them with a passion, he uses their strengths effectively. Headcanon, they fear Roland more than Andras. Sure, Andras could punch their head off or rip them apart but Rowan, who has been fighting their kind for years knows how to systematically destroy and cripple them. Him killing you is a mercy.

I like the idea that he's constantly on the edge of a mental breakdown. Always pushing himself and his limits for his beloved, sacrificing everything and everyone for the hope of them somehow returning to a calm and peaceful life that will never be. Other people can see that madness barely hidden in his eyes. Alexia keeps that insanity reigned in. She's the metaphorical chain that both protects roland and others from himself. But she is slowly letting it fall from her soft hands, growing to further love her husband even as he is drenched in evil. She won't just support him, she'll love him regardless of what he becomes. What is true love after all, if not with a hint of obsession?

Teshay

Aug 14, 2017
I have my doubts it's the direction the devs have planned for Helayna, but I'd actually really enjoy the idea of her becoming a dark knight. If Rowan allows her to train again, her becoming a knight in the Twins army and a commander for the Orcs / Goblins. Following in Rowan's footsteps as an increasingly sadistic fiend I think would be a far more interesting story for her than just another sex slave.

Furthermore it's a nice reflection on how far Rowan has fallen under the twins as well. Watching and or encouraging his former disciple But even if Rowan has stayed mostly good, watching him fall to despair if Helayna embraces the corruption as a way to stave off the effects of her curse is still an interesting story.
Bro yes, I want her knighthood to reflect Roland's corruption. With her being more pure of heart and righteous if Roland is. Or her being a cruel and brutal warlord who will cut down anyone she even remotely sees as a threat to roland.

Versace217

Mar 21, 2019
I feel like you would be a great addition to the Venus Noire team cause damn you can write! I think Rein could definitely use your help in writing the story :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes