Jack O Man

Jan 26, 2018
I don't think it is that binary else you would always get the same results while you can rollback and forward till you pass certain checks.
Huh I could have swear that it was just a Jezera relationship check (called favor in the code) but maybe I'm misremembering

Raurosfalls

Dec 9, 2018
It would indeed require some form of divination to find that out. Maybe kill a goblin so we can read the entrails?
I'm a bit short on gobbos right now... I was hoping to somehow summon the entity known as the mighty Dev to answer me, but I knew it was a long shot.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I'm a bit short on gobbos right now... I was hoping to somehow summon the entity known as the mighty Dev to answer me, but I knew it was a long shot.
Honestly bro- I don' think the devs have a clue when a2 will release. They have been saying one more year since years ago and the goal post keeps moving.

I don't think it is intentionally malicious false advertising- rather just some combination of overconfidence / ignorance / optimism. Throw in some speed-bumps with the writing team (personnel roller-coaster / low production from a few of the writers / side fluff content to train new writers on) and if you're looking at what still needs written in game one, you are still looking at maybe another full year or two of releases before you get a whiff of act2.

Pay attention to the bulk of the next release. It will be the second release since the team got 3 new writers. Will prob showcase how development might go over the next bit.

Last edited:

Raurosfalls

Dec 9, 2018
Honestly bro- I don' think the devs have a clue when a2 will release. They have been saying one more year since years ago and the goal post keeps moving.

I don't think it is intentionally malicious false advertising- rather just some combination of overconfidence / ignorance / optimism. Throw in some speed-bumps with the writing team (personnel roller-coaster / low production from a few of the writers / side fluff content to train new writers on) and you're looking at what still needs written in game one you are still looking at maybe another full year or two of releases before you get a whiff of act2.

Pay attention to the bulk of the next release. It will be the second release since the team got 3 new writers. Will prob showcase how development might go over the next bit.
thanks!

Teshay

Aug 14, 2017
I think it is pretty questionable to say that in any of the ending the Orcs are loyal to Rowan over the twins. At best I would say they have a favorable view of Rowan in the other paths. Although I would entertain an argument that Tarish has already proven herself willing to use underhanded means to betray her bosses in the past, and might be convinced to do it again if she sees enough of a benefit to herself.

---

As an aside I regularly see arguments that Rowan should have made a smarter moves here or there because he is a "master tactician." But I feel like people are loading too much in to the word "tactician" and think he should be some sort of Machiavellian genius who should never make mistakes.

First of all tactics is a much narrower field than people think it is. For example a "tactician" is not a "strategist." Strategy is more big picture like, these are the tasks that need to be done to achieve our goal. Tactics is how to go about achieving those tasks. For example a strategist would say we need to take that hill to achieve victory. The tactician would say okay troops, this is how we take that hill. Or to use an example that is directly relevant to Rowan: a master strategist would be able to determine the steps that need to be taken to escape the twins, the master tactician would figure out how to achieve those steps.

And in fact, this is how the twins use him. They don't tell him "please make a plan for us to conquer the world." They say "figure out how to take over Reave keep." "Now figure out how to recruit that giant orc clan." "Now figure out how to repel this encroaching army." "Now figure out how to take over the City." They make the strategic plan and give him the tasks. Then he comes up with the tactics to achieve the task.

Also, being a master tactician does not make you and expert at social intrigue or maneuvering for power. In fact I would argue that he explicitly is not skilled at that. If he were, he would have actually been treated like a hero instead of cast aside after the war. In fact he regularly get out maneuvered when it come to intrigue. Even Cla'min out maneuvers him in this field. Which is why he needs to team up with someone that is good at it in Rastadel.

I have to disagree with you on Roland not earning that general spot. I agree on the master tactician thing, but Roland is more than that. Cla'min is better at social shit but she is a merchant and very good at reading the crowd. Roland is a born peasant, which means that type of knowledge would never reach him. Hell, peasants don't even get access to books because the nobles fear them gaining higher education. The reason he couldn't become a noble is because the entire whole of nobility was against it. If he wasn't a hero, he would end up like his fellow commoner generals and be harassed, his actions wiped from history, and possibly assassinated. The nobles were terrified of the dirt general Roland because he practically carried the war without any powers or special abilities. He wasn't someone born of high blood, he was just a peasant. I honestly don't see how Roland could become a noble without inciting a civil war, which would likely turn the other heroes against him.

Roland is a great general who is both a strategist and a tactician. If was literally his plans and strategies that held off the demon lord for 4 whole damn months at Krast. And his planning and skills is what lead to the demon lord's defeat. The pretty much anyone with interactions with the demon lord or been in the war realized how much of a threat Roland was. Skorded straight up said that roland's strats and tactics broke the dark lords will long before the six heroes fought him.

Also the twins are not good at strategy at all. None of their plans or really thought out and they throw roland at it. Where he comes up with his own strategy and tactics to properly tackle the problem. The twins are so damn incompetent, they can't plan watching paint dry without fucking it up, but they reap the benefits from roland's success. They talk so much shit to him, but if they couldn't regenerate and have super demon skin, Roland could easily handle them. Even with their magic. He almost killed Jezera twice and overwhelmed Andra in a one of one fight. The major advantage they had during the prologue was that Roland was ignorant of them and their abilities. They had his wife, had the place surrounded by orcs, and initially had the element of surprise. BUT HE STILL GOT AWAY, the twins are a fucking joke man and anyone with a brain in story story sees them for what they are, Pretenders.

The twins rely far too much on their innate abilities and when that fails, they rely on their supernatural bodies to pick up the slack. He can't beat them if they are together, but he is a both a major boon and major threat to them. The problem is that they don't see it and are childish man-babies who can't handle being wrong and have no respect for Roland. It's mind-boggling to constantly belittle and bully the guy who your entire goals of world conquest depends on. Not to mention trying to fuck and corrupt the one and only thing that keeps him loyal to you. Like the power really went to their heads, especially Andras that red skill fuck boy. I hate his damn guts man, he's one of those guys who would dm the girl you broke up with to try to "comfort" her and get in her pants. And it's sodamn obvious. Atleast Jezera is somewhat tolerable, but that's only because Andras is so damn bad.

The story basically nerfs Roland because this is Act 1 and you are not supposed to win yet. So nothing you do for your war against the twins has any clear impact in act 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aenys_Faelin

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
A headless Thompson gunner whose wife was really into Andras.
Well that explains why I never heard of this week Roland and his cheating wife before since I has only been able to play with my Chad Rowan and his faithful wife Alexia, it must be some kind of secret character you can unlock or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiliam 1234567

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Obviously, I would have liked to have Act I finished by now, but I will be the first to admit there was far too much scope creep, and writing issues have slowed things down, unfortunately. That being said, we are now approaching the end, and I'm hoping to be done by the end of the year or early next year at the latest. After a discussion with the writing staff, here is a good indication of the content left on the slate before we can move on to Act II:

Main:
Astarte - New War Council: Currently at 40%/100%
Updated Pre-Battle: Currently at 20%/100%
Updated Battle: 0%/100%
Updated postBattle: 0%/100%

Epilogue - One very large multi-state event similar to Astarte

Side:
Goblin arc - Che-Lin - 4 + 1 (4 Route events and a short debrief event)
Zii-Zii - 1 (short debrief event)
Tue-San - 1 (short debrief event)
Wedding - 3
Post-Wedding short events: 3

Fae - 2 Heartsong Events
1 Whitescar event
1 Aryzl event
Arzyl Finale/Whitescar Finale (scenes would be released simultaneously but be separate)

NPC:
Andras NTR - 2
Jez NTR - 1
Jez - 2
Hel - 2
X'zaratl - 3

Map:
Ygrisse Chaos Incursion - 3-5
Portal Events - 5 (Short events for unlocking the portal for the first time)
Shrine events - 3 (Three written events about finding shrines to Solansian gods in Rosaria)

Other:
Rastedel edits
Continuing Helayna events rework (5 events) and folding mindless events into a repeatable menu (six short events)
Half-time. How far did it go? 30%? 20%?

Teshay

Aug 14, 2017
Why is there so much hate towards Andras? I love his scenes the best with both Alexia and Rowan...he gets me real wet
That's your kink and that's fine. The simple answer is that Andras is a bad (Not exactly as in badly written, I won't get into that.)character and the least threatening of the twins.

I just think he and Jezera are dumb. And if Alexia isn't a literal bimbo, she wouldn't fall for Andras scheme and let him fuck her. The only time it makes sense is at the beginning of the game where she is kidnapped for literal months and her husband is imprisoned, so Andras tries to prey on her vulnerability. I just can't rationalize Alexia doing anything for him unless it was forced. Andras has no subtly and he quickly drops his mask of 'caring' about alexia frequently. Sure, she's just a peasant girl, but that doesn't/shouldn't make her blind to the situation. Her feelings of frustration at her situation are understandable. She has to sit back and be a hostage in a scary castle with dangerous and lewd people who would kill/rape/torture/brainwash/etc if they got the right to. While her husband is forced to serve them because they have her,He's gone for weeks at a time and she doesn't know when or if he'll even come back. She's stressed, lonely, and has no-one to trust. Not to mention that it's clear the things the twins make Roland do weigh on him, but he refuses to share so she can't even get some form of closure. It's neither of their faults and they are both trying to protect one another in their own way, which makes their relationship so interesting and worth investing in. Jezera makes sense, she at least tries to lure people into a sense of security before she pulls the rug out from under them.

Maybe It's just me, but I always tend to avoid the corruption/ntr stuff with Alexia because I see her as much more intelligence and resilient than the twins take into consideration. Like her husband, they underestimate her and see her as a easy target they can twist and make into another toy. But she isn't, she's loyal to her husband and while she can be frustrated with his actions because she's a thinking, feeling creature, she understands that he has to make tough decisions and is forced to do these things.

I can't respect or fear Andras because he has no charm or true intelligence. Sure, he shows that from time to time he isn't just a brute, but he always regresses to ooga bunga when push comes to shove. I wouldn't even call him a good fighter. He's like Wolverine but without any character to get you invested. He just tanks attacks because he relies on his body. He has;t earned his strength or his ego. He got a little bit of power and it went completely into his head and traveled down his dick. He has some bouts of him not being an asshole that I like, only because it's a break from all the mind-numbing, face-palm-inducing scenes he is in where he just has a tandem or fucks something up colossally and then shifts the blame to others. He's like homelander but without any traits you could actually like or enjoy about the character. At least Homelander is funny at times with his childishness. What makes homelander so scary is just how powerful he is, like he's the strongest character in series/show or at least one of them. Andras is overall just a bully and a stupid one at that. I don't care much for ntr, but this guy offers nothing other than fulfilling a kink. He's a literal detriment to his own goals.

I don't like Jezera either but again, not because of bad writing the game just does well to show you the antagonist's flaws. And whew boy is there a lot. What makes the great so great to me is that most of the twin's competent "Allies' know who is the real brain and threat behind the operation, Roland. The twins head's are just so far up their asses that they tend to forget that antagonizing the foundation that keeps the structure afloat is kinda bad? Like if roland was just a goon, i'd get it. But your entire plans for world conquest rely on him. Time and time again has shown that their other plans don't work because they don't see a bigger picture then being on top with no equals because they are the smartest, strongest, bestest people around. Have some damn self-reflection, Jesus.

4.00 star(s) 162 Votes