DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
However, the developers have started making a development road map to keep them on track and limit their focus. Thus far it seems to have made a big difference and the development is proceeding much more smoothly. The main story hasn’t advanced because the developers want to wrap up all the loose threads they created in the past and give all the important characters the depth their patrons are demanding, before finishing up the current act. It makes sense that they wouldn’t want to start the development on the act 2 while still devoting a lot of time on time to tying up the loose threads and adding depth to the characters in the 1st Act that is supposed to ostensibly be finished.
I sure hope they had a roadmap before and didn't make it up as they went along for the last 6(!) years...

On a more serious note, that all sounds sort of promising but if there's one thing that Patreon projects don't lack it's promises.
The first time I asked about giving the MC a more proactive role and dominant players a bit more agency I got a snarky reply by a dev that he was already working on this amazing maledom trainer spin-off. That was 4 years ago and the spin-off never materialized.

Nothing personal, but I really don't care about any upcoming changes or visions for the future until they're actually in the game. That's just the nature of Patreon.

Reactions: Enigmanic
Jan 31, 2022
That's the fate of many (most?) Patreon games.
It's not entirely on the devs, the payment model promotes prolonging your project for as long as it remains popular. You basically never want to finish your game unless you have another title already lined up to seamlessly take over.
$2000 a month (fed min wage in the USA/160hrs for a months work, full time) take home pay after expenditures for the project is equivalent to a months work, full time, at 7.25 an hour. ish. im not good at math. you cant live off that, and if a dev isnt making that, development time will be secondary to maintaining another job to allow them to live.

Most games that arent backed by major funding take extra long cause the people making it are trying to live off other means and making the game for passion and fun. yall cant bash slow dev speeds till you get the circumstances....

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
$2000 a month (fed min wage in the USA/160hrs for a months work, full time) take home pay after expenditures for the project is equivalent to a months work, full time, at 7.25 an hour. ish. im not good at math. you cant live off that, and if a dev isnt making that, development time will be secondary to maintaining another job to allow them to live.

Most games that arent backed by major funding take extra long cause the people making it are trying to live off other means and making the game for passion and fun. yall cant bash slow dev speeds till you get the circumstances....
I was not aware that I was bashing anyone, nor do I see how your math contradicts my point.
The fact that poorly supported games take longer because the devs can't work on them full-time doesn't change that many exceptionally supported games also take longer because Patreon pays you for having a popular title in development, not for finishing it.

Jan 31, 2022
I was not aware that I was bashing anyone, nor do I see how your math contradicts my point.
The fact that poorly supported games take longer because the devs can't work on them full-time doesn't change that many exceptionally supported games also take longer because Patreon pays you for having a popular title in development, not for finishing it.
ah yeah sorry, im bad at directing my comments, was meant as a parralel to your comments. sorry!

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Does any know how to take over Rastedel peacefully?
The question is why would you ? and could you even ?
Seeds of Chaos is kinda like warhammer 40K where Peace is a lie and you can bury the thought of ever having ppl acting normally like how Maud didn't think twice to shoot a bolt on you, as the whole point of Act 1 for Rowan comes down to
would you serve in hell or rule in HELL !
Taking into account the powers(Kharos and Solanse) which shape the world are depressing and equally stupid, you come to a thought of why save the fools who robbed you of your reward and sent you back to your dirt home, the old order deserves the french revolution treatment and not the whole city, but I understand your plight, one thing you must remember is you can't save everyone and neither should you as they have to make that choice, kinda like Maud again who decied to shoot me after I decided to not pay child support could not give her the rosy revolution she wanted.
You can't. Or rather....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like that towards the end of Act 1 your expectations were subverted by the very thing which till now doesn't make sense, the baron.

rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Will act 1 be completed this year?
My main issue is that this game has been in development for so long from 2016 (more than half a decade)! And yet the plot did not move any further than when it was at the original teaser version.
With his pace, the game will never be completed. if it takes half a decade just to finish act 1, how much will it take to complete the game? 30 years?
You can answer that yourself if you use magic stuff like logic and common sense!
Lets look at their to do list: roadmap.png
They will have 5 updates this year (they do bimonthly updates)
To make it in time and wrap up in 2022 release schedule should be something like that:

1 update March : Helayna + Andras
2 update May : Jazera + Alexia
3 update July : Goblin new location and recruitment quest line
4 update Sep. : Fae content
5 update Nov : rework of Rastedel + UI polishing
+ Writing epilogue

Now lets look at at what pace they actually progressing right now:
last 4 updates Winter (main writer) was rewriting Liurial ark (supporting character) and he isn't finished yet.

Meaning 1 character per 4/5 updates.
Meaning at current pace they will crawl to the finish line somewhere in 2024.

Last edited:

A360

Jun 29, 2018
The new map event in which Rowan can seduce an abbey priestess is great. I have big expectations for this scene's art.

It's good, second favourite roaming scene after the orc girl with the blue eyes. Looking forward to the art as well.

A corrupted Rowan seems to take great delight in “corrupting”women especially if they lower their guard because of his rep. If Tulip, the nun and Juliet are anything to go by anyway. He almost acts like a mini Jezera in them. Hope we see more scenes like that.

firwirrung

Sep 9, 2019
Does anyone know if the Devs have discussed whether the Andras / Alexia NTR arc is going to end with her getting pregnant by Andras?

I recall there being an almost throw away line of dialogue in their early interaction, but wondered if there had been discussion of follow up. I haven't played the last two or so updates, but I did see the "breeding" tag for the fertility arc with Rowan. Curious what the plan is for future impregnation content.

Юбж

Feb 4, 2022
Русского языка так понимаю нету?

I understand that there is no Russian language?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Русского языка так понимаю нету?
"I understand that there is no Russian language?"

I don't know if the game has any language options myself, but this is the English translation if anyone else knows for certain.

Я сам не знаю ответа на это. Поэтому я разместил английский перевод, чтобы узнать, знает ли кто-нибудь еще. Но я думаю, что это может быть только английский язык. Извините за любые ошибки. Я использовал переводчик гугл.

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Does anyone know if the Devs have discussed whether the Andras / Alexia NTR arc is going to end with her getting pregnant by Andras?

I recall there being an almost throw away line of dialogue in their early interaction, but wondered if there had been discussion of follow up. I haven't played the last two or so updates, but I did see the "breeding" tag for the fertility arc with Rowan. Curious what the plan is for future impregnation content.
I know the Devs have said that they are hesitant to do anything that would result in a long term physical change for any major characters. As it would result in doubling the art they have to commission for that character. A good example of this is Alexia's Fertility treatments, she can undergo some pretty drastic changes during the scenes, but the changes are temporary and she revert back to normal after the scene is over. Thus they only need to commission the scene in question. But if the changes were permanent, they they would have to commission alternate art of every scene scene that could possibly occur after the fertility scene.

With that in mind, I would guess that IF Alexia does become pregnant during the story it would be relatively near the end of the Final Act to reduce the amount of additional art they have to commission. I think that from a narrative perspective it make sense as a climatic reveal as well. So I wouldn't hold your breath for it to happen very soon.

Is there a way to manually unlock the scene replay stuff?
Check out the Seeds of Chaos Extended Scene Replay Mod, it just got updated for the new content.

Reactions: kcj300

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
It's good, second favourite roaming scene after the orc girl with the blue eyes. Looking forward to the art as well.

A corrupted Rowan seems to take great delight in “corrupting”women especially if they lower their guard because of his rep. If Tulip, the nun and Juliet are anything to go by anyway. He almost acts like a mini Jezera in them. Hope we see more scenes like that.
Ahh, I see you are a man of culture ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Jynx_lucky_j , do you know if devs plan to bring Koh back ? I mean she was a dark horse favorite among many.

• Red Heart
Reactions: monk_56 and A360

Jynx_lucky_j

May 1, 2021
Jynx_lucky_j , do you know if devs plan to bring Koh back ? I mean she was a dark horse favorite among many.
Don't expect any one-off characters to show up again in Act 1, The devs are trying to wrap up all the outstanding threads so they can finish the act and move on to developing the next act (fyi there is planned to be 3 Acts). But who knows what future acts may hold.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Ahh, I see you are a man of culture ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

+1 for Koh being the best one off character as well. She was a delightful contrast to the normal stereotypical "rape orc" that seems to be on the SoC menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carefree247

1138op

Jun 2, 2018
How do the mechanics of decisions work exactly?
For example, at certain points Rowan can give in to Jezera's advances but when making that decision, how much control do we have over Rowan's train of thought?
Can you play it so that you give in to make Jezera think she is weakening your resistance, or is giving in to her automaticly corrupting Rowan and we have no control over that?

4.00 star(s) 165 Votes