DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Act 1. And I don't believe Act 2 will be build "in-game" and it may come as its own game but I'm mostly guessing here.
Pretty sure they've said as much before.
It makes a lot of sense considering how long act 1 has been dragging on. Plus they get to sell each act as a finished game on Steam instead of having like a 30 year early access title.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
seems like there is a path for Dark Knight Heylana. Though still no art...curious how that version of her would look like. Taking ages for this game to finish

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm. I think they need to take a page from Andras book and enslave a few people to pick up the pace
I think more than half their writers were not working on the game for different reasons and they hired new ones for the last update. But unless they have all their writers working on the actual story that needs to be told, that is Astarte and Goblins, it doesn't actually matter does it? We are still no closer to the act being finished, if anything with Astarte having an ambitious rewrite (which is great, don't get me wrong) and theoretically Rastedel getting an equivalent after that and right now only Rein working on that, Act 2 may be happening this DECADE.

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
They have to finish Act 1 and release Act 2 as another game otherwise Steam will pull the game; not they really care. Their steam sales haven't been very good, the highest rated reviews on Steam are all negative, and the game's Steam forum is so full of complaints about bugs and the lack of progress that that devs stopped posting there years ago.

View attachment 3844867
I did check on Steam and the reviews are not nearly as negative as you present them.

For the Steam price tag, I feel the game delivers enough content of sufficient quality to be decent value for money. Sure it has problems and it is not finished but it still has over 20 hours of gameplay for 17$. It is a vastly different value proposition to being a long term Patreon but the very concept of Patreon is that you are not paying for a product, you are choosing to support someone.

4.00 star(s) 165 Votes