Others Abandoned Sex Machine [v0.052] [UraMomo & TheUnsaid]

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

iamslime

Jul 25, 2017
aren't Sneak Peeks supposed to be Spoiler in the first place?
Not necessarily. It doesn't have to always reveal a story element. If a game is story-focused, like Sex Machine apparently is, I can understand changing your mind. It just sucks that it was during a point of time where the game is so universally far behind where it was intended to be that any disappointment is exacerbated tenfold.

Dark2Dawn

Oct 31, 2021
What are your current expectations?
I'd like for there to be a way to get stronger with more than just buying things. The items, upgrades and passives don't seem to be enough to beat the final boss and having to be as weak as you were before to a regular enemy is kinda frustrating. Animation's on point tho.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I'd like for there to be a way to get stronger with more than just buying things. The items, upgrades and passives don't seem to be enough to beat the final boss and having to be as weak as you were before to a regular enemy is kinda frustrating. Animation's on point tho.
...you do realize you're replying to a post that'll be three years old in a few months, right?

Jun 18, 2021
Not necessarily. It doesn't have to always reveal a story element. If a game is story-focused, like Sex Machine apparently is, I can understand changing your mind. It just sucks that it was during a point of time where the game is so universally far behind where it was intended to be that any disappointment is exacerbated tenfold.
~One Month Later~

And also hell yeah, my story's simple, but no one cares for the story of my game. I'm making it simple. Super simple for the lack of time I have to work on it due to my job which is my priority, and the fact that it's my first game which I do everything besides the art.
Job is quite understandable. Not giving an update screenshot to your own game that you said would be forthcoming while going onto some other dev's game and giving it a bad synopsis because you only played through part of "Act 1" is probably why your Patreon is at 6 patrons. I'm not saying you need to finish your game to comment on others, but potential patrons need to be able to see good faith attempts at keeping the audience informed, and how long they might have to support you to see fruition of their sponsorship. When contradictory excuses are given, that's a warning flag. A big one. With bells on.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Not giving an update screenshot to your own game that you said would be forthcoming while going onto some other dev's game and giving it a bad synopsis because you only played through part of "Act 1" is probably why your Patreon is at 6 patrons. I'm not saying you need to finish your game to comment on others, but potential patrons need to be able to see good faith attempts at keeping the audience informed, and how long they might have to support you to see fruition of their sponsorship. When contradictory excuses are given, that's a warning flag. A big one. With bells on.
But the topic wasn't/isn't sponsorship?
The topic was entirely different.

If you want to talk about it though I don't mind.
When the game started and was at full swing I was in-between jobs due to Covid.
Even when that was the case I had at max 20 supporters.

Not only that but I can't post content on the Patreon due to it getting flagged so, that disincentivized new participants greatly if they didn't know what was going on.

Obviously though, this would be mitigated if I could dedicate more time to the game, give consistent updates, and finish it in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fireelite

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
But the topic wasn't/isn't sponsorship?
The topic was entirely different.

If you want to talk about it though I don't mind.
When the game started and was at full swing I was in-between jobs due to Covid.
Even when that was the case I had at max 20 supporters.

Not only that but I can't post content on the Patreon due to it getting flagged so, that disincentivized new participants greatly if they didn't know what was going on.

Obviously though, this would be mitigated if I could dedicate more time to the game, give consistent updates, and finish it in a timely manner.
So any update on this or?

TheLoliRealm

Jan 4, 2022
The last substantial update was nearly three years ago. We know Uramomo finished all the art for the game ages ago. Unsaid has refused to show any kind of progress on the game.

You should stop waiting for it.
It honestly takes no effort to put in when something reminds me about this projects existance and poke. Me checking in isn't gonna kill someone. I've seen worse games take longer

AsAsN05

Dec 26, 2022
Facing a Problem.

My game is stuck at a specific save. It shows my new save in the preview but, when I load, it takes me back to that one save every time.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes