tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
If you don't want people plating your game, you're going in the right direction with the new mantra mini-game.

Of all the things you could've done for this puzzle and you chose that...

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
They almost never work, because adding new content modifies many elements and variables of previous updates, so old saves will cause bugs. In this game until now, old saves don't work.
That is something you need to figure out fast. Not having old saves work is something that will turn many people off of your game. "Why bother when i will have to start over again in a month or so."

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
If you don't want people plating your game, you're going in the right direction with the new mantra mini-game.

Use snipping tool to take a screenie of the mantra then match it up.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
That is something you need to figure out fast. Not having old saves work is something that will turn many people off of your game. "Why bother when i will have to start over again in a month or so."
From one dev to another, I get the sentiment behind adding new content not flowing into each other. You either have to have the money or the time and manpower to rework a game starting out with new content not being able to flow from old saves. It's a common issue many developers using Ren'Py face.

I'd suggest the dev have his releases come with save states/selection episodes to jump to the new content. That's what my team and people like Ferdafs do.

Reactions: Jamliz

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
so old saves dont work ?
They almost never work, because adding new content modifies many scripts and variables of previous updates, so old saves will cause bugs. In this game until now, old saves don't work. But, there is no new content with the old characters, only with the new ones so if you want you can skip the characters you have already seen and focus on the new ones, they do not require progress with the old ones

How to play that puzzle game (mantra)? I don't understand.
You have to sort the pieces of the puzzle until all are correctly aligned, you can rotate them by clicking on them or dragging them to other spaces, (Make sure that ALL are in the right place otherwise you will not advance, Check especially the lower right and left corners, that can be very similar and therefore you will not be able to move forward if they are not in the right place) (We'll improve it on the next update, adding hot images instead of that background with text, we didn't have time to add it this time)

Game_SayMantra.jpg

Probably on the future, since the updates that we are making have great progress, adding new features or significant changes that affect the entire visual novel, perhaps in the future when the updates are more oriented only to add new scenes and content this is possible, for now by making changes so deep is practically impossible, but thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019

This is a first version of the complete mechanics that will be ready for the next update 0.06 which is focused exclusively on SexNote, Brixxida, the world and magical power, in this you will have the final mechanics of the minigame (that for now because we are greatly expanding the world of SexNote with new characters, settings and scenes, we could not finish) Thank you for your understanding and recommendations!

It doesn't have spanish translation anymore?
Será lanzada la versión en español esperamos al terminar la semana ;)

mother already able to f?
This new update is focused on expanding the world of SexNote, adding new characters (6 new characters), new locations (5 New locations), new scenarios (15 new backgrounds), new side stories to follow on the adventure. So, with the old characters no content has been added, you will only see new scenes and content with the new characters: Mrs White, Mrs Johnson, Hinn, Nurse Mary, Lisa and Akita.

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
Use snipping tool to take a screenie of the mantra then match it up.
I have no problems completing the puzzle, it's just that it takes so long for just a single upgrade.

Plus the two bottom corner pieces are 50/50 of getting right on the first try. There's no easy way to distinguish them between each other.

• Sad
Reactions: Jamliz

Jamliz

SexNote Developer
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2019
I have no problems completing the puzzle, it's just that it takes so long for just a single upgrade.

Plus the two bottom corner pieces are 50/50 of getting right on the first try. There's no easy way to distinguish them between each other.
I know and I'm very sorry, we tried to move forward as much as possible, but in the end due to several bugs, we should leave it like this (it was the best we could due to some delays) But I promise that in version 0.06 you will see a much more interesting and rewarding mechanics, not just a puzzle.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
No new content with mom and sis,annoying new puzzle,old saves dont work = not worth the download.Aand its a shame cause last time i played i really enjoyed it but i'm not gonna start over again,maybe in the future when there will be some real content with the family members..I cant believe the dev skipped all of them in favor of adding random characters,damn :confused:

tonzak

Dec 18, 2016
I know and I'm very sorry, we tried to move forward as much as possible, but in the end due to several bugs, we should leave it like this (it was the best we could due to some delays) But I promise that in version 0.06 you will see a much more interesting and rewarding mechanics, not just a puzzle.
Actually, I have to take it back, some of it at least.

While the puzzle is very tedious and kind of boring, the player doesn't actually have to complete it very often (for now at least). I just did it way too much I think.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
From one dev to another, I get the sentiment behind adding new content not flowing into each other. You either have to have the money or the time and manpower to rework a game starting out with new content not being able to flow from old saves. It's a common issue many developers using Ren'Py face.

I'd suggest the dev have his releases come with save states/selection episodes to jump to the new content. That's what my team and people like Ferdafs do.
Geeseki does something similar too. A "Start from last update" option would do wonders for this game.

Keitaro420

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks man, i played the first build, and looks like a lott has changed, i can understan english but i'll waith to see it in spanish. And again, thanks a lot, your game looks awesome!.

Reactions: KURO_NEKO_SAM
3.60 star(s) 158 Votes