Mar 16, 2019
Shadows of the Nights [v0.02] DrDougDoesDOS

Original Size Win/Linux: 554 MB
Original Size Mac: 537 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 102 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 84 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
I know you said there will be lesbian content back in 2019. Noticed not listed in tags though. Is there any lesbian content yet and is straight content avoidable?

Reactions: AlienEDM

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Is there any lesbian content yet and is straight content avoidable?

The m/c has had a very hot event with a female but no actual Sex yet so not sure if that counts as a Tag yet?. All Sex for m/c will be avoidable with a step away decision on any of the routes so you can just go lesbian yes. There will be 2 possible lesbian relationships down the dirty cop path or just the 1 on Bad Cop (choose not to go shopping with neighbour to start bad cop) and several other possible sex options with females later on. On the good cop route she will hitch up with a Boyfriend soon so sounds like you don't want that path.

Reactions: AlienEDM

LoveWhores

May 25, 2018
The m/c has had a very hot event with a female but no actual Sex yet so not sure if that counts as a Tag yet?. All Sex for m/c will be avoidable with a step away decision on any of the routes so you can just go lesbian yes. There will be 2 possible lesbian relationships down the dirty cop path or just the 1 on Bad Cop (choose not to go shopping with neighbour to start bad cop) and several other possible sex options with females later on. On the good cop route she will hitch up with a Boyfriend soon so sounds like you don't want that path.
What about of just having sex with as many different guys as she can all the time and been a true whore? Will this be possible too soon? :)

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the info

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
What about of just having sex with as many different guys as she can all the time and been a true whore? Will this be possible too soon? :)
Well there's 3 Paths and the Good Cop Path would probably be dubbed the Vanilla Story as she plays it fairly straight arrow and gets into a Boyfriend Relationship. The Bad Cop Route she'll be veering off course as she experiments with new things and the Dirty Cop which hasn't come into effect yet... well look at my Fan Art a few years back for aWaM if you want an idea where that might go Hint - Keep an eye on Paula and Tanya here :sneaky:

Bearing in mind there's a big Family Secret unleashed in Day 3 the different routes will have different bearings from this too and Day 4 she's about to learn more Secrets kept from her. Hint - She already likes to knock back the Whiskey plus you can also see she likes a little bet or 2 with Cousin Beth. The Family Secret will also have a big effect on Beth so keep that in mind too ;)

Reactions: LoveWhores

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Any Mega for uncompressed Windows version? The other sites don't like me for some reason.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Trying to finish before Feb yes. DAZ behaving itself now and getting along better. Most of the Day is complete now just sorting out the Epilogue. Looking like whole Day will be over 300 Renders for sure. The Events at the College are about 100 Renders of that.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Actually College Events are over 125 Renders now. Plus there's also a trip to the Hairdressers, Aerobics or Kickboxing (depends which route) then Kerry and Beth go on a Mysterious Trip with Alyssa and Caitlin in the Evening.

DAZ is trying to slow me down with issues but I have both PC's going around the clock.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Thought I'd have it ready today. Just starting Scripting/Editing. Been too many Renders going over 3 hours long yet others just taking 15 minutes. I'd really love to know what the (Not Responding) is all about but would speculate it's something to do with the DAZ Cloud and slow Servers. Nothing wrong with my gear that's for sure.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Just coming up on 400 Renders and finished for total DAY 4 and over half the Programming/Script done so really close to dropping now. Just editing and testing to come. I'll update the Character List and then be changing it to 1080p after its out as 95% of Renders are in this format already.

Reactions: yihman1

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
This is how some of the images will look when I release a 1080HD version. Some of these copies floating about on the Net have been crunched down too small degrading the quality which I'd already reduced myself anyway to save the file size.
CafeVisit0028.jpg BackHome1a.jpg Boxing2cc.jpg Murdertwo1a.jpg

I've also been re-rendering some Scenes too with the better lighting systems I've bought on DAZ.
Library1y.jpg FollowTanya1g.jpg

So Day 5 release will be very different to what ever versions you've played so far and I will re-release a free version of Day 1 and 2 before then in the new 1080 too.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
So Day 5 is coming along nice... but why so slow? I've been having many problems with DAZ now and it's getting beyond a joke. When I started posting my DAZ Art on here it was DAZ 4.10 and today it is DAZ 4.15 so there have been several updates. The quality of the Program has suffered and I have seen many Add On Products become null and void in the past year. I have set up a lot of pre Scene work going right up to Day 14. That's new Characters, Outfits for each Day and my own edited Environments. As I progress I am finding things are just not working properly that once were. Take a look at this example >

A Day 2 Scene in the Library
OriginalDAZScene1.jpg This is 3 minutes of Rendering the Scene using the Librarys own ready made lighting. I could let it run for another 4 hours and it would still be a fuzzy crappy mess.
LightsRemovedDAZScene1.jpg This is again 3 minutes of Rendering the same Scene with that lighting removed. Another 5 minutes and it would be ready and finished rendering.

That is using the same Graphics Card on the same System. So... Why are DAZ putting out updates that make Add Ons become unusable and how many Devs have gone out spending $1000's on new 3080 Titans or whatever thinking their 2060's are shit?

The fact is there are dozens of these Add Ons that are defunct and unusable and DAZ clearly don't give a flying monkeys or else they would be putting out weekly emails telling us that some products might not work anymore. I don't have all day to go turfing through checking everything works tickity boo as I have invested over $1000 on 2500 of the Add Ons and I have a game to make.

What am I saying here? No I'm not making excuses for being slow, I'm putting a warning out to everyone. Think twice about spending $3000 on a new GPU and think thrice about using DAZ as a Tool. I plan to move over to Blender soon as I am really tired of fumbling about fixing DAZ mess. I know you guys love these Games and so do I and I want to entertain with my adventure.

• Love
Reactions: 88Michele88
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes