1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I mean I don't like Windows Defender, but I literally cannot open the html file without turning it off. And even if the game is safe, I'd still rather not have it off for a long period. Plus it deletes the html file after a while, so it's either have Defender off 24/7 or they post a fix to stop it from being flagged.
Ye just have to add an exception in Windows Defender & ye won't have this problem again. I personally didn't have this problem to begin with & I use Windows Defender as my main (it's basic, but it works far better than most of the paid services out there).

klaustidus0

Apr 4, 2022
The premise is interesting, but there are way too many female protag games mostly interested into lesbian content.
How much of the game is the MC having sex with men?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Maybe that's because I've never had to do it with *any* game on this site before. This is probably the first time I've had to set an exception just in general.
That... is not helping your case. At all.

This is common Windows knowledge, and tens of dozens of games on this site have to use exceptions because Windows Defender is a joke.

BingoDingo123

Jan 24, 2022

This is common Windows knowledge, and tens of dozens of games on this site have to use exceptions because Windows Defender is a joke.
Whatever man, it wasn't even worth it for like 2 minutes of "gameplay" where nothing happened.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022

As an IT person, windows defender is actually pretty good these days. It's not impossible but I've never heard of it flagging an html file though. Maybe they've got their settings too strict and it's being flagged by the Javascript, but this game is pretty barebones so I'd imagine they can't really run any twine games in that case.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
As an IT person, windows defender is actually pretty good these days. It's not impossible but I've never heard of it flagging an html file though. Maybe they've got their settings too strict and it's being flagged by the Javascript, but this game is pretty barebones so I'd imagine they can't really run any twine games in that case.
Eh these days when it false flags pretty much all the rest of the major commercial ones do too because they're sharing data to be more robust. You're right that it's mostly just people using decade+ old biases against it.

SporkWitch

Jul 13, 2019
The main clue is the "ml" in the definition, meaning the hit was generated via machine learning, and thus prone to false positives.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Eh these days when it false flags pretty much all the rest of the major commercial ones do too because they're sharing data to be more robust. You're right that it's mostly just people using decade+ old biases against it.
It's not a bias, it still, to this day, pops up false positives more often than other firewalls.

And the people who believe false positives are also the same ones relying exclusively on Windows Defender and not using secondary firewalls, just a better firewall in general, or using real virus scanners to fact check the positives.

I still have Windows Defender on my system, and it fails to flag a lot of actual threats that my other firewalls do and tries to flag things that my other firewalls realize aren't malicious.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes