VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The 4 women from the banner are the main LIs. You can develop a solo relationship with each of them and based on your choices and your interactions with them will unlock dialogue, scenes and separate storylines. There will be other women that you can interact with during your adventures that will range from you just befriending them to one night stand type scenarios to short flings. But the Main LIs with the relationships that will span the story will be the 4 shown in the banner.

There will not be a full harem with all 4 as their personalities/circumstances differ too much for that to be an option. But a partial harem is something I would like to develop. I just first wanted to make sure I had the solo paths nailed down so I can see where there would be the chance for that relationship to grow.
nah, you dont need all of that.
you just need to read a few guides on how to make an ultimate harem game (in OT or somewhere else) and you will see that making mindless fuckfest harem could be easily (or even better - have to be) done in any game...not sure why do you even bother with all those useless paths at the first place.

#thereisnogameunlessitisaharem
#knallthewaynotimeforbsplaying

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
I have an animation in this version now, but it's so small I didn't want to advertise it. It was more to test doing one and incorporating it. If things go well, I would like to include more in the future. I just wanted to get more experience with them before telling players to expect them.

Incest - Currently the incest is in a later part of the story and depends on which path you take; it would be between you the male character and 2 sisters.

Sharing - This is part of a random encounter I had written for later in the game. You and your group come across traveling merchants. One of them has an item you want, but you have nothing he wants in trade... or do you? His gaze sure is lingering on your female companion...
Just for the sharing part you got 10!!!!! facepalms. Well, what you going to do, do you really need this kind of people? Except if they pay for it, money changes everything :)
EDIT:
#thereisnogameunlessitisaharem
#knallthewaynotimeforbsplaying

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm not usually into the medieval/fantasy setting, but this was a nice surprise. Good writing, the story and characters are engaging. Good luck dev!

Reactions: Gorse

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Thanks to the dev Garou24 having generously provided me with some special renders,
here are the officially approved Fan Sigs for " Shards of the Past ":

Qinara - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 1 MB / .gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/06/2711444_SotPsiG4a.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kaela - Fan Signature

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/06/2708629_SotPsiG3a.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Varisha - Fan Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,98 MB / .gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/06/2708628_SotPsiG2a.gif

Viviara - Fan Signature

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/06/2708627_SotPsiG1a.gif
_______________________________________________________________________________________

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feel free to copy and past(e) up to two of these Sigs into your personal signature...
...You'd support the further development of this splendid game quite a wee bit as well!

And Garou24: thanks for your game, the collaboration and the renders & good luck with the further development!
Cheers to you and all the best!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1687669743162.png

Shards of the Past Chapter 2 - Dev Updates

The past week was filled with work on the last two ...
flashback/background scenes for this chapter.

Much of the work the past week was a continuation from last week.
Busy posing and rendering more of the images from the flashback.

The week was a busy one as was able to finish creating the castle courtyard and characters.

Character Showcase - Moria

Moria is introduced alongside Kaela and the flashback in chapter two gives us our first look at her -as Kaela’s close friend and handmaiden

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
View attachment 2722279

Shards of the Past Chapter 2 - Dev Updates

The past week was filled with work on the last two ...
flashback/background scenes for this chapter.

Much of the work the past week was a continuation from last week.
Busy posing and rendering more of the images from the flashback.

The week was a busy one as was able to finish creating the castle courtyard and characters.

Character Showcase - Moria

Moria is introduced alongside Kaela and the flashback in chapter two gives us our first look at her -as Kaela’s close friend and handmaiden
Moria moria_shards_of_the_past.png

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Shards of the Past [v0.1.1] [Garou24]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
The 4 women from the banner are the main LIs. You can develop a solo relationship with each of them and based on your choices and your interactions with them will unlock dialogue, scenes and separate storylines. There will be other women that you can interact with during your adventures that will range from you just befriending them to one night stand type scenarios to short flings. But the Main LIs with the relationships that will span the story will be the 4 shown in the banner.

There will not be a full harem with all 4 as their personalities/circumstances differ too much for that to be an option. But a partial harem is something I would like to develop. I just first wanted to make sure I had the solo paths nailed down so I can see where there would be the chance for that relationship to grow.
Sounds good to me.

I might be in the minority here with this opinion, but I personally prefer taking the monogamous route in these types of games. I always choose my favorite girl first and remain loyal to her throughout the entire game. In my opinion, it would be more interesting if there were consequences for cheating, adding more drama, jealousy, and all that, instead of having all the women blindly join your harem without any problems. I don't mind having a harem option as long as it's optional and done right. Btw, I played your game yesterday, and so far, I'm loving it. You have yourself a new supporter, and I'm looking forward to the new update! :)

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Sounds good to me.

I might be in the minority here with this opinion, but I personally prefer taking the monogamous route in these types of games. I always choose my favorite girl first and remain loyal to her throughout the entire game. In my opinion, it would be more interesting if there were consequences for cheating, adding more drama, jealousy, and all that, instead of having all the women blindly join your harem without any problems. I don't mind having a harem option as long as it's optional and done right. Btw, I played your game yesterday, and so far, I'm loving it. You have yourself a new supporter, and I'm looking forward to the new update! :)
Glad you enjoyed it! My goal is for each love interest to have their own path and storyline. They are all different personalities and I want them to each have a varied story so that each one has something different to offer. There will be consequences for your actions as well since I want the things you do and say to carry weight.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022

That's really great to hear. Personally if I had to choose between solo romantic path and harem I'd always go with solo, especially if it's done good. If there are few girls, not a problem to replay the game, even more interesting.

Good luck with a game.

Also, I probably missed, but will it be released on steam?

Reactions: Mipecio

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
That's really great to hear. Personally if I had to choose between solo romantic path and harem I'd always go with solo, especially if it's done good. If there are few girls, not a problem to replay the game, even more interesting.

Good luck with a game.

Also, I probably missed, but will it be released on steam?
I personally like replaying games and trying different paths to see how dialogue and stories change. That is my goal for Shards of the Past, to have diversity in the scenes and choices that a new playthrough still seems rewarding.

I am planning a Steam release. I wanted to focus on getting a few updates out first before going live on steam. I am planning on doing early access so anyone that wants to purchase just needs to buy the game once and then will get all the updates as they become available.

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
I personally like replaying games and trying different paths to see how dialogue and stories change. That is my goal for Shards of the Past, to have diversity in the scenes and choices that a new playthrough still seems rewarding.
Nice to hear. I also always like to play like that, and I have multiple saves for each girl :D

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The latest version of Shards of the Past v0.2.0 is available for download.

Continue your story as you find out more about the young man you rescued, learn of possible new companions as well as new enemies and start to delve deeper into this world and it's history. By the end of the update you will be ready to set off on what will be an exciting and perilous adventure.

This release contains the following new content and updates:

• Increased the size of the Character Name font and the Dialogue font. Added a drop shadow to dialogue to improve readability.
  • Multiple updates to Chapter 1 script for grammar and punctuation.
  • Continuation of your paths from Chapter 1. Each path has two versions of visuals and dialogue.
  • Audio files: 15 new music tracks and 6 new sound effects
  • Word Count: 41,000+ added for Chapter 2
  • New Gallery Images: 5
  • New Achievements: 5
Feel free to leave any comments or feed back below, on the Discord or you can always message me directly. I hope you enjoy the update and I look forward to continuing our journey as we develop the story even more.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1692736664924.png
Young man? Man? What about the beauty incarnate babes we would have to pursue.
We thought we were saving damsels from distress,
not bar fighting the hangover.

Continue your story as you find out more about the young man you rescued, learn of possible new companions as well as new enemies and start to delve deeper into this world and it's history.
We demand some adventuring with her ... even Jack sparrow got french kissed by a married woman and Orlando Bloom had nothing to say or do before, in the mean time or after,
to dissuade her.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Shards of the Past [v0.2.0] [Garou24]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Pgazet

Aug 4, 2019
Cool I will try it hoping for real choices , I'm tired of all the VN with fake choices that change nothing to the story and it's like 90% of all the non-kinetic VN , only a few of them did it the right way even if the changes are minor and I know that it's complicated to manage all the different paths without getting too far from the main story .

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes