VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
probably not since dev avoids that question
Dev didn't avoid the topic
Harem is something I have been working on, but I wanted to finalize all the solo romance paths first so I could see where it made sense to open up a possibility for a harem based on your choices and the relationships you have established. It makes sense given the nature of the game, you and your band of adventures together, this type of dynamic is bound to present itself. I just didn't add the tag because while I have ideas on it, I had not written anything in stone. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up until I have the scenes and storyline finalized for a harem.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What does it mean by Branson playthrough?
Does it mean I have to load up a save file where Branson watches Caleb molest his sister in his castle, or something else?
Cause my canon playthrough has been Branson trying to save his sister.

Tbh, I don't really care about getting every single achievement, but I do want to see all the images in the gallery; and at the moment, it's just missing that one last image and kinda keen on getting that last image, heh.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
I'm missing the 7th gallery pic (the last one of the previous release as well as the last of this one)! What path do I need to take to get that, anyone?

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
Does it mean I have to load up a save file where Branson watches Caleb molest his sister in his castle, or something else?

Tbh, I don't really care about getting every single achievement, but I do want to see all the images in the gallery; and at the moment, it's just missing that one last image and kinda keen on getting that last image, heh.

Reactions: JJJ84 and SpecterX

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Garou24 another great job with the update.
Qinara & MC's first meet flashback was well done, and that event with Raelynn & Maggie was nice.

And I quite dig Viviara as a character and her entrance revealed a lot about her characterization I think.

banner.png

So, from left to right MC & main LIs;
Viviara, Qinara, MC, Kaela, ???

What is the name of the ??? LI?
From what I could see of her render in main menu, seems like she's either a.....pirate, or at least a sailor?

And characters like Elwyn, Isolde are gonna be side girls? Are there more side girls planned or are they it?

Ahhh..... I see.
Thanks for the info.
Meh, I guess I'll just leave that image as locked then.
Feeling too lazy to go all the way back to the beginning to unlock it (and I'm guessing there will be more of these with that path).

Would be nice if someone could have a gallery unlocker for the game, but if not, it is what it is (shrugs).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Abhai and Garou24

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
I guess event with Raelynn is one of these random encounters. Are we ever going to see these characters again or is it more of a one time thing? What's the significance of the question at the end? Does it automatically determine epilogue for this random event without further participation of mc?

Bella Von Halen

Oct 10, 2020
Garou24 another great job with the update.
Qinara & MC's first meet flashback was well done, and that event with Raelynn & Maggie was nice.

And I quite dig Viviara as a character and her entrance revealed a lot about her characterization I think.

View attachment 3538472

So, from left to right MC & main LIs;
Viviara, Qinara, MC, Kaela, ???

What is the name of the ??? LI?
From what I could see of her render in main menu, seems like she's either a.....pirate, or at least a sailor?

And characters like Elwyn, Isolde are gonna be side girls? Are there more side girls planned or are they it?

Ahhh..... I see.
Thanks for the info.
Meh, I guess I'll just leave that image as locked then.
Feeling too lazy to go all the way back to the beginning to unlock it (and I'm guessing there will be more of these with that path).

Would be nice if someone could have a gallery unlocker for the game, but if not, it is what it is (shrugs).
the last girl name is Varisha

Last edited:

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
I guess event with Raelynn is one of these random encounters. Are we ever going to see these characters again or is it more of a one time thing? What's the significance of the question at the end? Does it automatically determine epilogue for this random event without further participation of mc?
Yes the Raelynn story was a random encounter. I was working on a couple more to try and release them all at the same time, but it was taking too long to develop, so I focused on finishing one. The others will get added over the next couple of releases. I have a list of them so the game will pick one you have not seen when a random event comes up once I have them all added. So everyone saw Raelynn's since it was the only one available to choose from. I have some small scenes written where you could meet them again and there are a couple of different possible outcomes. The encounter was a way to give more details about the current elf and human conflict and also a small intro for Viviara who can become a love interest later.

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021

For a Branson playthrough:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yes the Raelynn story was a random encounter. I was working on a couple more to try and release them all at the same time, but it was taking too long to develop, so I focused on finishing one. The others will get added over the next couple of releases. I have a list of them so the game will pick one you have not seen when a random event comes up once I have them all added. So everyone saw Raelynn's since it was the only one available to choose from. I have some small scenes written where you could meet them again and there are a couple of different possible outcomes. The encounter was a way to give more details about the current elf and human conflict and also a small intro for Viviara who can become a love interest later.
So we'll be able to choose which random encounter we get in the future?
That's quite refreshing, giving that freedom of choice, with each player possibly getting a different experience.

One thing I'd like to ask is, the game makes it a huge theme of the conflict between elves and humans, and other than those 2 races, there'se dwarves (as with having Damerek as a companion).
Will the MC's party encounter other races as we delve further and further into the story?
e.g. orcs, goblins, hobbits, gnomes, trolls, ogres, dragons etc etc (I'm no expert in fantasy genre, so I just brought up whatever race I could think of from popular pop culture media lol)

View attachment 3538937
Yup, that is Varisha, she will come into the story a little later.
Can't say about the personality cause the character didn't appear in game yet, but in terms of pure character design (look and outfit worn), gotta say she may just be the favorite out of all 4 main LIs. :love:

And that whole belt and pistol, yuuuuuup. Give her a cutlass in addition and I'll totally believe her as a pirate. :KEK:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Abhai

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
I played 0.3.1 and it is nice looking, pretty girls etc... but as the game is now, mostly just some story and eye candy. Must be hard to be a good looking MC that none of the ladies wants to have sex with. Maybe I missed something with one of the choices, but I did not go back and try anything else.

Story is ok, characters are ok, but I did not really get attached to anyone.

good luck
peace

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I feel like I still got a decent amount of content to go just now leaving the Village. But I had to come and applaud you dev for one thing in this game so far. The way you make me hate the humans in this game and feel made for Qinara is done really good. Not sure if it's just cause of the format of this being a AVN or what but when I played Witcher 3 I never felt like any hatred towards the humans being racist again the non humans, like I do in this game so far.

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
I feel like I still got a decent amount of content to go just now leaving the Village. But I had to come and applaud you dev for one thing in this game so far. The way you make me hate the humans in this game and feel made for Qinara is done really good. Not sure if it's just cause of the format of this being a AVN or what but when I played Witcher 3 I never felt like any hatred towards the humans being racist again the non humans, like I do in this game so far.
Use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you.

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes