VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Generally speaking great update. I just have some very minor nitpicks.

The "accidental slip of the tongue" exposition "teasing" is starting to be anvilicious. Once should be enough really.

And like, I get what kind of game it is, but it's trying to set up serious story and you dress your elven warlord in that? Either make them all stripperific or nobody. She straight up doesn't look like she belongs in this game

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
harem or no harem ill play this as I dont really like harems. This game seems interesting enough to me . Plus to me harems rarely ever make any sense in most games and there is just something about solo paths I find more rewarding. That and well the romance usually more rushed in harems. Doesnt seem like that will be the case here. So (y) (y) (y)
yeah, harems don't make sense for me as well hence i don't like them, it's great that Dev will be focused on solo paths, i like replaying and trying different paths, especially when they are rewarding, definitely gonna try this game, hope it will be on steam without any problems as well.
I am with you on this, guys, I always would go with a solo path, and it seems in this game it will be very rewarding, not just few different dialogues since it will be the main focus from Garou24

Also I think that there is no romance and just a very little of wholesome moments on harem paths, because it's usually more about corruption and lust rather than love, so at the end in majority of cases harem looks more like a soulless fuckfest to me, which is boring and doesn't make any sense.
I usually prefer romance and a good story, and I think it will 2 out of 2 for me in this game. I am just waiting for more chapters before buying it on steam.

I used to feel like this but at somepoint almost every game on here you need to restart because an update broke your saves or dev changes variables so you need to start from the begining. Because of this i i cant see all the content i want in one playthrough il pass its much easier to get back to where i was on one save vs 6+ just dont have time for that nonsense
Well, you can use magic CTRL-skip button, in a matter of few moments you will skip all content you have seen right to the new content. renpy is very convenient on this matter. It's usually more complicated when the game is a complex sandbox, I agree, but I don't think it is the case with this game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Garou24, if you end up deciding to do a harem route with all the LIs (and taking into account that you have already stated that a harem route exists, that you need at least 3 LIs for it and you have 4 in the game, I don't think it would be that difficult include the last one), I think I will be interested in the game. In any case, I'll pass on it for now.

Thanks for the game and good luck.

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
I am with you on this, guys, I always would go with a solo path, and it seems in this game it will be very rewarding, not just few different dialogues since it will be the main focus from Garou24

Also I think that there is no romance and just a very little of wholesome moments on harem paths, because it's usually more about corruption and lust rather than love, so at the end in majority of cases harem looks more like a soulless fuckfest to me, which is boring and doesn't make any sense.
I usually prefer romance and a good story, and I think it will 2 out of 2 for me in this game. I am just waiting for more chapters before buying it on steam.
well, yes, it's to be expected, in harem games things like relationship developing are usually rushed, I mean, MC basically has to fuck all the LIs in a game, there is no time for lovey dovey things with every LI, in this case the game would be endless - so you just get to it right away(
so eventually - yeah - there can't be any romantic feelings in this case, you just fuck one LI after another, sometimes few of them at once (or even all) - like you said - fuck fest (even though I don't like this word)

though I have to admit there are at least few games with harem-paths where this whole relationship-thing is handled more or less in a decent way.

and yeah, it's absolutely unbelievable, - all girls are okey with sharing MC lol, - that's when you understand that they are just empty NPCs. Some Devs try to justify it by turning all LIs into BI, which is even more far fetched.. it makes no sense at all and it pulls me away from playing it.

also I like games with high replay ability - when you choose a path and get some unique content, that's cool.
I play harems as well of course, but always would choose a mono over harem if it's possible, or partial if I like few LIs.
At the end, it's a matter of taste of course, somebody is determined to have all the girls in the game alongside with a good story, and some "weirdos" like me:LOL: - mostly prefer monogamous routes with a good story and lot of wholesome moments.

What tags are planned?
OP => Dev Notes

Last edited:

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Garou24 A most excellent update. My only complaint is that it ended before I was ready to stop playing it... maybe you can fix that in the next release :p

PS. I see some talk about for/against harem. Either or for me, but I'll certainly be a happy camper if I can wrap up the adventure with a pair of gorgeous elves!

xert13

Sep 24, 2023
I liked the previous release of the game. Nice renders and decent story. Any actual sex yet?

Mipecio

Oct 3, 2021
well, yes, it's to be expected, in harem games things like relationship developing are usually rushed, I mean, MC basically has to fuck all the LIs in a game, there is no time for lovey dovey things with every LI, in this case the game would be endless - so you just get to it right away(
so eventually - yeah - there can't be any romantic feelings in this case, you just fuck one LI after another, sometimes few of them at once (or even all) - like you said - fuck fest (even though I don't like this word)

though I have to admit there are at least few games with harem-paths where this whole relationship-thing is handled more or less in a decent way.

and yeah, it's absolutely unbelievable, - all girls are okey with sharing MC lol, - that's when you understand that they are just empty NPCs. Some Devs try to justify it by turning all LIs into BI, which is even more far fetched.. it makes no sense at all and it pulls me away from playing it.

also I like games with high replay ability - when you choose a path and get some unique content, that's cool.
I play harems as well of course, but always would choose a mono over harem if it's possible, or partial if I like few LIs.
At the end, it's a matter of taste of course, somebody is determined to have all the girls in the game alongside with a good story, and some "weirdos" like me:LOL: - mostly prefer monogamous routes with a good story and lot of wholesome moments.
Yeah, I agree, and I have similar preferences too. I personally prefer more story heavy games with slow burn romances over mindless fuckfest games. PH is for that if I wanted quick fap material.

What I don't like about harem games is not only that it feels ridiculous to me that all the women would be totally fine with it, but everything usually happens really fast too. Harem games usually have tons of women too, leaving less time to spend with each one, and they all end up being empty shells with no personality. I'm not against it as long as it is optional, and with only a handful of women in this game, I think it would be more doable if done right. I would still like to see some drama and fights over the MC even if they all end up being in his harem. Also, staying loyal should be rewarded too ;)

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Well, you can use magic CTRL-skip button, in a matter of few moments you will skip all content you have seen right to the new content. renpy is very convenient on this matter. It's usually more complicated when the game is a complex sandbox, I agree, but I don't think it is the case with this game.
il be honest i dont have the patience to o that from the beging for each path id be interested in even in harem games where its only save that shit pisses me off. Not to mention some of the few times i have done that the dev wants to be realistic and have the girl who path im not one in the current save be in a relationship with someone else which leaves a bad taste for me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Not to mention some of the few times i have done that the dev wants to be realistic and have the girl who path im not one in the current save be in a relationship with someone else which leaves a bad taste for me.
Not sure if ive seen this in any of the games ive played yet maybe 1 but I cant think of any right now lol. tbh this is something I do wish more devs would do , tho I get why it's not for everyone especially if you are still at the stage of deciding who you like and you don get on a path right away. Something that should only be done via dialogue and not shown. Tho I will say if a dev does do this it should only be done with 1 or 2 LI at the most an only at the mid way - or towards the end of a game.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 487mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Reactions: Garou24
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes