VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Correct. I think I misread the earlier reply. No relatives of the MC are involved in anything.
I'm surprised cause the girls look so much a like I figured they were all siblings in the banner. In most VN's if the girls in the banner look alike, it's usually because they are all a family and MC is the brother/father. Unfortunate.

I also don't like the choice to prostitute a love interest even if optional.

I wish you a good day and good luck. You'll receive a lot of feedback in time, but remember, eve if it's negative, take out the most useful bits and make your game better and don't just focus on the positives. I tend to look at negative reviews than positive ones because they have more useful kernels of information :)

Peace!

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Not much to judge as 0.1.0 dosent have that much of content. Models are good, renders are good, it has music. Character and story wise ? -> has potential but im worried of the mix of fantasy and sci fi. Its also hard to tell how deep the characters are developet. Sad to see no Harem is planned.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
I have an animation in this version now, but it's so small I didn't want to advertise it. It was more to test doing one and incorporating it. If things go well, I would like to include more in the future. I just wanted to get more experience with them before telling players to expect them.

Incest - Currently the incest is in a later part of the story and depends on which path you take; it would be between you the male character and 2 sisters.

Sharing - This is part of a random encounter I had written for later in the game. You and your group come across traveling merchants. One of them has an item you want, but you have nothing he wants in trade... or do you? His gaze sure is lingering on your female companion...
Hmm I see, first of all thanks for sharing and clarifying the content of your game from the beginning, this will avoid conflicts and inconveniences later (I hope).
It looks very good, I wish you luck and if you allow me (just a suggestion) if the game is not going to focus on "share" (which from what you say is more prostitution, but I'm not going to discuss that), don't highlight it too much, since that ends up bringing more problems than solutions (people who will want more, or people who will want less), the best thing you can do is focus on your story in your own way, without listening to those who ask of more or less content.

PS: I know, a lot of text :ROFLMAO:, but I hope it helps you, good luck.

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
... an epic story of your making.
WHEEELLHAA ,,, all-righty then.. so what percentage to the 'gross' intake can i expect to see in My Royalty check (swagger swagger) ?? :sneaky: :devilish: :D... come on Garou24, We can do this!! (y):cool:

Dec 8, 2020
Dont thing the dev thought the sharing through that would have to be a major story split for one sharing scene a mc that is willing to prostitute a li and a li that will agree to it is not just one scene that would affect the mc and li and dev is making it seem like a minor scene unless that is the mc personality to prostitute a companion then that would just make it more skippable than avoidable. To me it seems like adding it just to add it without thinking past it.

Cpt.SumTingWong

Mar 23, 2018
Sharing - This is part of a random encounter I had written for later in the game. You and your group come across traveling merchants. One of them has an item you want, but you have nothing he wants in trade... or do you? His gaze sure is lingering on your female companion...
Can't wait :PogChamp:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
And she just goes along with it without question? A LI willing to fuck anybody? That itself is going to create issues with some people.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Reminds me a bit of a (recently abandoned) game that wasn't resonating with players...same genre, similar setting, good renders, no harem.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hmm I see, first of all thanks for sharing and clarifying the content of your game from the beginning, this will avoid conflicts and inconveniences later (I hope).
It looks very good, I wish you luck and if you allow me (just a suggestion) if the game is not going to focus on "share" (which from what you say is more prostitution, but I'm not going to discuss that), don't highlight it too much, since that ends up bringing more problems than solutions (people who will want more, or people who will want less), the best thing you can do is focus on your story in your own way, without listening to those who ask of more or less content.

PS: I know, a lot of text :ROFLMAO:, but I hope it helps you, good luck.
I think it's better to highlight it because then people will know if the game is for them or not. I agree with the rest of what you said about the Dev doing what they want with the game though. :)

Reactions: İlke Kurtluteoe

tanertura

Nov 26, 2021
View attachment 2587461

Overview:
While returning from what was supposed to be a routine trading trip to a nearby town, a young man is pulled into an epic story of your making. Along the way you will meet new people and see incredible sights as you travel across the continent seeking to solve a great mystery. What you find will cast doubt in your beliefs and history as you know it, while allowing you to create a future of bright exploration or epic destruction. With a branching narrative and multiple possible outcomes, you shape the story with your actions and choices.​

Thread Updated: 2023-05-01
Release Date: 2023-04-30
Developer: Garou24 - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - GDRIVE -
Linux: MEGA - GDRIVE -
Mac: MEGA - GDRIVE -

View attachment 2587496 View attachment 2587498 View attachment 2587499 View attachment 2587501 View attachment 2587500 View attachment 2587494 View attachment 2587495
thanks and good luck with the game.

salkrim

Jul 8, 2021
I like the game so far but I'm not a fan of "renpy.block_rollback()" on every choice we make. We (the players) can just save before any choice is taken and load the save to go back. This makes the players waste time on saving and re-loading and you (the developer) on programing it in. It's really not necessary imho but what do I know :)

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Correct. I think I misread the earlier reply. No relatives of the MC are involved in anything.
Enjoyed my first play through. Is this a solo love interest game? Or is a harem an option? I've seen a few ask in here, but haven't seen an answer. Thank you ✌

Reactions: privetin13

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Garou24 there's no mention of harem in tag or dev note. Is it planned?
Harem is something I have been working on, but I wanted to finalize all the solo romance paths first so I could see where it made sense to open up a possibility for a harem based on your choices and the relationships you have established. It makes sense given the nature of the game, you and your band of adventures together, this type of dynamic is bound to present itself. I just didn't add the tag because while I have ideas on it, I had not written anything in stone. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up until I have the scenes and storyline finalized for a harem.

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
And she just goes along with it without question? A LI willing to fuck anybody? That itself is going to create issues with some people.
This option will only present itself if you the player have made similar darker choices before in the game. You also will need to have a more controlling relationship with that LI and she doesn't go along with it immediately. She baulks at the idea and it is not until you manage to convince her through dialogue options that she would go along with it. And this can have negative results afterwards. Its avoidable as well, you have other ways to getting to the same goal, I wanted to add it for players to explore some of the more "the ends justify the means" types of choices. It was just an example and is not written to take place until further in the story where your character would have built up to a choice like that.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] Unofficial Android Port

- 487mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes