VN Others Completed Shiny Days [0verflow]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
From the ending summaries I've read(an unfortunate necessity after one route in school days that wasn't listed as a bad end, but felt like one) I imagine you're referring to the one where Makoto comes on to Kotonoha out of loneliness and she smacks some sense into him before sending him to Paris to reunite with Setsuna?
Yea that's the one I'm talking about. But not just the scene itself, there was buildup beforehand like a scene where she talks to her mother about Makoto already having a girlfriend and decides not to keep pursuing him because it wouldn't be right and she wouldn't want someone doing it to her if she was dating Makoto. So not only does she take the girlfriend role seriously when it's her but she sticks to her principles even if she's on the other side of the fence. In return, Sestuna had her back during Kotonoha's main branch ending. She has another ending in the side branch that's really cute. Might be my all time favorite outcome in regards to both games. Either that or the above mentioned route where Setsuna wins and they become friends.
Really they're both so great and deserve a better friend than fucking Sekai who doesn't think twice about stabbing either of them in the back the second it suits her.

Yeah, there were points in the first game where I either felt sorry for or on occasion really disliked either Kotonoha or Sekai.
Sure I felt sorry for Sekai while she was dating Taisuke because of how sad and pathetic she looked. I'm only human. Doesn't excuse her behavior in any of the other routes though or make her not a horrible person.
As for Kotonoha I can't say she ever did anything to make me dislike her. Even after playing through both games multiple times. She has a very strong sense of morals and fairness, and is a very nice girl in general. She only ever gets hostile and aggressive if she feels she's been severely wronged first. I don't blame her for anything.

And +1 on Taisuke. He gets even worse in Cross Days and the anime where he straight up rapes Kotonoha rather than being coercive. Can't even say Sekai deserves that fucker. But then again she'd be fine sicking him on someone else.

Cthulhu87

Jun 4, 2017
To be fair, only in one route did my opinion for Kotonoha stray into dislike, it was a far more common emotion I felt for Sekai. I haven't moved on to Cross Days yet, though I will at some point if only for a little more time to spend with these characters who for the most part I adore. Still, I suppose one of the reasons to like Shiny/Summer Days more than its predecessor is that Taisuke isn't in it. Or at least I haven't seen him yet in the few routes I've played. Hopefully, that doesn't change as I enjoy the story so much more without him. Although, I suppose a series does occasionally need a character you just want to beat into the ground.

Kind of like Shinji from the Fate franchise. Still, at least the original F/SN visual novel had an option in one of the routes to punch his face in. If only there was some decent 'Days' fanfiction to satisfy my desire for a similar thing for Taisuke.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
To be fair, only in one route did my opinion for Kotonoha stray into dislike, it was a far more common emotion I felt for Sekai. I haven't moved on to Cross Days yet, though I will at some point if only for a little more time to spend with these characters who for the most part I adore. Still, I suppose one of the reasons to like Shiny/Summer Days more than its predecessor is that Taisuke isn't in it. Or at least I haven't seen him yet in the few routes I've played. Hopefully, that doesn't change as I enjoy the story so much more without him. Although, I suppose a series does occasionally need a character you just want to beat into the ground.

Kind of like Shinji from the Fate franchise. Still, at least the original F/SN visual novel had an option in one of the routes to punch his face in. If only there was some decent 'Days' fanfiction to satisfy my desire for a similar thing for Taisuke.
Cross Days isn't translated so you won't really be able to play it unless you know Japanese. I was just watching some of the endings on YouTube out of curiosity and reading the wiki. And no Taisuke doesn't show up in Shiny Days. Hikari mentions him a few times but that's it as far as I recall.

Shinji is a completely different topic but I was always thought he was largely a wasted character. He's been friends with Shirou for a long time and cared enough about him to send his sister over to take care of him while his arm was broken. Then they fell out after Shirou left the archery club. Yet their prior friendship never comes into play in any of the routes and all Shinji does is be an unlikable prick who could have just as easily been a random schoolyard bully and the story would be no different.
Since we're on Fate, best girl=Illya. Best girl with a route=Sakura. Honorable mention to Caren.

Cthulhu87

Jun 4, 2017
Illya was supposed to have a route in the original VN, but the creator ran out of time and merged some of what he had been able to make into the Heaven's Feel Route. If you read fanfiction, try Chaos Theory.

No translation yet for Cross Days? Eh, alas. I'll add it to the list of things I am waiting for a translation for. Like 'I Walk Among Zombies Vol. 3'. The first two of that series got me hooked on the plot and I have been stuck waiting for the third one to get a translation.

That said, going to limit any more going off topic(I started it I know) so I don't get in trouble. :)

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Illya was supposed to have a route in the original VN, but the creator ran out of time and merged some of what he had been able to make into the Heaven's Feel Route. If you read fanfiction, try Chaos Theory.

No translation yet for Cross Days? Eh, alas. I'll add it to the list of things I am waiting for a translation for. Like 'I Walk Among Zombies Vol. 3'. The first two of that series got me hooked on the plot and I have been stuck waiting for the third one to get a translation.

That said, going to limit any more going off topic(I started it I know) so I don't get in trouble. :)
I heard it was something way more stupid like they decided against an Illya route because she's a loli and the other routes all have H scenes so the game would be more accessible to normies who might get offended by loli content if they just took the route out. But who knows, maybe it was a bit of both. I would gladly take the route without H scenes if it's that big an issue.

Anyway, guess I won't ask if that Zombie thing is any good in that case.

extremely helpful after the post that shows i finally downloaded it successfully. my hero
No problem m8. Hope you enjoy the game.

HammersFan

Jun 21, 2020
Could not get myself to do any of the routes where Makoto dies, except the one where Kotonoha kills him for being a pedophile.

Itaru is just so adorable and I feel bad knowing who her dad is, lol.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Could not get myself to do any of the routes where Makoto dies, except the one where Kotonoha kills him for being a pedophile.

Itaru is just so adorable and I feel bad knowing who her dad is, lol.
Is that something that was censored out of the English version? I never got that ending. From what I saw Makoto doesn't die in any of the Shiny Days endings.

HammersFan

Jun 21, 2020
Is that something that was censored out of the English version? I never got that ending. From what I saw Makoto doesn't die in any of the Shiny Days endings.
Now that I think about it, aside from that yea, Makoto does not die, actually.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Oh shit, I remember that ending. I guess it just didn't register for me what happened or it was too ambiguous. Looks like you don't see it happen on screen like with the School Days endings either. Okay thanks.

HammersFan

Jun 21, 2020
I would hesitate to call it a bad ending though, considering two sick pedophiles end up dying lol.

May 9, 2020
In the beginning of your walkthrough for the Paris for Four route, you missed a choice before "You're Cute When You Smile" I think? Unless you just didn't add it in, it confused me when the option popped up trying to follow it, I ended up not choosing an option and then the option to tell Setsuna that she's cute when she smiles came after skipping. I have no idea if the options before that have any effect on the game.

The options are "Is it a sexy job?" and "Where is it?" After that, if you skip the option to tell her that she's cute when she smiles pops up. I don't know if it still follows up with telling her that shes cute when she smiles if you choose either of the two options before this.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Length: Very long (> 50 hours)
Size: 15.5GB
Genre:
Heroine's Mother as a Heroine, Interactive Movie, Kyonyuu Heroine, Waitress Heroine, More Than Seven Heroines, Impregnation, More Than Seven Endings, Threesome Ending, Beach, Twin Sister Heroines, Cafe, Cowgirl, Reverse NTR, Shimaidon with Twins, Unbeknown Incest, Blowjob, Drama, Completion Status Indicator, Adult Heroine, Lots of Choices, Oyakodon, Timed Choices, Shimaidon, Romancing a Family, Student Protagonist, Twin Tail Heroine, Missionary Position, Early Branching Plot, Sexual Child Abuse, Multiple Protagonists, Evil Route, Festival, Footjob, Ejaculation Choice, Doggy, Attempted Rape, Male Protagonist, Lolicon
o.0

djerikou

May 7, 2020
This is what I came to this thread for.

Also, for any people wondering about malware: It's a false positive. I purchased this game and the download directly from JAST is recognized by many anti-virus applications as malware.

RF1234

Oct 27, 2019
All the link don't work beside torrent I don't like using that one oh well guess I won't play it.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
All the link don't work beside torrent I don't like using that one oh well guess I won't play it.
Just use the torrent. It's already pre patched with the update and content restore so it's just download and play. More convenient than doing it yourself. Or at least try getting it on another website. This isn't the only place for pirating games.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
After watching the MCs (not MC's since it's multiple chars) slow descent to madness in School Days and probably one of my favorite endings, (I just love it when people kill sooo just ignore me) I became kinda interested in this but the dam- 15 GB is making me go "nope, size is too big to download".

To you guys that played this before, are there more f-ed up endings? I don't really give a dam- about good happy ones so please help a totally normal person with a teeny tiny bit of sadistic tendency and uhh is it worth downloading 15+ GB?...
@ w@b

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote