5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I think the "issue" is that even in the chapter 5 zip file, the folder is named Short_Sad_Stories-1.0-pc.
It's just the name of the folder, it contains all the chapters. But it's a bit confusing.
Pent Panda, I think you should rename this folder after each new update, so people won't be wondering if they have download the right version.
thanks .. your explanation help was great (y)
maybe i should just label each folder like that ..... so as not to confuse me again :unsure:
i'm old and i get confused alot :LOL:

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
Hey , New here , why this game has so many error ??
Hi, I don't know about the errors. Did you try the official and free version of the game? You can find it , in itch.io. Please, let me know if it works fine, or what error do you find in that version. Thank you.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Hey , New here , why this game has so many error ??
There must be something in your setup, because I have played the 5 available chapters and didn't get any issue.
I'm a Patreon, so the version I played is a bit different form the one here, but I doubt there will be so much difference that the free one will be totally bugged. And if it was the case, others will complain about theses issues.

Also, if you want the dev to help you, you should provide more information than "game has so many error".
Because, even if Pent Panda has created 2 games about mutants, I don't think he is one of them himself. So he certainly lack the superpower to guess what issues you have encounter without more data...
:)

Reactions: Pent Panda

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
Here ... is error trace file , near ending point.
I see. That would be a single error, but it's about chapter 5. That chapter is only available for patreons. You just finished the free demo. I will publish more for free next month.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I just finished the first chapter, and I think I need a little break before I continue playing. One of my best impulse buys in a while, this game really impressed me Beautiful renders, creative use of Renpy mixing the real and imagined, and gripping story.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I just finished the first chapter, and I think I need a little break before I continue playing. One of my best impulse buys in a while, this game really impressed me Beautiful renders, creative use of Renpy mixing the real and imagined, and gripping story.
The first chapter is heavy.
The following are also, but there are some funny and even silly moments that lightens the atmosphere.
This game has a darkest tone than the other games of Pent Panda. But I think there is hope the story won't ended in a total depressive way.
Like I wrote before, SSS is an emotional roller-coaster.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
The following are also, but there are some funny and even silly moments that lightens the atmosphere.

Like I wrote before, SSS is an emotional roller-coaster.
I haven't played any more yet (or read the thread) or any other games by Pent Panda, but after that first chapter I headed straight over to Patreon.

I really like stories that feel realistic, are well-written and with some emotional depth to them, so I'm really looking forward to see what's in store for me in next few chapters. Good to hear it's not all soul crushingly sad though ;)

I have to confess I'm a little confused about the releases though. Is there really no way to get all the chapters uncompressed?

Reactions: Pent Panda

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
I haven't played any more yet (or read the thread) or any other games by Pent Panda, but after that first chapter I headed straight over to Patreon.

I really like stories that feel realistic, are well-written and with some emotional depth to them, so I'm really looking forward to see what's in store for me in next few chapters. Good to hear it's not all soul crushingly sad though ;)

I have to confess I'm a little confused about the releases though. Is there really no way to get all the chapters uncompressed?
Hi, Jarulf. By becoming a Patreon you can download the full game or the stand-alone chapters in HD. You will find a link there only for patreons with these options. Thanks for joining!

Pent Panda

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2020
Hi, everyone!

Chapter 5 of Short Sad Stories is now available for free . Face second chances for better or worse, and meet two new characters: Mia and Rylee.

C5 Promo collage.png

There's a new "Gallery" option in the main menu, with looped replays of the unlocked intimate scenes. To access it, go to the main menu ("ESC" key on PC or "Menu" button on Android) and find the following screen:

Gallery tut.png

Click on the scene of interest and it will be displayed in a loop. To end the loop, press the "ESC" key on PC or "Back" button on Android (you can also wait for its end).

I hope you enjoy it! And remember that Chapter 6 is already available through .

PP.

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes