Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Should be in your Church room, bottom-right corner.
About pasting the files of the mod, I generally already make the "www" folder myself in the files (so that you can simply paste the Mod in the Game Folder directly), that might actually be your issue (if you now look into the "www" folder and see another "www", then that's what it means; simply drag the files out of my "www" folder and put them into the game's "www" folder).

Sometimes, I do have to update the mod between versions, but afaik, it's already the latest version, and upcoming future versions shouldn't much affect the Mod files so far (since they only modified the 2 Maps I changed on the v2.00, when Ch2 was initially released).
Do I also have to download the keyscript? doesn't seem to be working for me. I am not using mtool I am using the latest translation from ulmf if that makes a difference

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Do I also have to download the keyscript? doesn't seem to be working for me. I am not using mtool I am using the latest translation from ulmf if that makes a difference
Aaaa fk, I remembered now xDDD. Don't worry, I know what's the problem, I haven't yet updated the Mod for the Gaijinizer translation (the one from ULMF). I'll do it soon (was planning to do it when the Translation would be fully finished), but in the meanwhile, you can instead copy the Mod files from the Mods' "data" folder into the "data/Gaijinizer MV" folder of your Translated game:
1706372282632.png
Copy the files from inside this folder.

However, it will make some of the game content Untranslated, so if you don't want that, you might need to wait a bit until I get around to updating the Mod to work with Gaijinizer Translation, too.

As a quick explanation, this happens because the way Gaijinizer Translation works is by using a separate "data" folder to load into the game (which is the one Translated), that folder being the "Gaijinizer MV" folder within the "data" folder of the game (it's generated after you run the Translation Patch).

For Ch1, to have the Mod work for both Translated and Untranslated versions, I simply modified both the files for the "data" folder and the ones inside "data/Gaijinizer MV". I'll get to it for Ch2 (since obviously there were some changes in the files for the Translation, too).

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
Aaaa fk, I remembered now xDDD. Don't worry, I know what's the problem, I haven't yet updated the Mod for the Gaijinizer translation (the one from ULMF). I'll do it soon (was planning to do it when the Translation would be fully finished), but in the meanwhile, you can instead copy the Mod files from the Mods' "data" folder into the "data/Gaijinizer MV" folder of your Translated game:
View attachment 3300935
Copy the files from inside this folder.

However, it will make some of the game content Untranslated, so if you don't want that, you might need to wait a bit until I get around to updating the Mod to work with Gaijinizer Translation, too.

As a quick explanation, this happens because the way Gaijinizer Translation works is by using a separate "data" folder to load into the game (which is the one Translated), that folder being the "Gaijinizer MV" folder within the "data" folder of the game (it's generated after you run the Translation Patch).

For Ch1, to have the Mod work for both Translated and Untranslated versions, I simply modified both the files for the "data" folder and the ones inside "data/Gaijinizer MV". I'll get to it for Ch2 (since obviously there were some changes in the files for the Translation, too).
thanks! at least i know i'm not missing something and its just because being lazy. mtool is excellent i use it for other games but for me it can kind of be a hastle to setup again and again.

I could be wrong about this but I suspect some people who have game saves in chapter 2 can't load them because their global save says they should be in chapter 1. Just a thought for some peoples who are trying to load other people's saves and going wtf when they get errors. Some enemies aren't released until the story is in chapter 2 mode. I currently have two different games in 2 different chapters and basically am playing to lose because this game is too hard for me.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
thanks! at least i know i'm not missing something and its just because being lazy. mtool is excellent i use it for other games but for me it can kind of be a hastle to setup again and again.

I could be wrong about this but I suspect some people who have game saves in chapter 2 can't load them because their global save says they should be in chapter 1. Just a thought for some peoples who are trying to load other people's saves and going wtf when they get errors. Some enemies aren't released until the story is in chapter 2 mode. I currently have two different games in 2 different chapters and basically am playing to lose because this game is too hard for me.
I just updated the mod real quick, should work now with the Translation too (everything except the Item to allow you to Save anywhere). Download it again and it should work this time :)

As for the Saves, it should still work so long as you get Saves shared with their whole folder (including the Global info for the Meta Save), similar to how I share my Saves.
Indeed, if you simply share singular Save files, without the Global Save, you could have all sorts of issues. This game being heavily reliant on Meta Save mechanics, it's generally smart to just share the whole folder for its Saves each time (kind of how my Meta Save Mod functions, too).

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
Could someone be so kind to upload the latest version with the patch applied?
for what? Only the intro and recap was translated for chapter 2.If you didnt play this game yet, then just wait till chapter 2 gets fully translated, else you will complete chapter 1 and then wait 4 months for manual translation.

Paul-Lord

Jul 21, 2022
for what? Only the intro and recap was translated for chapter 2.If you didnt play this game yet, then just wait till chapter 2 gets fully translated, else you will complete chapter 1 and then wait 4 months for manual translation.
I mean by that logic just wait 2 years for the full game to be released and translated lol. We're all playing the game in parts here

Reactions: oofwagon

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
I just updated the mod real quick, should work now with the Translation too (everything except the Item to allow you to Save anywhere). Download it again and it should work this time :)

As for the Saves, it should still work so long as you get Saves shared with their whole folder (including the Global info for the Meta Save), similar to how I share my Saves.
Indeed, if you simply share singular Save files, without the Global Save, you could have all sorts of issues. This game being heavily reliant on Meta Save mechanics, it's generally smart to just share the whole folder for its Saves each time (kind of how my Meta Save Mod functions, too).
thanks bro, i want to be able to understand the game language so its kind of a balance between that as well. I now have the black sphere, white spear sword in the center of my room and the purple fire in the lower left coroner. This will help me only fight the demons i want. Because some of them are ugly af LOL and i can't bring myself to play it right now like i did the first shrift.

I would say at least 50% of them from chapter 1 look bad, haven't even seen any from chapter 2 yet.

Is there even a true mercy route? or does there appear to be one?

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
thanks bro, i want to be able to understand the game language so its kind of a balance between that as well. I now have the black sphere, white spear sword in the center of my room and the purple fire in the lower left coroner. This will help me only fight the demons i want. Because some of them are ugly af LOL and i can't bring myself to play it right now like i did the first shrift.

I would say at least 50% of them from chapter 1 look bad, haven't even seen any from chapter 2 yet.

Is there even a true mercy route? or does there appear to be one?
I'll also add to the Mod the Demons from Ch2 (probably when the last Demon of Ch2 also gets added) soon enough.

Currently, the Main Route is the "Mercy" one (or the Normal one so far), with the teasing of a potential Genocide route in the future (we see the option when capturing Demons, but it's not selectable currently).

Jan 8, 2019
I'll also add to the Mod the Demons from Ch2 (probably when the last Demon of Ch2 also gets added) soon enough.

Currently, the Main Route is the "Mercy" one (or the Normal one so far), with the teasing of a potential Genocide route in the future (we see the option when capturing Demons, but it's not selectable currently).
I dont think purify means kill, probably is purify from the emblem curse.

Rengar12

Aug 18, 2016
I'm pretty sure it does considering his first game was pacifist/neutral/genocide, and how he forced people to do mercy/neutral first

Reactions: JakeMSG

If443

Apr 14, 2018
I'm pretty sure it does considering his first game was pacifist/neutral/genocide, and how he forced people to do mercy/neutral first
Alan only did this because everyone who played SHIRFT 1 did start with Genocide than mercy or neutral , and he also did this when he launched EX4

kayest

Jan 17, 2021
i never did a genocide in shrift 1 never really killed anyone since at the very start the first enemy you fight leaves so that made me think you can make them all stop fighting

Reactions: JakeMSG

Script Bot

Sep 7, 2020
Alan only did this because everyone who played SHIRFT 1 did start with Genocide than mercy or neutral , and he also did this when he launched EX4
Not everyone. I got neutral end in the first run (or something like that). I just killed Arachne and i regret nothing.
Been forced to forgive every demon to get access to late content seems pretty forced. But i spared most of demons yeah.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
i never did a genocide in shrift 1 never really killed anyone since at the very start the first enemy you fight leaves so that made me think you can make them all stop fighting
Not everyone. I got neutral end in the first run (or something like that). I just killed Arachne and i regret nothing.
Been forced to forgive every demon to get access to late content seems pretty forced. But i spared most of demons yeah.
I went True Mercy from the first, although that's generally because I usually first play to unlock all Scenes, and True Mercy's how you get all the Demons.

But if you didn't have some Meta Knowledge of the game's routes, or paid attention to your Save's name (to see when you stray from True Mercy), you might still miss it When it Involves its first Meta-Mechanic (not seeing it and playing normally, without reloading previous Chapters at all, will always result in Neutral at best).

Reactions: Script Bot

Whymee45774

May 15, 2021
How do I finish the "Quest for Magic Essence" quest? I am stuck as the man only repeats the tutorial for me no matter how many times I decompose something.
This is a problem for me because I cannot synthesize the tengu fan because of this.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
I think something weird happened with my save file. I dont lose levels anymore and cant get any SP. Anyone knows how to fix this? Edit: Fixed it with mtool

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes