LuckyLuciano

Apr 11, 2020
How can I manually update my game from Ver. 8.06 to Ver. 8.07? I just got done with True Mercy route and was about to start the EX chapters when I found out I was playing an outdated version of the game, so I wanted to fix that before going on with the game. Is it even worth updating or is it just minor fixes and stuff?

On an unrelated note, I heard there were like 4 or 5 different Genocide routes, which ones do people recommend doing, as far as story/content goes?

Mlzaoi

Jun 8, 2021
How can I manually update my game from Ver. 8.06 to Ver. 8.07? I just got done with True Mercy route and was about to start the EX chapters when I found out I was playing an outdated version of the game, so I wanted to fix that before going on with the game. Is it even worth updating or is it just minor fixes and stuff?

On an unrelated note, I heard there were like 4 or 5 different Genocide routes, which ones do people recommend doing, as far as story/content goes?
I don't think there's a way to manually update(?) it without buying the new version on dlsite. It doesn't really matter if you run 8.06 or 8.07, besides a couple untranslated lines in ex4 in the latest translation patch (Ver. 3.4[8.07]). However, if you still want to get the most recent game version it was posted by FirstForm on page 97; be sure to say thanks!

Edit: And, for the geno routes, I think there all the same story wise. I can't recall exactly, but I think only pardoned and hypocrite differ from the others and that's just in terms of ending dialogue. So, overall your choice doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Not everyone. Some monsters are soooo clingy in battle that I pulverize them each time I ave a chance. Especially bunny and girl in cave. Ten steps - encounter- ten steps - encounter -> mass genocide.
Clingy? Encounter chance is entirely rng and isn't affected by the demon you face. Stupid Lampases were assaulting me every two steps I made in the shelter. You just were lucky with encounters in the beginning.

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
At least i'm not a murderer. Also how am I demon food?
You're not a murderer, you're a hypocrite. Following such stupid morals: when demons torture and kill humans it's fine, but when human dares to harm a demon they become an evil murderer. Such outrageous hypocrisy is worse than any excuses the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
comes up with.

You are a demon food because people are nothing but food for them and by "befriending" them you willingly become their food.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You're not a murderer, you're a hypocrite. Following such stupid morals: when demons torture and kill humans it's fine, but when human dares to harm a demon they become an evil murderer. Such outrageous hypocrisy is worse than any excuses the
comes up with.

You are a demon food because people are nothing but food for them and by "befriending" them you willingly become their food.
No one said demons killing humans is fine though? The hypocrite here is you. You kill all demons because they kill humans. By that logic, you should also kill all humans because some humans kill humans.
The game already showed some demons can live peacefully with humans like Echo, or are mercy killing humans like mother rabbit, or will actively protect humans under some circumstances like Barghest. It could be argued that Camazots parasitism isn't even killing since the Camazots essentially becomes that person to avoid their host being killed. I could go on. This is not to say all demons can be reasoned with though of course. Some like Arachne (who is a unique demon herself, it's not like there are a bunch of arachnes running around in each universe) aren't going to change their ways, but they can be dealt with case by case which is literally what Kazuya does in the epilogue.
Between possible coexistence and completely dooming everyone, humans included, I think I'll choose the former.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
some demons can live peacefully with humans like Echo
The original one, anyways. The others are kind of a "I'm going to rape you and force you to stay here and if you try to escape I'll brainwash you into staying" type.
or are mercy killing humans like mother rabbit
I'll give you this one, but I'd say usually living is preferable to dying.
or will actively protect humans under some circumstances like Barghest.
Yeah, and the other 90% of the time they'll hunt you down to rape you to death and consume your very soul.
It could be argued that Camazots parasitism isn't even killing since the Camazots essentially becomes that person to avoid their host being killed.
This is one of the exceptions to what I said earlier. I genuinely think that I would rather die than be nothing except a prisoner inside my own body because a parasite has taken over it.
Between possible coexistence and completely dooming everyone, humans included, I think I'll choose the former.
You do you, man. Call me crazy, but I just don't feel comfortable saying "hm yes today i will spare literal soul sucking demons because i can fuck one later even though the rest of the species is just gonna continue preying on humanity i sure do feel good about this".

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The original one, anyways. The others are kind of a "I'm going to rape you and force you to stay here and if you try to escape I'll brainwash you into staying" type.
And the one Kazuya befriended. In other words they can learn not to do that.
I'll give you this one, but I'd say usually living is preferable to dying.
My understanding is the ones she nursed had no chance to survive anyway. The soldier on the street was bleeding out and would be easy prey for the harpies, and the girl in the room was starved and injured.
Yeah, and the other 90% of the time they'll hunt you down to rape you to death and consume your very soul.
My point is they can and will cooperate with humans. They actively protect children and they seem open to being paid to do other jobs and will prioritize that over the mating instinct.
This is one of the exceptions to what I said earlier. I genuinely think that I would rather die than be nothing except a prisoner inside my own body because a parasite has taken over it.
I think the same thing as what happened with Echo could be achieved here. If the Camazots merely merged with the human instead of completely taking over the body, would there be an issue here?
You do you, man. Call me crazy, but I just don't feel comfortable saying "hm yes today i will spare literal soul sucking demons because i can fuck one later even though the rest of the species is just gonna continue preying on humanity i sure do feel good about this".
Again, I'm not saying all demons should be spared. I think some like Arachne should have been put down but at least Kazuya is keeping a leash on her and others.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

bwardyunbip

Dec 15, 2019
No one said demons killing humans is fine though? The hypocrite here is you. You kill all demons because they kill humans. By that logic, you should also kill all humans because some humans kill humans.
The game already showed some demons can live peacefully with humans like Echo, or are mercy killing humans like mother rabbit, or will actively protect humans under some circumstances like Barghest. It could be argued that Camazots parasitism isn't even killing since the Camazots essentially becomes that person to avoid their host being killed. I could go on. This is not to say all demons can be reasoned with though of course. Some like Arachne (who is a unique demon herself, it's not like there are a bunch of arachnes running around in each universe) aren't going to change their ways, but they can be dealt with case by case which is literally what Kazuya does in the epilogue.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wildor567

Feb 10, 2020
Also, can anyone help a boy out and provide a working save with the EX's unlocked? I don't really wanna trudge through the base game a 5th time. x-x

Mlzaoi

Jun 8, 2021
Also, can anyone help a boy out and provide a working save with the EX's unlocked? I don't really wanna trudge through the base game a 5th time. x-x
Here's a True Mercy save from . It also has the rewards for completing hardcore (Inf rocket launcher and proof of accomplishment) tho I wouldn't use the rocket launcher unless you want to steamroll nearly every enemy

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
All your arguments are completely nullified by the fact that to befriend a demon you first need to beat the shit out of it so that it stops trying to murder you. So even if strong people who can stop demons from killing them end up all friendly with demons, the weak ones, like women and children, are still gonna be genocided.
And on top of that, demons are invading world of humans, so trying to befriend them is like trying to befriend enemy soldiers who are actively trying to conquer your country.
If they really weren't all evil, genocide route wouldn't be so popular, to the point of developer throwing a tantrum about it.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
All your arguments are completely nullified by the fact that to befriend a demon you first need to beat the shit out of it so that it stops trying to murder you. So even if strong people who can stop demons from killing them end up all friendly with demons, the weak ones, like women and children, are still gonna be genocided.
And on top of that, demons are invading world of humans, so trying to befriend them is like trying to befriend enemy soldiers who are actively trying to conquer your country.
If they really weren't all evil, genocide route wouldn't be so popular, to the point of developer throwing a tantrum about it.
Kazuya literally came out of a couple years coma and fended off a demon with just a pistol. Beating weaker demons doesn't seem that difficult. It's just their unknown and diverse nature makes it hard to have a good strategy for fighting when there are probably as many types of demons as there are stars in the sky. And nothing is stopping those strong people from protecting the weak ones and the demons they befriended could help too. You know, like how mother rabbit punches the fuck out of a harpy to protect a child.
IIRC only very strong demons can come over on their own power, weaker demons need to tag along or get help from this side. Like from a certain human organization.
I doubt genocide is popular because "demon bad, must kill". It's popular because 99% of games don't give you the option to kill everyone in your path and get a unique storyline out of it.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Kazuya literally came out of a couple years coma and fended off a demon with just a pistol.
He literally has
that resides inside of him and gives him power in shape of magic, there's not a single way in which Kazuya can serve as an example of an average human. And that sudden burst of magic was the only reason he didn't get raped to death by the barghest that ambushed him.

And nothing is stopping those strong people from protecting the weak ones and the demons they befriended could help too
Those strong people who befriended demons would just be viewed as brainwashed or parasitised by demons and treated as enemies. You can't convince people that the monstrosities that were going on a murder spree literally yesterday are all good and fluffy now.

You know, like how mother rabbit punches the fuck out of a harpy to protect a child.
No, she didn't, harpies were pointlessly bashing their heads upon the glass of the window. The child was safe, locked in her room. She died after opening the door to the Mother Rabbit. If she didn't open the door, Kazuya might have been able to save her, because the town was invaded only a week before Kazuya's awakening, there's no way she might have died of starvation in a single week.

I doubt genocide is popular because "demon bad, must kill". It's popular because 99% of games don't give you the option to kill everyone in your path and get a unique storyline out of it.
You know, like how mother rabbit punches the fuck out of a harpy to protect a child.
Wrong again. Undertail also has genocide, but there's barely any people who actually prefer this route. People love genocide in Shrift because it's demons are actually evil, their entire being drives them to murder humans and sparing them is actually harmful for humanity, unlike monsters in Undertale who were mostly benign and didn't wish harm to anyone.

Edit: And besides, Hyakki flat out says that all the actual bloodthirsty monsters have already gone ahead to continue the conquest. Those demons would just murder Kazuya without wasting their time on bullshit like trying to rape or brainwash him.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 20 Votes