3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

Mahgni Mada

Aug 15, 2017
do i really need to repeat myself again? what part of " i just complained about there not being a tag of female player or info about it " you dont understand?¿?
for me is a waste of time because i dont like to play games as female is simply as that, there is nothing wrong with playing as female but for me is a question of taste, it doenst have to do anything with the game, the writing or the quality , i complained only about the tag so stop saying im disrecpectful for not sharing your taste in games or because you are misunderstanding my complaining for something else.

hope im clear now ;).
Regards
I didn't have a problem with what you were asking for, it's just the way you said it that came off as disrespectful, I would like to advise you to think a little more about what you're going to say before posting it in future comments :p

Reactions: pystudios

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
This is just for the taboo version of the game in which you have to enter a code at the start of the game to access, so it's all good :)
I get that, but that was my point, the taboos should be separated. I'd like to see the WS scenes and maybe some other fetishes depending on what's available, but I've no interest in scat, which is a big turnoff for me. Ideally, everything should be in every game, but it should always be optional. If I opt into one fetish it shouldn't be assumed that I'm into all of them.

Reactions: Mahgni Mada

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I get that, but that was my point, the taboos should be separated. I'd like to see the WS scenes and maybe some other fetishes depending on what's available, but I've no interest in scat, which is a big turnoff for me. Ideally, everything should be in every game, but it should always be optional. If I opt into one fetish it shouldn't be assumed that I'm into all of them.
You'll be able to avoid it. If I cannot set it up with menu options I can add a code for scat so don't worry.

Mahgni Mada

Aug 15, 2017
thanks for that never understood the shit,and piss fetish.
That's okay, you don't have to understand other peoples fetishes :) A fetish is just a preference that helps people get off more easily :3 There's some fetishes out there that even I don't understand, main ones being - Guro, Torture, Bestiality and Futa. If I don't understand I always try my best to respect it (I can't respect Guro though, it involves death and dismemberment, and to me that's just inhumane and unjustifiable :().

Reactions: pystudios

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I didn't have a problem with what you were asking for, it's just the way you said it that came off as disrespectful, I would like to advise you to think a little more about what you're going to say before posting it in future comments :p
i dont give a damm what you find disrecpectful, keep your advise to yourself ;)

Aug 22, 2017
The code is right there in the (uncompiled) scripts.rpy. Apparently to properly use this, you have to use 2 codes. Enter the first one, the game then asks you for additional code, then enter the other, this enables "Taboo" and "VIP"

"Incest is best" (no quotation marks, capitalization matters) for "Taboo"
"PY Studios" (ditto) for "Extra scenes" (VIP)

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
The code is right there in the (uncompiled) scripts.rpy. Apparently to properly use this, you have to use 2 codes. Enter the first one, the game then asks you for additional code, then enter the other, this enables "Taboo" and "VIP"
I asked that the extra scenes code not be shared and thanks to you it will be changed and encrypted with the next release. BTW it was not in the Scripts.rpy file so you didn't find the code someone must have gave it to you. Anymore problems and each individual patron will have their own code so I'll know who shared it.
Another thing, all the script files are compiled and archived, the term you are looking for is Unarchived and not uncompiled, when you extract them from the rpa, you're not uncompiling them you are simply unarchiving or unzipping the files, that's what the a means in rpa!!!!

Aug 22, 2017
I asked that the extra scenes code not be shared and thanks to you it will be changed and encrypted with the next release. BTW it was not in the Scripts.rpy file so you didn't find the code someone must have gave it to you. Anymore problems and each individual patron will have their own code so I'll know who shared it.
Another thing, all the script files are compiled and archived, the term you are looking for is Unarchived and not uncompiled, when you extract them from the rpa, you're not uncompiling them you are simply unarchiving or unzipping the files, that's what the a means in rpa!!!!
I just double checked. The file says .rpa but you can open it as a regular text file, ctrl-F for "Code" and there you go (may have to navigate some labels) I said uncompiled because most renpy-made games do not distribute the scripts at all, but only the compiled .rpyc bytecode. Now you can decompile that with tools (or just extract strings, or look at it in a hex editor, etc etc) so it doesn't work for obfuscation of such codery either.

As a general rule I would strongly recommend against doing this kind of thing. I'm very far from "Master Hacker" and people on F95 have figured the obfuscation and DRM schemes of much more competent people than yourself. It's wasting your own time and everyone elses, and only serves to make yourself look incompetent in the end. In fact, do distribute the game with scripts and all, as it allows for players to create fan patches, which will help you, and your patrons.

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Not adding the rpy to the archive is easy and no most people do not leave it out...
build.classify('game/**.rpy', None)
build.classify('game/**.rpyc', 'scripts')
build.archive("scripts", "all")
That will do it but is not what I was referring to but I added it anyway and like I said the passwords were not in the script.rpy file.
The encryption of the PASSWORD and not the scripts is what I was referring to and one would need to know python and not just ren'py to know what I'm talking about and not look incompetent by thinking tools to recover the rpy files would help retrieve the codes.

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I had been leaving the rpy files in so if anyone wanted to copy the calendar, phone, or other things they could I hadn't counted on someone who knows so little but wants people to think he knows more than he does post something I had asked not be shared.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
Dude - people are going to share the stuff you create on this website - that's kinda what this website is about. It's best not to fight it. In my humble opinion you shouldn't be holding stuff back for your "VIP" donors or whatever. You should be trying to put your best foot forward to try to get more Patrons. You want as many people as possible playing your full game right now and donating money to your efforts because they want to support you & your game. Attempting to hide content behind a paywall is just silly.

Reactions: icefield

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Dude - people are going to share the stuff you create on this website - that's kinda what this website is about. It's best not to fight it. In my humble opinion you shouldn't be holding stuff back for your "VIP" donors or whatever. You should be trying to put your best foot forward to try to get more Patrons. You want as many people as possible playing your full game right now and donating money to your efforts because they want to support you & your game. Attempting to hide content behind a paywall is just silly.
I have free apps in the Google store, apps I've worked on with Linux development teams that are open source, I worked on Lsongs a copy of iTunes written in python a long time ago. I wasn't hiding anything as as I said before I included the rpy files so other developers could borrow code if they wanted to and yes that put my passcodes out for script kiddies to retrieve but I wasn't even concerned with them getting it as you can read back a few pages and see. I didn't want it shared! I don't think that was too much to ask but a script kiddie wanted to act like he knew more than he did by sharing it. Updates have been coming out on average every 2 weeks, it'll take longer than that to crack the passcode and by then I'll have a new version and a new passcode. And now thanks to him I won't include the rpy files either.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
I have free apps in the Google store, apps I've worked on with Linux development teams that are open source, I worked on Lsongs a copy of iTunes written in python a long time ago. I wasn't hiding anything as as I said before I included the rpy files so other developers could borrow code if they wanted to and yes that put my passcodes out for script kiddies to retrieve but I wasn't even concerned with them getting it as you can read back a few pages and see. I didn't want it shared! I don't think that was too much to ask but a script kiddie wanted to act like he knew more than he did by sharing it. Updates have been coming out on average every 2 weeks, it'll take longer than that to crack the passcode and by then I'll have a new version and a new passcode. And now thanks to him I won't include the rpy files either.
It's your game, you can do what you want. I don't know what the difference between the VIP version is from the standard because I just played through the standard version. I assume the VIP version has more content? If so, that is what I meant about hiding more/bonus content behind a paywall.

A cracked version of Big Brother finds its way onto this site within an hour of each version being released. I don't pretend to know anything about codes or cracking games, but I'm guessing their game code is more complex than what you can create in renpy. If people want to crack your game, then they will.

At any rate, the whole point of my comment was to suggest it doesn't make sense to hide more/bonus content behind a paywall when you are so early on in development. To get more patrons you should put ALL the game's content out for the world to play. The more content you have, the more people will like your game. The more people that like your game, the more likely you are to get people to donate to your game. What the hell do I know though?

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
It's your game, you can do what you want. I don't know what the difference between the VIP version is from the standard because I just played through the standard version. I assume the VIP version has more content? If so, that is what I meant about hiding more/bonus content behind a paywall.
I stated there was only one scene so far in the extra scenes when I asked that the code not be shared. As far as BB everything about that game is simple from the wrapper that can be easily cracked to the older genesis 3 models and older models of the rooms that are less than 30MB and will render in just a few minutes. I know my rendering skills are not up to par and I should have took the easy route with genesis 3, renders would be quicker, I could buy all of the poses and not spend all the time I spend trying to convert genesis 3 poses then having to correct the errors the script left behind. I haven't seen an animation in BB and you can buy those for genesis 3, he may have them now I haven't played it in months other than one of the modded versions because it was moving too slow.
I wouldn't compare his wrapper being cracked to me, I may lack graphics capabilities but not encryption or coding.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
I stated there was only one scene so far in the extra scenes when I asked that the code not be shared. As far as BB everything about that game is simple from the wrapper that can be easily cracked to the older genesis 3 models and older models of the rooms that are less than 30MB and will render in just a few minutes. I know my rendering skills are not up to par and I should have took the easy route with genesis 3, renders would be quicker, I could buy all of the poses and not spend all the time I spend trying to convert genesis 3 poses then having to correct the errors the script left behind. I haven't seen an animation in BB and you can buy those for genesis 3, he may have them now I haven't played it in months other than one of the modded versions because it was moving too slow.
I wouldn't compare his wrapper being cracked to me, I may lack graphics capabilities but not encryption or coding.
OK - You are the best coder and encrypter in the world. No one can crack the code you put out. Let's assume that. I don't have enough knowledge to even come close to speaking intelligently about that.

The whole point of my comment, which you seem to be missing, is I don't think you should want to do that. For the reasons I stated above. You want everyone to play and love your game so much that they want to contribute money to you. The best way to do that is to release every scene to everyone and hold nothing back. Your game has promise, which is why I'm taking the time to comment on it. It's just my two cents - take it or leave it.

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
OK - You are the best coder and encrypter in the world. No one can crack the code you put out. Let's assume that. I don't have enough knowledge to even come close to speaking intelligently about that.

The whole point of my comment, which you seem to be missing, is I don't think you should want to do that. For the reasons I stated above. You want everyone to play and love your game so much that they want to contribute money to you. The best way to do that is to release every scene to everyone and hold nothing back. Your game has promise, which is why I'm taking the time to comment on it. It's just my two cents - take it or leave it.
I choose to leave it as you chose not to listen, I never said I was the best coder in the world, I said I'd have a new version with a new passcode out before it got cracked. That's your problem you don't listen just like the script-kiddie who shared the code. The openness of my previous posts to this site and previous statements about knowing people could easily find the code wasn't an issue as I'd had rather leave it open for other developers to use code they thought to be useful but one person has to mess it up for everybody. I don't know why I waste time trying to explain it to you as you either choose not to listen or lack understanding.

robbinrobbie

Aug 8, 2017
I choose to leave it as you chose not to listen, I never said I was the best coder in the world, I said I'd have a new version with a new passcode out before it got cracked. That's your problem you don't listen just like the script-kiddie who shared the code. The openness of my previous posts to this site and previous statements about knowing people could easily find the code wasn't an issue as I'd had rather leave it open for other developers to use code they thought to be useful but one person has to mess it up for everybody. I don't know why I waste time trying to explain it to you as you either choose not to listen or lack understanding.
I don't care about the coding behind it. Really don't. That was never the point of any of my comments, yet that is what you latched onto.

Forget about your ability to code for a second - Why do you want to do that? What is the benefit to hiding content from the public when you are you trying to get the general public to play and like your game so much that they want to donate money to you?

Stay with me here. I give a little bit to 4 or 5 devs a month on Patreon. I don't know anything about coding or how to find your VIP access code. I just download the vanilla game from here or your Patreon and play it. If I love it or like where you're going, I'll throw a couple bucks your way. In a scenario like this, don't you want someone to play the best version of your game to motivate them to donate? That was my main point the entire time.

Reactions: Mas92 and jonrage39
3.10 star(s) 9 Votes