Identify Sidescroller made by 曼珠沙華/Manjushaka? ("Ninja Sekiren")

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

digusttoast

Mar 1, 2024
Playing this game but i kept running to the left side when im not pressing anything, is there any way to fix it?

Legolas'ass

Apr 19, 2020
Jesus christ, I hope I don't sound too much like a noob but...
This second boss is fuckin ridiculous. I don't think I've ever gotten this angry at a boss, including the fromsoftware games.

All his moves do insane damage. Quick down slap? 1 heart out of 3. Sumo slam? 2 hearts. He also has counters as well, for some reason.
The second phase is bs.
That wind up for the spin looks like you can counter it, we learned that mechanic with shield enemies. I don't think you can, though. The wind-up is too quick to recognize, press E, and the animation of your character jumping onto them. And after a certain HP point, it starts tracking you in the air, and as soon as you land you get hit. Another 2 hearts. So if you do everything perfectly, all he has to do is the spin move twice, and it no longer matters. He has no cooldown on that thing.
The only thing that can interrupt it is your long fireball move. So you have to essentially predict him doing it. Also, your fireballs have no tracking, and I've had it fly over his head multiple times.
Not even gonna talk about his health pool.

TLDR: Sorry for the bitching, damn this game has hands

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
This second boss is fuckin ridiculous. I don't think I've ever gotten this angry at a boss, including the fromsoftware games.

All his moves do insane damage. Quick down slap? 1 heart out of 3. Sumo slam? 2 hearts. He also has counters as well, for some reason.
The second phase is bs.
That wind up for the spin looks like you can counter it, we learned that mechanic with shield enemies. I don't think you can, though. The wind-up is too quick to recognize, press E, and the animation of your character jumping onto them. And after a certain HP point, it starts tracking you in the air, and as soon as you land you get hit. Another 2 hearts. So if you do everything perfectly, all he has to do is the spin move twice, and it no longer matters. He has no cooldown on that thing.
The only thing that can interrupt it is your long fireball move. So you have to essentially predict him doing it. Also, your fireballs have no tracking, and I've had it fly over his head multiple times.

I kinda agree with part of the bitching.
Enemies for me are easy and combat is fluid...once you realize that combat flow is very different from normal (you can't beat the shit out of enemies till they die). In fact, I kinda love how fluid the motion is for our Kunoichi.

Sadly, it is all falling apart in the cave area. The amount of enemies, lack of space and the unusual mechanics of takedowns make it a chore to get through...and at the very end - probably the most annoying boss battle of the recent years.
Yes, I do think I had better time hardgrinding various Souls bosses or recent Wukong ones than this Biggus Dickus.
It is not hard, just super freaking annoying.

Still, I wish more enemies had a chance to grab&rape us. I find reverse rape mechanics to be quite underutilized here so good-old enemy grabs would be welcome.

Kyominaine

Apr 23, 2018

The second phase is bs.

Nah don’t even worry about it, that boss is just annoying for no reason. The worst part for me is the fact that your full combo doesn’t actually work, when the last hit deals the most damage. Your only real option is to do the first two hits, dodge to the other side, repeat until he either jump attacks or picks up a barrel. I did find after some time though that if you can somehow be in the middle of the combo while he tries to pick up a barrel, you can do the final hit and it cancels the barrel pick up. After that he starts trying again but if you just spam attack, he’ll just keep getting cancelled over and over. Took me about 9 attempts to finally beat the guy because unfortunately that cheese doesn’t last forever so you have to go back into slapping him twice and dodging for a tiny bit of damage

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
Was that boss on 2nd stage really that hard? I personally found him to be pretty well balanced and very fun to fight, and I'm not even an action game player as my reflex is often slow, I'm more of a turn based or slow combat player. Saying that it's harder than most DS bosses is a bit too far of a stretch but I guess that's just me.

The things I keep in mind are, whenever that boss comes running at me with his two hands raised up then that means that he's going to do an instant chop, to which I respond with 1 attack and then speed dodge behind him before doing another 1 attack or 2. Whenever the boss goes into a guard stance, I will do 2 consecutive attacks near him but without touching him and then hit with the 3rd attack right as he gets out of his guard stance. That 3rd attack does tons of damage compared to the first two. During his barrel phase, I make sure to be near him and attack him with 1 attack so I can be prepared to intercept him whenever he's trying to do his spin. If he ends up doing his spin, I jump and speed dodge in the opposite direction of his spin and so on.

That boss was tough at first yes, but it only takes knowing a bit about his patterns to make the fight against him fairly easy.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Was that boss on 2nd stage really that hard? I personally found him to be pretty well balanced and very fun to fight, and I'm not even an action game player as my reflex is often slow, I'm more of a turn based or slow combat player. Saying that it's harder than most DS bosses is a bit too far of a stretch but I guess that's just me.

The things I keep in mind are, whenever that boss comes running at me with his two hands raised up then that means that he's going to do an instant chop, to which I respond with 1 attack and then speed dodge behind him before doing another 1 attack or 2. Whenever the boss goes into a guard stance, I will do 2 consecutive attacks near him but without touching him and then hit with the 3rd attack right as he gets out of his guard stance. That 3rd attack does tons of damage compared to the first two. During his barrel phase, I make sure to be near him and attack him with 1 attack so I can be prepared to intercept him whenever he's trying to do his spin. If he ends up doing his spin, I jump and speed dodge in the opposite direction of his spin and so on.

That boss was tough at first yes, but it only takes knowing a bit about his patterns to make the fight against him fairly easy.
As I said - he wasn't hard himself. But boy, was it unfun to fight him with that pattern and mechanics. Balance has nothing to do with it here, it is the boss design problem.

May 1, 2022
As I said - he wasn't hard himself. But boy, was it unfun to fight him with that pattern and mechanics. Balance has nothing to do with it here, it is the boss design problem.
ahahaha, yes yes yes, when it spins it cheats with the author. guidance, and the E key, damn, half of the map comes but does not capture it, then the game is easy for bugs, for example, you dodge to the left and the girl herself does a dodge to the right, so then when you do a combo, one is normal, two are normal, but when there are three combos, the girl does not react to dodging enemy attacks, the Boss himself, HP is lousy, damage is mere pennies, including save abilities, complete crap, the game is still not even worked out, but if this is made in CHINA, but China constantly has bugs and lags, this is their tradition, I've played so many action games, but this is the first time I see that to kill a boss, you need at least 15-25 minutes, this is about the time when you deal damage, you won't understand whether you are dealing damage or not, this boss is a Terminator, I also encountered him, took out all his HP and he is Alive, this is HOW, small opponents only deal damage, and there are NO scenes of vulgarity, NO at all, no access as she is their boss and that's it. They could have tightened up the graphics a little

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
And as I said as well, he was quite fun to fight on my part, he didn't even take that long to fight. I fail to see where exactly the problem you guys are having but let's agree to disagree here and say that we have different ways of approaching the fight. I'm curious to know what the devs japanese supporters are thinking about the boss. So far the only complaint I have with the game is how when we crouch, the camera doesn't descend as well to give us a view of what's below.

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
he wasn't that bad but he just takes too long to do his attack that makes him vulnerable
Which attack? If you meant the spin then you're supposed to intercept him with E so that he doesn't do it. If you're talking about his guard stance then it's a good opener to let you land the 3rd attack on him which does the highest amount of damage.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
And as I said as well, he was quite fun to fight on my part, he didn't even take that long to fight. I fail to see where exactly the problem you guys are having but let's agree to disagree here and say that we have different ways of approaching the fight. I'm curious to know what the devs japanese supporters are thinking about the boss. So far the only complaint I have with the game is how when we crouch, the camera doesn't descend as well to give us a view of what's below.
Honestly, I don't care what they think since japanese "coomsumers" are quite bizarre and if dev targets them exclusively, it is a bad sign. Just read some of the comments on Ci-En for games like Guilty Hell. The amount of pedo-stuff enjoyers is off the charts. I'm not judging fetishes, I have my own fucked up ones but dayum, Slaanesh him/herself would cringe at some of the suggestions.

Japanese in general are quite odd when it comes to liking stuff. A lot of objectively good-to-godtier anime and mangas are considered bad there and vice versa - absolute trash is somehow glorified. Same with music, movies, books...Japanese are probably the last people on Earth that still romanticize city of Paris in 2020s.

That's why you have to know to whom exactly you want to address your content.
I mean, work simulators are made mostly by Germans for Germans because this is the only nation that believes that "Work makes one free". A lot of heavy-grind MMOs come out of Korea and China because people there somehow enjoy wasting time on repetitive content...while people in the West somehow enjoy ThemePark/Guide Rails approach which is just as stupid.

BTW, try to write things in one post. Quotes are a feature to be used maiboi.

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
That's why you have to know to whom exactly you want to address your content.
I mean most of their content were never aimed at us here in the west to begin with. If we like what they're doing, cool for them. If we don't, they have all the right to not give two cents about what we think here. You can't please everybody.

RLJFZ

Sep 10, 2022
For those who are struggling against the boss, here, hopefully this will help you
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dunno what the guy who said he spent 15-25mns to fight this boss even did to take that much time, but from all 30 fights I did against him, none ever clocked beyond 2mns even with the most scuffed run, usually it's 1mn20 and 55s being my fastest.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes