Ostro

Apr 10, 2019
The game runs like shit because for some reason the developer elected to have the game compile shaders in real-time as you're playing instead of choosing to pre-compile the shaders. So you'll notice that shadows, reflections, motions, lights etc etc will be loading in as you play. Shader compilation is a very CPU intensive process and UE4, as well as UE5, has a real big problem with shader compilation stutter. This issue has nothing to do with GPU's and is entirely a CPU bound issue. Should also be noted that the developer is using UE 5.2 which might be adding to the problem. UE 5.2 isn't officially released yet so this recent build of the game is using a developer preview of UE 5.2

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Meh559

WorldBreaker

Jan 22, 2018
wth i was planning on downloading this game but i saw people with 30's series card having performance issue meanwhile me with my old gpu and potato pc im afraid to even download it and risky my pc to end up in smokes.

• Haha
Reactions: Akarea

Meh559

May 19, 2018
Yep, that's what happens when indie devs try to use the newest engine versions without understanding how it works. Auril shouldn't have switched to UE5. On top of error crashes this game is also really resource-heavy. There's people with 3000 and 4000 RTX series nvidia cards saying it runs like shit even on lower settings.
Nah, I work with UE5 and issues are not because of UE5. It is an extention of UE4 in essence. There is still ability to use old settings, such as DX11, if UE5+DX12 doesn't work properly. The same with new fancy features - they aren't mandatory.

I havent actually played the latest version (0.29) yet, but as of version ~0.27 the game just has ray-tracing ONLY mode.
It is done with simply ticking a couple of checkboxes. For some unkown reason Auril decided to force ray-tracing on purpose.
While UE5 literally has Standaloe Ray Tracing marked as deprecated. instead, Epic wants developers to use Lumen, which is an optimized and hybrid system and it doesn't even mandates hardware ray-tracing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kalkuv

Feb 8, 2019
Nah, I work with UE5 and issues are not because of UE5. It is an extention of UE4 in essence. There is still ability to use old settings, such as DX11, if UE5+DX12 doesn't work properly. The same with new fancy features - they aren't mandatory.

I havent actually played the latest version (0.29) yet, but as of version ~0.27 the game just has ray-tracing ONLY mode.
It is done with simply ticking a couple of checkboxes. For some unkown reason Auril decided to force ray-tracing on purpose.
While UE5 literally has Standaloe Ray Tracing marked as deprecated. instead, Epic wants developers to use Lumen, which is an optimized and hybrid system and it doesn't even mandates hardware ray-tracing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Isn't that what cooldude meant? Auril switching to UE5 and not giviing a shit about learning how to use it?

f95zone69

Oct 21, 2017
Resolve FATAL ERROR (blackscreen & back-to-desktop BTD crash) bug:
1. Go:
\Silicon Lust 029b\OST_Game\Binaries\Win64
2. Create shortcut of
OST_Game-Win64-Shipping.exe
3. richt click shortcut -> properties -> and add -dx11 at the end of the folder path
There need to be a SPACE field between ..." and -dx11
Start game with your shortcut

Revan 12345

Feb 28, 2020
Hi. Does anyone know how to progress trough this update. I'm searching the basemant wuth the neighbour, but I can't find anything.

WorldBreaker

Jan 22, 2018
ok i have downloaded it and tested it . my pc can handle games like witcher 3 on high settings but this game i get 9 fps even at the lowest settings so people who dont have a really powerfull pc should not even consider downloading this game its a waste of your 6gb data . u have been warned.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes