Manti111

Dec 16, 2020
I'm quite lost... where are you supposed to go after acquiring a boat? Everywhere I have my ass handled in 1-2 hit

Reactions: JimJoeBob

songoffun

Jun 13, 2017
Honestly, I get people's concern with adding cg's later. But for a lot of people trying to make games that aren't skilled in drawing. It's a pretty pricy investment to get art drawn up or designed when you have no idea if a project will be successful. So, testing the waters like this isn't bad. Guess you could always try Koikatsu or something as a way to get art for a game but not sure how that works.

Shamaeth

Jan 9, 2018
I'm quite lost... where are you supposed to go after acquiring a boat? Everywhere I have my ass handled in 1-2 hit
You are supposed to go to Mochton Docks and help steal a shield on the second floor of the pub. There is a sign on the docks that is of assistance. To get tips, talk to the black crab.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Yeah, trying to spot what is an area entrance and what isn't is kind of a pain.

Anyway, if it's the first island you see with a town on it, at the northeast there's a mine with bats and snakes in it. Just use Barrage in every battle -- it hits everything harder than your main (single) attack, so in most cases it should wipe the enemy and one group gives enough cash to use the Inn. Further in (still first floor) there's a pond you can bathe in for restoring your health and mana to full so you can farm there.

The game... definitely doesn't feel 'completed'. Most people on the map don't even have dialogue, many doors, stairs and whatnot you can simply walk over as if they're floor and there are still quite a few spelling mistakes. I paid off the old man with Dubloons and every H-scene so far has been a black screen with a textbox. It's also completely unintuitive where you need to go next, so you're basically just wandering around with your boat until you reach an area where your party gets wiped because you weren't supposed to go there yet. For example, after recruiting the samurai girl i sailed around, reached a forest zone on a nearby island and got crushed by the first encounter i ran into.

Now, i don't really mind if a game in development has these kinds of things -- we all know what demos are -- but slapping a 'completed' tag on this is basically you saying you're not planning on working on this. It invites nebative criticism.

My two cents...

Manti111

Dec 16, 2020
It's also completely unintuitive where you need to go next, so you're basically just wandering around with your boat until you reach an area where your party gets wiped because you weren't supposed to go there yet
After I got the boat, I sailed to the closest island, because that's what the game teach me to do at this point... but no, you are supposed to travel half the map to the city that you can't get into, and to go into the city you have to get a quest that isn't suggested by anyone but some random notice board? Great design

xXUwUXx

May 12, 2020
you can try using koikatsu for pose art it's going to be a lot easier than drawing if you don't know how to draw.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
The Last Sovereign being my favorite game on the site, I'm interested. I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind having purely text based scenes provided they are actually written well.

Also I have to agree that those weird sprite sex animations in some RPGM games kind of suck to put it simply (imo anyway). I think you'd be better off hiring an artist for CGs if it's ever viable for you, or switching to Ren'Py and using something like Koikatsu or Honey Select should you want to.
I mean if I'm honest, art by itself to me is useless(now). It's the dialogue that makes it shine, so I think I'd be more in favor of text over CG if I could choose only one.

Didn't know the last sovereign was like that but it seems like a HUGE undertaking just playing that and I would want to focus on that other game...which the name evades me now. I think it's a Seirralee game.

Reactions: MidnightKing

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I mean if I'm honest, art by itself to me is useless(now). It's the dialogue that makes it shine, so I think I'd be more in favor of text over CG if I could choose only one.

Didn't know the last sovereign was like that but it seems like a HUGE undertaking just playing that and I would want to focus on that other game...which the name evades me now. I think it's a Seirralee game.
Yeah I'd have to agree. After going through so many games on this site, it's really solidified for me that good dialogue/writing is probably what I value above all else.

My last playthrough of TLS was about 80 hours (and there's been a lot of new content since then), it's definitely a huge game. Worth it though imo if you ever have lot of free time. It used to be text only but it's been steadily adding art for scenes in past updates. An option exists to turn them off though, which I almost prefer tbh.

Reactions: Dyhart

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Yeah I'd have to agree. After going through so many games on this site, it's really solidified for me that good dialogue/writing is probably what I value above all else.

My last playthrough of TLS was about 80 hours (and there's been a lot of new content since then), it's definitely a huge game. Worth it though imo if you ever have lot of free time. It used to be text only but it's been steadily adding art for scenes in past updates. An option exists to turn them off though, which I almost prefer tbh.
Ahh nice I will have to give that a try sometime.
Oh and the game I was thinking of is rounscape Ador...ehh I don't remember fully but it's not seierra lee. Was shaping up quite nicely though when I last tried it.

Reactions: MidnightKing

natsu36

Feb 28, 2019
all these tags none of that it in it just text kinda disapointing do love your art work

Loku

Jul 23, 2017
My favourite games are the poor whore, free cities and fenoxo stuff so no complaints from me about the game being textbased. Adult games in general focus too much on art, resulting in them being stuck in dev hell (wester games especially - some more than 5 years in dev xd) or having mediocre gameplay...

Cyberweasel89

Jun 19, 2019
Wait... JimJoeBob? From CHYOA? As in, the writer of stories like Pokemon E&F and Life of Jamie? Holy crap! We've actually talked in PMs on CHYOA before! I am SO playing this game! Besides, I don't mind the lack of CG art. For me, words have always been easier to get me going than visuals. <3

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes