EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
SilkSailsSDTitleSmall.png

Overview:
A woman loses her memory and finds herself on a deserted island. She makes some new friends on her journey to find out what happened. Together they unravel a grand conspiracy and take down some evil witches.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-03-10
Release Date: 2022-05-17
Developer: JimJoeBob - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.03
Language: English
Length: 3-7hrs
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
Mac:
- - -
Other:
COMPRESSED

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

SDCeeCee1.png Screenshot 2022-05-02 222454.png SDBarrelWoman.png Screenshot 2022-05-02 222640.png SDNatureWoman1.png Screenshot 2022-05-02 222925.png

Last edited:

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Not pixel art either, sorry. I did make the nude spirtes myself, but that's about it visually. If I make more content like this I plan on at least adding sprites and trying animations.
What you've done here is try to fit a square piece into a circle hole and then said that you might try a triangle piece next.

Generally speaking, the people who would be interested in that content aren't looking at RPGM games to find it and the ones looking for RPGM games aren't interested in that content being in said games. You'd be far better off transitioning to a more appropriate engine.

Personally, I feel like it's more promising seeing people able to get complete stories out and flesh out from there instead of the usual CG heavy, slow update to dropped stuff that keeps coming out.
That's called retroactive development, and you don't want to do it unless it's strictly necessary. It is all but guaranteed to cause save issues and it forces a repeat playthrough to experience the added content which gets real tedious real fast.

Plus, it demonstrably impacts supporter retention.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I'll go through the game and look for any errors and bugs. I do kind of wish there was a longer summary to know what I might be getting into, but I trust that this will be text heavy.

Reactions: JimJoeBob

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
The Last Sovereign being my favorite game on the site, I'm interested. I'm probably in the minority but I don't mind having purely text based scenes provided they are actually written well.

Also I have to agree that those weird sprite sex animations in some RPGM games kind of suck to put it simply (imo anyway). I think you'd be better off hiring an artist for CGs if it's ever viable for you, or switching to Ren'Py and using something like Koikatsu or Honey Select should you want to.

Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
That's called retroactive development, and you don't want to do it unless it's strictly necessary. It is all but guaranteed to cause save issues and it forces a repeat playthrough to experience the added content which gets real tedious real fast.

Plus, it demonstrably impacts supporter retention.
Well, we're in a thread about something that apparently got first time posted as a complete game. Pretty sure their next project is liable to have a full plot all the way through instead of this typical "okay now what" shifting into filler content that just falls off a cliff and dies. It's such a repetitive outcome that I've become mostly unwilling to subscribe to games in the first place because almost ALL of them do that except for just a couple of creators that actually complete projects. It's not a money thing either, I've seen projects with huge sources of revenue do it too.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Well, we're in a thread about something that apparently got first time posted as a complete game. Pretty sure their next project is liable to have a full plot all the way through instead of this typical "okay now what" shifting into filler content that just falls off a cliff and dies. It's such a repetitive outcome that I've become mostly unwilling to subscribe to games in the first place because almost ALL of them do that except for just a couple of creators that actually complete projects. It's not a money thing either, I've seen projects with huge sources of revenue do it too.
I'm not sure what you expect as a response since that is an entirely unrelated topic, you might've somehow formed a correlation from your perspective but there isn't actually one there. It's honestly not even relevant, seeing as how this game wasn't crowdfunded to begin with.

Reactions: RM

RM

May 25, 2017
Oh hey, I actually recognise some of your work off CHYOA. Neat. I'll give this a shot.

Reactions: JimJoeBob
1.00 star(s) 2 Votes