Jan 23, 2018
I wish there was a way to un-fuck the game that we have now. Like rebuilding it on a new engine while the leaving the game intact. Yes I'm aware of the fan rebuild but he's changing a LOT of stuff. I like the simplicity of it all because it allows for tons of versatility.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
I assume last time game was really stable was when 2.3b was released.
It is also last public release, still found on old develper website.

Originally, any time new release is out, month later old release would go public.
This is even still written on Simbro Patron, but never happened after this point.

Version 2.4 was also done by save dev (it had update notes on his website), but this is point in game when he started work on new zoning system, had some issues and then rolled back most of the changes. Even then, it had some locations moved to next part of the map, and it was really easy to bug out if you press wrong buttons at the wrong time.

After that, all releases where delayed a lot (2.5/2.6/2.7), and some where really buggy without hotfixes (a, b, etc...), and there were no updates anymore on old developer website.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Heard something different. And if you check their partreon site you will be able to see that you can still donate: Go on and try it by yourself if you really wanna find your answer! X)
I’m currently subscribed for $1. Have been for years. Patreon sent me a message a long time ago that they suspended transactions.

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
I’m currently subscribed for $1. Have been for years. Patreon sent me a message a long time ago that they suspended transactions.
That's interesting and proves again that people love to talk bs online. Best proves are the rumors in FF7 how to make Aeris alive again. X)

vingogkwo

May 15, 2018
im still sitting here, and im still sad about that they stoped updating this gem :( anyone knows about a game close to this ? :(

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Well let's face that fact too: they were NEVER able to finish one of their games. Mario's Castle, Peache's Story, Legend Of Krystal, all uncompleted "games". So that shows their true nature if you ask me...
Did... did you think Playshapes made this game? Dude retired almost a decade ago and never once charged a cent for his work.

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
As far as I know playshapes only makes the graphics, not the games itself. But fact is that Simbro is offered in the "Legend Of Krystal" forum too, same as those other abandoned games which I've mentioned before. Check it here by yourself if you don't believe me:

Jan 23, 2018
Is it still possible to edit saves for this game? I saw something about it in an earlier part of the thread, but it lead to a post that got deleted.

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
Is it still possible to edit saves for this game? I saw something about it in an earlier part of the thread, but it lead to a post that got deleted.
I've only read about a modded Simbro version but that guy gave it up too because the original game was scripted way too messy...

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Right... nothing. :rolleyes:
Yeah. Nothing. Aside from the fact that Marune used Playshapes’ art to make it. Thus why he credited Playshapes in the art credits. Playshapes created all the art used to make the game and freely allowed other people to use it to make their own games. Thanks to Simbro and a couple other things out there, Playshapes has since rescinded that offer and requested anyone using his/her art to cease. Though I don’t believe he/she has taken any legal action as such.

Reactions: RobertoCasas
3.50 star(s) 15 Votes