Ren'Py Simple Beginnings [Ep. 5 v1.5.0 BETA] [Barbiecued]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Huh, I can't recall if anyone has talked about the straight/bi paths, but there's plenty of love for the lesbian potential LIs! Dev, maybe you can save some time, make our girl a Sapphic hero, trim the other paths. Or do some polling and don't listen to just one random from the internet tubes.

While I obviously haven't played every game with a FMC, I can only think of two games that, as a straight guy, have a decent guy to romance, and that's 1 guy per game. The war hero (it's been a minute) in Survival of Sarah Rose princess path, and Ian in a romance playthrough in Our Red String. I'd love to hear some counter examples, though maybe it's a matter of taste.

Reactions: jufot

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Huh, I can't recall if anyone has talked about the straight/bi paths, but there's plenty of love for the lesbian potential LIs! Dev, maybe you can save some time, make our girl a Sapphic hero, trim the other paths. Or do some polling and don't listen to just one random from the internet tubes.

While I obviously haven't played every game with a FMC, I can only think of two games that, as a straight guy, have a decent guy to romance, and that's 1 guy per game. The war hero (it's been a minute) in Survival of Sarah Rose princess path, and Ian in a romance playthrough in Our Red String. I'd love to hear some counter examples, though maybe it's a matter of taste.
Honestly, I mainly only listen to advice when it concerns technical stuff or mistakes I've made. Unless it is something that genuinely affects people's mental health, I try to not let player's appeals affect my storyboard too much. Sometimes I get inspiration from theories or opinions about characters or events, but overall, it doesn't change the end game.

The storyboard is either entirely in my head or written down in draft form or notes, but the small detours the MC takes to get to that end is more flexible and cause to change due to inspiration. I'm only working on one ending at the moment, and plan to add one after it is completed and that's when crossroads will come into play. I only focus on choices that affects the relationships right now so the work doesn't get too complex and affects the updates. There's only so much I can do at the moment. If I had enough support to make a living out of this game, I could definitely take on more work, but that's more of a dream for the future projects than something tangible at the moment.

As for the love interests, I only have one clear cut option on the table right now when it comes to the lesbian/bisexual path, but I do have some characters in mind for that and it will either be a "One girl only" kind of deal or a "Not sure yet, I wanna try things out". I'm just not sure how I want to approach this at the moment.

The straight path isn't as developed because of how Jenny is as a character. She's more experienced dealing with girls (of course), so it feels easier to delve into those depths. The straight path isn't as "clear" to me and right now, Loverboy is the only one in running for the presidency, mostly because he's the only option.

I play Our Red String too and I liked it, but, my interest kind of went down after a while and I'm not sure why. Personally, I enjoyed GGGB more, but that's just a matter of personal taste than anything.

Honestly, I don't play many FMC games that focuses entirely on romance with a straight path so I can't really think of any at the top of my head.

My favorite games here on f95zone is probably GGGB, Being a DIK, Female Agent, Jessica O'Neil's Hard News and recently Blue Swallow. There is a lot of stigma about Female Agent's long development and lack of content, but I really enjoy the writing in that game.. :giggle:

I've played plenty of games, but those are the only ones I'm still following or go back to every now and then.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
Is this deliberate, or was there supposed to be an image of them actually kissing here? Because if deliberate, I find the choice baffling.

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Episode 5 The Storm f95.png

Hey peops!

Episode 5 - The Storm is now out on Patreon.

This episode took a lot longer than I first planned. First, I had covid back in december and was sick for three weeks. I missed christmas and new years, and when I came back to work I found myself swamped because everyone decided to be sick at the same time.

There were some issues with this episode, lacking rendered content compared to previous episodes and I made sure I listened to previous criticism (good and bad). I added three whole new scenes in total to broaden the story and give it more "colour" and emotion.

As far as the story is concerned, the choices we've made have accumulated and will either be resolved or evolved. We will have our first crossroad in this episode, but, at this point there's only one route available in the main storyline (not talking about straight/lesbian routes) that will lead to different endings.

Regarding this, I'm not 100% sure how I want to go about this, but I'm leaning towards finishing the three seasons with one main story route, and then adding a second and possibly a third later on as sort of "free dlc". That will ensure that the players get new content in the story, rather than adding to the choices or actions made by the main character.

Let me know what you think about this.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
To Whom it may Concern :

The Win/Linux Download link for "Gofile" is down . . . Leads to a, " This file does not exist " . (as of, 04:50 pm EST)

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Also, . . . The title at the top of the "OP" reads this :

Simple Beginnings [Ep. 3 v1.3.1 BETA] [Barbiecued]

Shouldn't it read :

Simple Beginnings [Ep. 4 v1.3.1 BETA] [Barbiecued] < . . . (read/see, the change log )

Though it, will/should, change in the near future . . . (Episode 5, is out on Patreon)

:cool:

Reactions: Barbiecued

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SimpleBeginnings-EP5v1.5.0Beta
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Ragnar

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
From mysterious motorcycle lady

"If the rosary is reacting this violently..."

Meanwhile the image is of a crucifix on a necklace cord. I'm not Catholic, but pretty sure there are beads on a rosary, so you can count the prayers said or whatnot. Might want a different image, or just refer to it as a crucifix.

Justaflynn

May 20, 2022
What the fuuuuuuck? That was a crazy ending. I was not expecting things to go so far in that direction. We were getting teased with little supernatural crumbs and then BAM! full ass supernatural pie to the face.

I absolutely loved that Jenny and Emma finally kissed and admitted their feelings (lesbian route), but I don't absolutely do not love all that stuff the creepy girl at the end was saying about Jenny losing everything she holds dear. No idea what's going to happen now, but I can't imagine that's going to be good for their relationship. Feels like all the real-word drama is going to take a backseat now that all of this is coming into play. A college scholarship and a house party don't seem quite so important after a goth goddess just activated your mysterious dark bloodline. We've also already got so many antagonists, and now biker lady just joined the party. Seems like she's going to be a real problem, since she seems to be some sort of demon hunter. And guess who just got their shiny, new demon powers activated? I really hope that Emma's family aren't the kind of supernatural weirdos who fight against whatever Jenny just became. I need them to be a team, not on opposite sides. Also, if that new dark passenger, violent voice thing in Jenny's head can now control her and tries to hurt Emma, I'm not going to be a happy boy.

Episode 6 can't come soon enough. I gotta see what happens from here.

Ajaja13123

Dec 29, 2021
Is there much content on the straight route yet? I played it and not much was seen I was wondering if I made any wrong choices. Thank you!

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Great update, I was already on board with the game, but this ending was a great hook. Also, finally we get some MC / Emma "bonding".

I really hope that Emma's family aren't the kind of supernatural weirdos who fight against whatever Jenny just became
I actually feel the other way, that Emma's family will be the one to help our MC to fight her (literal) demons, and maybe use biker lady for it too.

and then adding a second and possibly a third later on as sort of "free dlc"
Mini-endings or side stories could be cool also.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes