ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Regarding wine, fish, and corn on the cob. Maybe Vanessa and Beth are from Texas. The first time I came to Texas (to meet my then-girl friend's family) I was served Texas-style chili and corn-on-the-cob. It was field corn, not sweet corn, and the chili was so hot I could hardly finish one bowl. I politely finished one serving of each and declined seconds.
I suspected her family served that because they didn't like me, but I noticed all of them ate and had seconds.
I'm Texan. Corn on the cob with chili is odd, but Texas Red* can light you up (at least mine can :devilish:). If corn is served with chili, it's usually in the form of cornbread. I'll do cornbread, maybe rice, sometimes just saltines - that harkens back to chili served on a cattle drive with hardtack as your "bread". For fun, maybe Fritos, a la, Frito Pie (Fritos, chili, shredded cheese, chopped onions - some might throw on sour cream, but not me).

* Texas Red is simply chopped beef and chili paste, cooked for a very long while. I make my own chili paste from a combination of dried and fresh chilis, garlic, and chili powder. Also a generous amount of fresh toasted and ground cumin. Might use beer, beef stock, or both, to add the necessary liquid. NO BEANS! Some folks will use "chili grind", which is a large-format ground beef - heretics will use hamburger. Chopped (about 1/2 inch cubes) is traditional. Masa (finely ground corn flour) is the traditional thickener, but it isn't heresy to use arrow root. Beans are a side dish that can be added into chili (like cheese, chopped onions, sour cream, crackers, Fritos, rice, etc.) but are cooked separately. Properly cooked beans and properly cooked chili will use different seasoning blends - cumin will likely be in both, but other things will be in the beans as well. You'll also note that I didn't list tomato - proper Texas Red doesn't use tomato in any form - that's a Yankee thing.

And what Beth served was likely designed by someone that doesn't have the foggiest about designing a meal - probably a Brit. ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Wasn't sure how to term a search for this, but in the current release (1.22), is there an error in the "getting ready for bed with Abby" scene when Frank gets the text messages while Abby goes down to make sure the door is locked, lights are off, and "tinkle"?

When the texts arrive, the phone says "Dewdrop", but he talks about texts from Vanessa, with attachments, and the next screen shows Vanessa's name, and the lewd shots she sends, and then that portion of the scene ends with a shot of Lil in her green shirt just before Abby shows up.

It makes me think that there were supposed to be two versions of the scene, one version if you stayed and had sex with Beth after supper, another if you left with Lil and had a scene with her after supper. The texts I got, regardless of which scene I chose in a given run, as noted, was the set of Vanessa texts. Haven't played them all out, but I had a couple of pretty basic "follow the recommended path" routes that both played the same way there. I'm thinking I'm missing some Lil content. Using the WT mod, so maybe that, combined with the gallery and music mods, are screwing things up - or it's just a coding error, or certain things were rendered with errors, or wrong slides are being pulled by the script, etc.

Just curious if someone knows if my speculation about two variants is accurate.
From what I remember of that scene, I agree that it wouldn't make sense for Vanessa to send pics if you didn't get Beth warmed up for her ... but I don't remember if I played the "leave with Lil" scene, so I can't tell you if my experience would have been different.
I think a programming fuck-up is confirmed:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think a programming fuck-up is confirmed:
Strange. I don't always notice things like that, but an extended scene I usually would. Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I run through it. I'm behind on my cabin trip path, so I'll get back there and pay particular attention to see if it's the same on my playthrough.

Reactions: ThorinKing

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Strange. I don't always notice things like that, but an extended scene I usually would. Guess I'll have to pay more attention next time I run through it. I'm behind on my cabin trip path, so I'll get back there and pay particular attention to see if it's the same on my playthrough.
I duplicated a couple of my paths that chose the Lil scene and saved them on a different page. They're at save points before the scene where the texts are sent, so when 1.23 comes out, I'll play those to see if the problem was fixed - assuming he even knows about it since it's kind of a big thing to miss and not update. Maybe it did get fixed, but the fixed version didn't get pirated and uploaded here.

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Confirmed: for release 1.22, there's a programming error related to the texts received after the supper where you chose to have a scene with either Lil or Beth. Whether inherent to the VN or caused by the WT mod is something to be figured out by people that know how to do that.

I used the mods for the WT, music and the gallery, which all do different things, and which have all been said to be compatible with one another. My experience on the Lil path was that a text from "Dewdrop" shows, up, but of the dialogue (says something like "Vanessa sent me a text") then all the slides switch to a text shown as being from Vanessa, with pics sent by Vanessa. The same happens on the "Beth" path.

For those that chose Lil and experienced the error, here's the series of slides you were supposed to get:

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Confirmed: for release 1.22, there's a programming error related to the texts received after the supper where you chose to have a scene with either Lil or Beth. Whether inherent to the VN or caused by the WT mod is something to be figured out by people that know how to do that.

I used the mods for the WT, music and the gallery, which all do different things, and which have all been said to be compatible with one another. My experience on the Lil path was that a text from "Dewdrop" shows, up, but of the dialogue (says something like "Vanessa sent me a text") then all the slides switch to a text shown as being from Vanessa, with pics sent by Vanessa. The same happens on the "Beth" path.

For those that chose Lil and experienced the error, here's the series of slides you were supposed to get:
But what wine would you recommend when watching those pics? Something lighter? Or better a full merlot?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really enjoyed your explanation on fish, wine, and corn, and found it to be interesting. However, I just keep thinking about proper pic watching etiquette ;)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
But what wine would you recommend when watching those pics? Something lighter? Or better a full merlot?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I really enjoyed your explanation on fish, wine, and corn, and found it to be interesting. However, I just keep thinking about proper pic watching etiquette ;)
Since they're hanging out in a pool on a Sunday morning, I'd recommend something sparkling in a non-glass container. While I prefer my bubbles in a traditional tulip shaped glass (helps the wine open and provides a better tasting experience), for this setting I'd go with acrylic flutes - harder to spill. Prosecco or Cava tend to be more cost effective, so those would be good. Bring orange juice and peach puree to make mimosas or bellinis. ;)

Cheers!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Cartageno

Iluvatar_SVK

Jun 14, 2019
Hello guys.
Clever Name Games (the creator of this game) showed us on discord how the game will continue after the new graphic modifications.

Here it is:

Plans for the future of Single Again.

Hey everyone, I thought I'd give a little update on the plans for the near future of the game, namely the models used.

I use Daz3d to make the images for the game and when I started Gen 3 was the current model. Shortly after, Daz released Gen 8 as the new model (4,5,6, and 7 were used for specific characters instead of generations of models for some reason). I waited for a while for content to come out for the new generation before I remade the characters into Gen 8.

It's now been a over a year since Daz came out with Gen 9 and a there is now a plethora of content out for it. So, I think now is the time to make the switch of all the characters to Gen 9.

But not just change the models to the new Gen, but update them and give them a more contemporary look.

First off we have the new Abby:
Other_Abby.gif
You'll notice she's a slightly taller now, with longer hair. Her bust size has been increased to be a little bit less than average and her butt size has been decreased to a more reasonable size.

Next up, Lilly:
Other_Lilly.gif
Her height has also been slightly increased, but she is still a little short than Abby. She now has green eye shadow and black lipstick to go along with her new hair style. Her bust size has also been increased to slightly less than average, but still smaller than Abby's. You'll also notice she has some tattoo's now. More will be added as the story progresses.

Now, Becca:
Other_Becca.gif
Now the first thing you'll notice with Becca is her butt is %10 bigger. She also has her long hair back. You may not have noticed this but her bust size has been slightly increased as well.

And finally, Mei:
Other_Meiko.gif
No changes, she's perfect.

Now, these new models will be making their debut in the second half of 1.24 and I know what you're thinking. Even though I did my best to keep them looking as similar as possible to their old models, some people might notice the difference between them. Well, that will be explained in the story. Beth will be paying for the girls to all get plastic surgery (and for Lilly's tattoos).

I'll be making another post in a few days showing off the new models for Beth, Vanessa and Madison. Hope you guys like them.

That's all for now, happy April 1st. ;)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello guys.
Clever Name Games (the creator of this game) showed us on discord how the game will continue after the new graphic modifications.

Here it is:

Hey everyone, I thought I'd give a little update on the plans for the near future of the game, namely the models used.

I use Daz3d to make the images for the game and when I started Gen 3 was the current model. Shortly after, Daz released Gen 8 as the new model (4,5,6, and 7 were used for specific characters instead of generations of models for some reason). I waited for a while for content to come out for the new generation before I remade the characters into Gen 8.

It's now been a over a year since Daz came out with Gen 9 and a there is now a plethora of content out for it. So, I think now is the time to make the switch of all the characters to Gen 9.

But not just change the models to the new Gen, but update them and give them a more contemporary look.

View attachment 3498596
You'll notice she's a slightly taller now, with longer hair. Her bust size has been increased to be a little bit less than average and her butt size has been decreased to a more reasonable size.

Next up, Lilly:
View attachment 3498605
Her height has also been slightly increased, but she is still a little short than Abby. She now has green eye shadow and black lipstick to go along with her new hair style. Her bust size has also been increased to slightly less than average, but still smaller than Abby's. You'll also notice she has some tattoo's now. More will be added as the story progresses.

Now, Becca:
View attachment 3498608
Now the first thing you'll notice with Becca is her butt is %10 bigger. She also has her long hair back. You may not have noticed this but her bust size has been slightly increased as well.

And finally, Mei:
View attachment 3498610

Now, these new models will be making their debut in the second half of 1.24 and I know what you're thinking. Even though I did my best to keep them looking as similar as possible to their old models, some people might notice the difference between them. Well, that will be explained in the story. Beth will be paying for the girls to all get plastic surgery (and for Lilly's tattoos).

I'll be making another post in a few days showing off the new models for Beth, Vanessa and Madison. Hope you guys like them.

Well... They would be called "Girls from Silicon Valley and Mei" :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I'm glad it isn't true, many devs try to "upgrade" they girls with something like Becca's model here... It just looks ridiculous...

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Hello guys.

Here it is:

View attachment 3498596

Next up, Lilly:
View attachment 3498605

Now, Becca:
View attachment 3498608

And finally, Mei:
View attachment 3498610

I know this is April 1st but I'm not gonna lie. Abby and Lily actually are looking good for some kinda flash-forward. Becca not so good.

Reactions: rudy007
Sep 26, 2023
Hello guys.

Here it is:

View attachment 3498596

Next up, Lilly:
View attachment 3498605

Now, Becca:
View attachment 3498608

And finally, Mei:
View attachment 3498610

I HOPE THE FUCK THIS IS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!

3.90 star(s) 194 Votes