Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Here is the last save I could find on the thread, by using the search function. It is a save from version 1.20 so there is less to skip than to start all over.
I've added all my saves here including a duplicate made depending on what vacation destination you want. You can change the MC name via mod/console/URM/whatever. I don't use the default one

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
why not remove the choices when there;s only one choice and not just play it out?
cause then it'd be kinetic novel.
If literally there are places where you're presented with a "choice" with only one option, it is almost certainly being presented as a joke, and wastes no time.

If you are presented with multiple options, only one of which has any true content, then either:
  1. This is again a joke of some sort;
  2. The dev at least during the development of this section, intended to come back and flesh out some other trails, even if they all go the same place (noting that an initial intention may be dropped forever mere minutes later); or
  3. One path is viewed as a "bonus scene - one that some people may prefer to not follow.
Note: there's nothing wrong with a kinetic novel, although it should be properly tagged as such here.

• Angry
Reactions: Maviarab

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
If literally there are places where you're presented with a "choice" with only one option, it is almost certainly being presented as a joke, and wastes no time.

If you are presented with multiple options, only one of which has any true content, then either:
  1. This is again a joke of some sort;
  2. The dev at least during the development of this section, intended to come back and flesh out some other trails, even if they all go the same place (noting that an initial intention may be dropped forever mere minutes later); or
  3. One path is viewed as a "bonus scene - one that some people may prefer to not follow.
Note: there's nothing wrong with a kinetic novel, although it should be properly tagged as such here.
Have you ever played the game called Scarlet's Law? If so, where do you get the parfait? I'm trying to complete Azula's mission but don't know where to get the parfait.

• Angry
Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Have you ever played the game called Scarlet's Law? If so, where do you get the parfait? I'm trying to complete Azula's mission but don't know where to get the parfait.
No, I have not. I will note that randomly posting to game forums isn't the best way to get help. Maybe if there was a forum dedicated to this Scarlet Law, you could ask your question there. If only there was a way to search for such a forum. For instance if there was something at the upper right corner of the window, and you made it look like:
Screenshot_20240112_024534_Chrome.jpg

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Maybe if you actually play it rather than pontificating around here you'd relalise how dumb that sentence is.
I have played a number of "games" here, some of which were actually kinetic novels. In general, I'm here for stories, and am personally far less interested in the items where the game mechanisms interfere with the progress of the story. I do follow some things with more of a game dynamic (Cabin by the Lake, for example), but I generally find the closer something comes to being a kinetic novel, the more I'll enjoy it.

I recognize that not everyone feels that way, hence my noting the importance of proper tagging.

With respect to this game, I may be behind by one update. Updates are just infrequent enough that I see no reason to rush.

In other words - I do play it, and I see nothing dumb about saying there's nothing wrong with kinetic novels. Now, if I said kinetic novels are great, and everyone likes them best, acting like my opinion was the only one possible? That would have been dumb.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes