3.50 star(s) 15 Votes

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
It's pretty easy to tell when a game is inspired or not. This game definitely is, the art style and aesthetic are very compelling. The enemies, while lacking in quantity and type, make up for it in quality. I like the dog demon. This game clearly takes influence from a number of other established h platformers but it combines them in a refreshing manner. I rly enjoyed this and hope to see more.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ElliseArt and LDV

pandoramail

Aug 16, 2021
Beautiful art and style, but the control scheme... I get it, you COULD play it one handed, but... Alt for attack and Space bar for jump... uhm, that doesn't work well with Windows.

Aug 9, 2019
I like the artstyle of this game a lot. Difficult jumps are okay, but only when the system isn't broken. Keeping in mind this is a 0.1 version, I'm sure things will be a lot better in the future, though. Stuff like platform collision, ghosted jumps and "Press E to restart" sending you to the main screen are things that will get fixed, I'm sure.

From a game design perspective, though, NO ONE wants to go through a boring and heavily punishing platforming section between every boss attempt. Seriously.

Also, you cannot dodge the boss's attack where she goes from one end of the arena to the other, but are forced to use the parry attack. This is okay, if the game even told you about it and taught you how to use it in a less-risk environment (and if the attack was reactable, but the parry has too much startup before it's active to be able to). Basics of game design, really.

Again, I know this is just a 0.1, but it's better to establish good habits beforehand.

May 25, 2017
My main problem is the controls. I don't have spider/octopus fingers to use wasd and f AND c without either smacking my hands together or twisting together my fingers.

Fudgesicles

Dec 13, 2019
The game has a nice foundation and I can't wait to see more but so far the controls are very clunky, the jump specifically the jump height is too low so you fall more often than not and sometimes doesn't register that I jumped at all. The game needs a quick restart button like "R" since it seems that's what the dev is going for anyway, found myself getting frustrated at the lava part and accidentally going into new game trying to quickly load the game adding to the frustration.

The boss fight just doesn't seem doable at all right now, I can't dodge her spear attacks to save my life I checked the control scheme by pressing escape but nothing shows any way to dodge or block as far as I can tell. I hope to see more soon overall and these small things can get fixes.
Press Shift or I believe it was C for a parry animation. It is somewhat precise, like most parries have been in Soulsborne games.

Reactions: Manhunter

Jackhole69

Sep 10, 2017
Press Shift or I believe it was C for a parry animation. It is somewhat precise, like most parries have been in Soulsborne games.
Thanks I was able to beat the demo now and even the parry was pretty clunky to use but got through nonetheless hopefully it gets better in later builds as it is now it feels very difficult to match the bosses speed in reaction time.

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
The controls are bizarre, the jumps are too tight, the platform edge collision is wonky, the physics make bounce unpredictable, you can't reasonably predict if you're about to fall into a spike pit, with the enemy just waiting to hit you through a wall, the game never once mentions that you can parry, let alone have to in order to survive the boss, and I don't know what the fuck "press >" is supposed to mean but eventually after poking around the edge of the screen and pressing every button I hit "Backspace" and was unceremoniously dumped into the main menu.
It's just that kind of game, I guess.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
The controls are bizarre, the jumps are too tight, the platform edge collision is wonky, the physics make bounce unpredictable, you can't reasonably predict if you're about to fall into a spike pit, with the enemy just waiting to hit you through a wall, the game never once mentions that you can parry, let alone have to in order to survive the boss, and I don't know what the fuck "press >" is supposed to mean but eventually after poking around the edge of the screen and pressing every button I hit "Backspace" and was unceremoniously dumped into the main menu.
It's just that kind of game, I guess.
">" is actually just the right keyboard arrow or whatever it is called

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Could be enjoyable, but the execution of platforming is so fucking bad it makes the experience really annoying. If you want to actually be considered "inspired by Hollow Knight", then I suggest you go back and play that game a little more carefully and start implementing what they have in that game. You can start with "platforming ledge forgiveness".

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
MEGA link is dead. Other versions appear to work fine.
Finally, something a little more action-packed that isn't just an RPGMaker game or a VN.

1630667723075.png

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Thank you for uploading my game here and thanks to everyone who played it! ♥

The feedback is much appreciated and I'm glad you understand that this is a very early version of the game (the very first release of it in fact!) and is by no means perfect.

That said it is a project I care a lot about and intend to see through to the end. :D

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Thank you for uploading my game here and thanks to everyone who played it! ♥

The feedback is much appreciated and I'm glad you understand that this is a very early version of the game (the very first release of it in fact!) and is by no means perfect.

That said it is a project I care a lot about and intend to see through to the end. :D

Speaking of feedback, how about USB controller support ?

anonymous558

Jun 6, 2018
Definitely has potential. Like the fact that the H-scenes progress when the player specifies, rather than automatically.

We'll see if this game actually gets any progress, or if it dies in early development like so many others, hoping its the former.

nierguyof

Feb 5, 2020
did anyone manage to beat the bosses second phase yet spear is ungodly brutal? also my pc blue screened directly after i exited the game 11/10 was a fun experience :LOL:

yzal

Dec 22, 2017
This is okay, if the game even told you about it and taught you how to use it in a less-risk environment (and if the attack was reactable, but the parry has too much startup before it's active to be able to).
The attack is absolutely reactable with the parry's startup as long as you're not right next to the boss when she uses it. And if you've seen it once, why would you be?

That said, are there any lewds in the game besides the tentacle and when you beat the boss? The one in that second screenshot doesn't seem to happen.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
That said, are there any lewds in the game besides the tentacle and when you beat the boss? The one in that second screenshot doesn't seem to happen.
Each enemy has one animation that is triggered when you get hit by its attack. The chance of this happening is about 1/3 or 1/4 hits. Hope that helps!

oxking72

Apr 29, 2017
Ehh... The movement and combat needs to more fluid. Can't make it pass the first boss with the cramped controls. Especially, since you can't rebind them.

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes