4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Megazombie15

Mar 20, 2022
Performance problem is fixed now?
As any game programmer can tell you, performance is not an issue until the person developing the game on his RTX 4080 burns up!

But for real, only big performance fixes will be related to big framework stuff that require an entire rewrite/rebuild of some game systems, the others are happy little accidents or just stupid mistakes being fixed.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
As any game programmer can tell you, performance is not an issue until the person developing the game on his RTX 4080 burns up!

But for real, only big performance fixes will be related to big framework stuff that require an entire rewrite/rebuild of some game systems, the others are happy little accidents or just stupid mistakes being fixed.
What?

First of, there are some performance issue. Game chokes on a simple scene like a bitch on a dick, without any activity in performance monitor, besides usual half percent of cpu/IO/RAM. And scenes itself have like...well, 30 textures, maximum. Fine, okay, 100. There are some problems with draw calls, I think.
Second, what framework? Frameworks on unity, from my and no only experience, from unity store, even paid ones, are shit. Because literally all abuses Update() virtual instead of FixedUpdate().

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
What?

First of, there are some performance issue. Game chokes on a simple scene like a bitch on a dick, without any activity in performance monitor, besides usual half percent of cpu/IO/RAM. And scenes itself have like...well, 30 textures, maximum. Fine, okay, 100. There are some problems with draw calls, I think.
Second, what framework? Frameworks on unity, from my and no only experience, from unity store, even paid ones, are shit. Because literally all abuses Update() virtual instead of FixedUpdate().
Yeah that's the joke, i think he was mocking him

Reactions: PitayaPear

Megazombie15

Mar 20, 2022
What?

Never said there are no performance issues, you are correct if we do some testing:

Just did some benchmarking and some testing of what the game uses. It seems to use DirectX11 so most GPU's should support it quite well.

The CPU usage was around 18% so who cares, seems standard for a normal unity frame.

On a RTX 3050 I got around 30-40% usage. That's a lot for essentially drawing planes.
I think they just didn't optimize their cool looking shaders, which on a marketing perspective makes sense. Since now you just want to smash in content that looks good and worry about performance later.

With framework I just mean whatever systems they are using to make the game. One example can be more 3d looking environment while still being 2d. The original game looked good but didn't really use anything too clever. Now they have a nice system in place to add more depth to a 2d game.

other-s

Sep 21, 2021
Well, looks like my wish for what the mini boss would do was granted. I love it. Also, careful after you beat the boss. There's a bug where if you beat him, and then lose to one of the zombies he summoned, it'll proceed to the first part of the H-scene, and then the next part, you instantly die again and start the loop. So basically, you soft locked the game.
Also, does anyone else have any sound lag for certain things? Menu sounds and attack sounds are a bit delayed, but H-scenes seem pretty synched.

After fighting the mini boss a bit, I gotta say that the battle itself, at the moment, is made where you can feasibly not get a game over from the boss. With the first boss, if you got caught twice, you lose. But here, no matter how many times you get caught for the H-scene, if you can escape fast enough, you can keep going and not accumulate any stacks of zombification. I think there'd be more of a threat from the boss if either you got a stack of zombification when you get caught for the H-scene, or if the boss could fight back besides summoning zombies, like shooting projectiles that cause zombification. Speaking of which, if you stand next to the boss, he can't do shit if he summoned all the zombies already, besides teleporting if you hit him enough.

Last edited:

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
Well, looks like my wish for what the mini boss would do was granted. I love it. Also, careful after you beat the boss. There's a bug where if you beat him, and then lose to one of the zombies he summoned, it'll proceed to the first part of the H-scene, and then the next part, you instantly die again and start the loop. So basically, you soft locked the game.
Also, does anyone else have any sound lag for certain things? Menu sounds and attack sounds are a bit delayed, but H-scenes seem pretty synched.

After fighting the mini boss a bit, I gotta say that the battle itself, at the moment, is made where you can feasibly not get a game over from the boss. With the first boss, if you got caught twice, you lose. But here, no matter how many times you get caught for the H-scene, if you can escape fast enough, you can keep going and not accumulate any stacks of zombification. I think there'd be more of a threat from the boss if either you got a stack of zombification when you get caught for the H-scene, or if the boss could fight back besides summoning zombies, like shooting projectiles that cause zombification. Speaking of which, if you stand next to the boss, he can't do shit if he summoned all the zombies already, besides teleporting if you hit him enough.

There is also a bug where you attack the zombies from behind if you are trying to return to the quest giver (though i dont think we will be doing that to get rewards?).

the enemy does not recognize your attack (hitbox) and so it just goes through them but if you get close they will autograb you and initiate the biting sequence.

i am a little surprised though that the breast squids were removed and the whole boss too. Is this because the dev is just using them to test mechanics and then put themin later versions?

H.ERO

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Does the menu and setting is bugs? I can't go fullscreen and can't save my setting like when I exit the game and start it again the game in japanese lang again even though I change it to English, is there a way to fix it?

1Kiri1

May 27, 2018
After fighting the mini boss a bit, I gotta say that the battle itself, at the moment, is made where you can feasibly not get a game over from the boss. With the first boss, if you got caught twice, you lose. But here, no matter how many times you get caught for the H-scene, if you can escape fast enough
With 1 boss (tentacles) in the previous version - a similar bug. If you kill the boss, but leave 3 of his minions (without blue glows) - Game Over will start and the boss will come to life (and the character will receive an H-scene depending on the state)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love:

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes