TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Haha, no worries. I know not everyone can be a cookie cutter and some need to have issues and some randomness.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well shit. I didnt realize she just leave like that when not on her route. Really drops her down a peg or two on the faves list. Family before guy you barely know... NTR ALERT!!

Reactions: Rythan25

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
I think Nat's reaction to her "Mom" is understandable, but I think it's very odd that she won't talk to you, especially with high trust, seeing as you're in the exact same situation.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Extracted the images and I seemed to have missed a lot in my replay on the family stuff I assume from not getting Lust/Trust high enough and a couple other things. Gonna rush though again, as long as I don't have to sacrifice Marsha interactions to achieve it... Also not above cheating with the console.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I can understand that Nat comes off as being a bitch to her family, and to that I can only jump for joy and clap my hands: Mission accomplished!
This sounds weird, I know, but hear me out.

I took the liberty of writing Nat's reaction from personal experience. My oldest daughters BFF was confronted by this issue back when she was 18 and wanted to get ... I think it was a drivers license ... or some such. She found that her birthcertificate didn't have the father she had been living with for her entire life, listed as being her father.
She did a "Nat" and turned up at our place (I was still married at the time) and I made her stay until she had figured things out. That took three or four weeks of us talking with her about the whole situation before she would even consider seeing her mother and father again.
Eventually she calmed down and things returned to some form of normalcy, but to this day she still has trust issues when it comes to her mother and father and it has been some 14 years.
Both her older sister and her younger sister didn't react to this with the same vehemence, which has baffled me over the years. Goes to show that personalities differ immensely even among siblings.

And let me just say, that her mom and dad were out of their minds while this whole situation was resolved. I don't wish this on anyone and goes to show that the truth had been the best choice.

Anyways ... cut her some slack :)

Cheers - Kaffekop
Thanks for explaining

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
I can understand that Nat comes off as being a bitch to her family, and to that I can only jump for joy and clap my hands: Mission accomplished!
This sounds weird, I know, but hear me out.

I took the liberty of writing Nat's reaction from personal experience. My oldest daughters BFF was confronted by this issue back when she was 18 and wanted to get ... I think it was a drivers license ... or some such. She found that her birthcertificate didn't have the father she had been living with for her entire life, listed as being her father.
She did a "Nat" and turned up at our place (I was still married at the time) and I made her stay until she had figured things out. That took three or four weeks of us talking with her about the whole situation before she would even consider seeing her mother and father again.
Eventually she calmed down and things returned to some form of normalcy, but to this day she still has trust issues when it comes to her mother and father and it has been some 14 years.
Both her older sister and her younger sister didn't react to this with the same vehemence, which has baffled me over the years. Goes to show that personalities differ immensely even among siblings.

And let me just say, that her mom and dad were out of their minds while this whole situation was resolved. I don't wish this on anyone and goes to show that the truth had been the best choice.

Anyways ... cut her some slack :)

Cheers - Kaffekop
Nat being angry with Mother is understandable, we just wish you would give her a plausible reason to blow off MC. Other than being a nasty bitch. And going to live with a gangbanger who freely uses racial slurs is kind of absurd. I thought people that used racial slurs are basically social outcasts in western countries.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Is there a way to solve the Natalie running away from home issue in this version? Or is there nothing I can do no matter what our relationship is?

Reactions: vilsen00

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@Kaffekop Found an error.

Thanks for catching this one.
Seems like I have to make an updated v. 0.6 afterall and not just wait til I ship v. 0.7
Will get on with it when I've had some more sleep.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: bobbo69 and u z i

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@K9 there may also be some issues with Spyder's reactions when the protagonist shows up on his dooerstep. I'll look into that and give you a heads up on it.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: K9

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for explaining
I see your point, but consider this: Every time he has entered the "dreamscape" he has either been asleep and Lisa has forced herself into it to spend time with him or he has been in a hightended state of mental distress. This stress showed itself as "corruption" earlier in the game among other things. It also showed itself when/if he confronted Spyder, where he gets to a point were he simply faints, but still manages to shoot off a small round of energy in his direction (this also happens in other places and other path, so I hope you get the picture).
As his Focus increases so will his ability to stand against said mental distress and thus he will eventually learn to control his growing power and make use of them without any consequences - or so it would seem ;)

Also consider that our MC starts out with being an insecure, low selfesteem no sexual experience kind of guy. Maybe a strerotype, but not all stereotypes are bad. Stereotypes helps us to quickly relate to a person and even help us grasp an understanding of how he/she reacts or is expected to react, but the interesting "stereotype" is the one that at some point breaks the known formular and sort of moves into uncharted territory, where the reader is suddenly not able to predict said persons reactions and/or even motivations.

I did consider splitting this into more than just one path for our MC to explore. I even mapped out some of how they would diverge and ultimately lead to very different experiences and endings. Having a talk with a good friend of mine about this made me realize that it would be practically impossible as I'm only one person making this and any other path would basically become a whole story in and of itself, so I decided against it. Just to, as he pointed out to me: KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).
That is what I'm trying here, and yes I realize that we may not be operating along the same definition when it comes to the term "simple", this, to me, is a fairly simple storyline. The implementation is the hard part ;)

About Nat, and I think I'll just end the whole Nat debate here (at least on my part) consider the following: When she feels so deeply betrayed she ends up at the bar meeting the only person who has helped her out in the past in this new and unfamiliar place (and Spyder goes by the name of Charles when he is at work of course). She downs a few drinks and they get to talking. He is quite understanding and offers to help her out by giving her a place to stay for the time being.
Every time she then meets our MC her reactions are not really aimed toward him, but he does become a proxy for the one she is angry with. Thus he becomes someone she can vent her frustration and anger at.

Anyways, this became far longer than I anticipated and went deeper than it should have about motivations and such and I'll just leave it at that or I might talk myself into spoiler territory in the future. So, no more about Nat from me :)
I'll go grab some more shut-eye. I think I need that.

Cheers - Kaffekop

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I see your point, but consider this: Every time he has entered the "dreamscape" he has either been asleep and Lisa has forced herself into it to spend time with him or he has been in a hightended state of mental distress. This stress showed itself as "corruption" earlier in the game among other things. It also showed itself when/if he confronted Spyder, where he gets to a point were he simply faints, but still manages to shoot off a small round of energy in his direction (this also happens in other places and other path, so I hope you get the picture).
As his Focus increases so will his ability to stand against said mental distress and thus he will eventually learn to control his growing power and make use of them without any consequences - or so it would seem ;)

Also consider that our MC starts out with being an insecure, low selfesteem no sexual experience kind of guy. Maybe a strerotype, but not all stereotypes are bad. Stereotypes helps us to quickly relate to a person and even help us grasp an understanding of how he/she reacts or is expected to react, but the interesting "stereotype" is the one that at some point breaks the known formular and sort of moves into uncharted territory, where the reader is suddenly not able to predict said persons reactions and/or even motivations.

I did consider splitting this into more than just one path for our MC to explore. I even mapped out some of how they would diverge and ultimately lead to very different experiences and endings. Having a talk with a good friend of mine about this made me realize that it would be practically impossible as I'm only one person making this and any other path would basically become a whole story in and of itself, so I decided against it. Just to, as he pointed out to me: KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).
That is what I'm trying here, and yes I realize that we may not be operating along the same definition when it comes to the term "simple", this, to me, is a fairly simple storyline. The implementation is the hard part ;)

About Nat, and I think I'll just end the whole Nat debate here (at least on my part) consider the following: When she feels so deeply betrayed she ends up at the bar meeting the only person who has helped her out in the past in this new and unfamiliar place (and Spyder goes by the name of Charles when he is at work of course). She downs a few drinks and they get to talking. He is quite understanding and offers to help her out by giving her a place to stay for the time being.
Every time she then meets our MC her reactions are not really aimed toward him, but he does become a proxy for the one she is angry with. Thus he becomes someone she can vent her frustration and anger at.

Anyways, this became far longer than I anticipated and went deeper than it should have about motivations and such and I'll just leave it at that or I might talk myself into spoiler territory in the future. So, no more about Nat from me :)
I'll go grab some more shut-eye. I think I need that.

Cheers - Kaffekop
I get what your saying about Nat and her reaction to the big reveal and its even understandable to take it out on the the proxy (her brother). Me and others dont like the fact she just ditches her brother and leaves him in a vulnerable position when he just wants to talk. Pretty unforgivable stuff there. She was my favorite LI until I tried a different route and realized how incredibly selfish she really is. Even in other routes she knows her brother loves her and still just abandons him so now I will delete my Nat route and avoid her at all costs. Just too fucked up and I am now hoping for the "kick her ass to the curb" option. Peace out bitch!

Reactions: Rythan25
U

User_32285

I get what your saying about Nat and her reaction to the big reveal and its even understandable to take it out on the the proxy (her brother). Me and others dont like the fact she just ditches her brother and leaves him in a vulnerable position when he just wants to talk. Pretty unforgivable stuff there. She was my favorite LI until I tried a different route and realized how incredibly selfish she really is. Even in other routes she knows her brother loves her and still just abandons him so now I will delete my Nat route and avoid her at all costs. Just too fucked up and I am now hoping for the "kick her ass to the curb" option. Peace out bitch!
If you feel that strongly about it, maybe it will help to see the different routes as timelines i.e. Nat in the route where she stays by your side is a different one than the one (Nat) that leaves you alone after you faint.

Reactions: Dependable_223
4.10 star(s) 66 Votes