Danv

Aug 21, 2020
I tried giving Mary a graphical update from an older model to a newer model (from gen3 to gen8)
Here is a quick comparison between the two.
They look somewhat different, but I haven't been able to match the tan exactly and there are more polygons in a gen8 model.
Also the hair is not designed for a gen8 model.
What do you think? Something I should continue with the other characters?
All in all I like the newer model ...
I am not saying that I will absolutely change Mary to the newer model, I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

View attachment 3337263 View attachment 3337264

Cheers - Kaffekop
aside from nipples - older model is better in everything
face texture, shape, expression, makeup, skin color... even bush down below

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
It is funny.
When I worked on the new model, trying to tweak a thing, here and there, they looked very similar to me.
Seeing them again I realize that they are very different facially. I do also like the original Mary better.
Strange.

Cheers - Kaffekop
Kaffekop,
Time has passed since the inception of your intriguing game for reasons that were outside your control. Upon returning to this project I am sure that you found that the world of DAZ and other support software has been merrily advancing along. It is natural for a conscientious developer to deliver the best product possible. However my personal take on Mary is defined largely by two things:
The first is that over time her appearance (for those who have loyally followed the game) has become iconic. For those people any significant change in her appearance would diminish the enjoyment while playing this game.
The second is that any change that must be made due to technical incompatibility would be much better received if she were updated for a part in a sequel or second story you developed. Mickey Mouse evolved over time, but not during the middle of "Steamboat Willy". If you managed her update while keeping her largely recognizable for a second effort your loyal audience would be much more forgiving. It is likely that they would even be accepting of the changes because they would have a second opportunity to interact with this iconic character in another interesting story.
I hope you find this input useful,
Jack.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I tried giving Mary a graphical update from an older model to a newer model (from gen3 to gen8)
They look somewhat different, but I haven't been able to match the tan exactly and there are more polygons in a gen8 model.
I am not saying that I will absolutely change Mary to the newer model, I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

Cheers - Kaffekop
I like the facial features in the older version, but the nipples in the newer version.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021

Cheers - Kaffekop

The only + point i see in the newer model is the tits/nips color and the model looks more detailed. So if you can fix the color tone on the breasts on the older model, we good.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
I think that the newer Mary model's eyes make her look more alive and real to life, but they also make her look younger than she probably should as well. I agree with the others as to the nipples, but will add that her original body is hot as shit, and she's one of my favorite characters in any game.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
It is funny.
When I worked on the new model, trying to tweak a thing, here and there, they looked very similar to me.
Seeing them again I realize that they are very different facially. I do also like the original Mary better.
Strange.

Cheers - Kaffekop
I do too - what about the lipstick shade? make the new one have the old shade (I like what LWtbo said about the eyes & face) also, the nipples are a better colour on the new model (old model had barely any colour). It's a dangerous, slippery slope when you ask us your appreciators for our feedback. I hope we don't start to think we have any agency here, heh.

Reactions: Kaffekop

LionHeart 95

Aug 30, 2020

Cheers - Kaffekop
the body is easy to incorporate but the face is too young almost like magic. a place to add this change is when Mc removes the sunburn and after Mary is a little younger got some youth back. girls could comment on it as a positive " Mom this new house really agrees with you, you look 10 years younger" but i would try to give back the eye brow and lips the rest works at least for me. the other models should try to get as close to original look as possible.

Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
I see it has harem tag,but could we have mom and both sisters in same gameplay with everybody happy?

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
the only change i would change in the game is the mc face and body ,is like playing other game ,but this is only my taste,i dont like at all that model ,is like seeing laura,intertwined and other games all toghter

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Cheers - Kaffekop
The old one looks better in every way, can't think of anything that looks better on the new one.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Changed Gina's face hair no longer blond but black,
Changed Jennifer's entire appearance
No visible change for Eveline and Gillian as it seemed to me for Mary Nat and JO and Marsha .
I did not notice any others

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
Thank you for the inputs and thoughts on the matter.
Sometimes it is nice to be able to throw ideas out there, when you're having doubts about something, especially when you know that there are reasonable and thoughtful people around.
I will not make any changes to Mary. She has indeed become somewhat iconic when it comes to this project, for whatever reason.
This goes for the other existing characters as well. Jennifer was the last major change I made to characters.

Cheers - Kaffekop

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes