Darkminou

May 13, 2017
Game is not only code broken, it's actually not allowing to go further
You can't buy a dress for your mom, wich is quest 9.
So it lock you out of all the new content added.

EDIT: Well i was wrong you can finish the quest, so correct path is, go to parent room, clock the mother, got a dialogue (if it don't bug) go to the mall buy dress come back to mother

To be honnest, just an advice for the dev, play your own gam, and make it played by friends before you release.
All those bugs would have been easy to catch

Last edited:

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Game is not only code broken, it's actually not allowing to go further
You can't buy a dress for your mom, wich is quest 9.
So it lock you out of all the new content added.

EDIT: Well i was wrong you can finish the quest, so correct path is, go to parent room, clock the mother, got a dialogue (if it don't bug) go to the mall buy dress come back to mother

To be honnest, just an advice for the dev, play your own gam, and make it played by friends before you release.
All those bugs would have been easy to catch
Of course, I'm not going to defend the developers, but I can't agree that even out of 99 percent there is always 1 percent that there will be errors in the game.

There are a lot of factors that affect this, but the most painful thing is the inattention of developers.
(It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.)

By the way, the funniest thing is, logically, these errors are being searched for by players who receive an early build, in fact a beta test for money, now this is in fashion.

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
Error: child tag <<case>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<switch>><<case "GE">>

they didn't translate Russian, and they didn't edit the code completely, that's why there are a lot of errors

Last edited:

LLz

Feb 2, 2018
It appears that there is an issue with the mobile switch thing. (code outright misses some logic when not set to mobile, and has an issue parsing the mobile part; when editing the code to parse regardless of mobile, it somehow renders correctly)

(Note, referring specifically to the issue when entering the house hub, also unsure why russian is having issues)

Last edited:

thedude2866

Apr 24, 2017
Can't say I'm fond of forward and back buttons hidden behind Patreon, but Devs have the right to decide what they'd like players to pay for. They put the work in, it's their call.

I will say the UI for this game, being HTML? It's pretty impressive. There's a desire to put a lot more polish and presentation on this than in most HTML games.

Could use a volume control though, or a global mute. I was not prepared for it to blast from my speakers so loudly. Any change to volume in one video also resets to full volume with the very next video selection. I can turn down the volume for my whole PC, of course, but it'd be great to have in-game settings that provide for volume preferences.

Also, I'm guessing this is Harlowe?
It's SugarCube, you can tell through the console, although the dev tried to be "smart" by doing window.SugarCube = null; (I hate you dev, it's literally a waste of time to bother with this because it's super easy to undo).

Also, please don't call this game polished, because it's fucking not, sure there's more emphasis on better UI, but when there's fucking bugs that you get just by playing the game for 5 minutes and not even having to do anything specific then it's not polished, it's being lazy as fuck.

Also most browsers let you mute the entire tab (at least Firefox does).

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
there seem to be a crapton of child errors and other various in the english translation at home and elsewhere, also it to a while to figure out when the quest said to head to residential your are supposed to go to loft location, not to mention mistranslated stuff (i had a section in french at home) Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: thedude2866

thedude2866

Apr 24, 2017
Of course, I'm not going to defend the developers, but I can't agree that even out of 99 percent there is always 1 percent that there will be errors in the game.

There are a lot of factors that affect this, but the most painful thing is the inattention of developers.

By the way, the funniest thing is, logically, these errors are being searched for by players who receive an early build, in fact a beta test for money, now this is in fashion.
Sure, but you'd expect that 1% of errors to be something niche and small, these bugs you get by opening the game, and playing it for 5 minutes without even having to do anything special, the arrogance to think they even deserve money for this is insane.

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
Sure, but you'd expect that 1% of errors to be something niche and small, these bugs you get by opening the game, and playing it for 5 minutes without even having to do anything special, the arrogance to think they even deserve money for this is insane.
more like they got caught by the usual bug most new game developers made and tried to add too much (i mean six languages, most people can barely speak one:p)

thedude2866

Apr 24, 2017
more like they got caught by the usual bug most new game developers made and tried to add too much (i mean six languages, most people can barely speak one:p)
That too, but stuff like this you can easily catch with a linter, it's just insane how they're ok with letting it make it through to the release.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
My friend, I generally object to such games asking for money, believe me, I endure the same negativity towards such games, looking at the qualities and that they want to take money from me for this.

But the problem with such statements is to activate the defenders of such developers and they begin to defend them under the slogans they also want to eat.

Manticore96

Feb 16, 2021
My friend, I generally object to such games asking for money, believe me, I endure the same negativity towards such games, looking at the qualities and that they want to take money from me for this.

But the problem with such statements is to activate the defenders of such developers and they begin to defend them under the slogans they also want to eat.
Buddy I asked you a question related to patreon thing to support you. I see you completly ignored it. I was waiting for your reply since that day

• Hey there
Reactions: Feyschek

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Buddy I asked you a question related to patreon thing to support you. I see you completly ignored it. I was waiting for your reply since that day
What are you talking about? Maybe you confused me with someone else?

I don't do that kind of stuff for my games.

Manticore96

Feb 16, 2021
What are you talking about? Maybe you confused me with someone else?

I don't do that kind of stuff for my games.
No no. I wanted to say if I can pay you on paypal directly or google pay. If possible?
The dev of html game :- To the top, he shared with me his paypal account. Sorry if I sounded wrong

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
No no. I wanted to say if I can pay you on paypal directly or google pay. If possible?
The dev of html game :- To the top, he shared with me his paypal account. Sorry if I sounded wrong
Okay, I'm being even more direct, I'm not the developer of this particular game, is that clear?

Darkminou

May 13, 2017

I understand that, but as an artist i had comm made for game, helped the peoples making them test them, and i took it seriously, retrying different stuff, trying to break the game on purpose, wich, is basicly how you see most bugs.

But that's me, and personal experience, i understand the 1%
But yes, here it's.. massive. Most scene start with error messsages, the house even system is broken with glithces, and if i believe the screen capture, everyone had them, and it's like, first thing you see when you exit your room, it's first action in the game

As a game dev, if when the character do literally the first thing they are asked to do in your games, they all have a massive break of the game, glitches, and other bugs.. wouldn't you postpone your release for a few day to patch it?

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I understand that, but as an artist i had comm made for game, helped the peoples making them test them, and i took it seriously, retrying different stuff, trying to break the game on purpose, wich, is basicly how you see most bugs.

But that's me, and personal experience, i understand the 1%
But yes, here it's.. massive. Most scene start with error messsages, the house even system is broken with glithces, and if i believe the screen capture, everyone had them, and it's like, first thing you see when you exit your room, it's first action in the game

As a game dev, if when the character do literally the first thing they are asked to do in your games, they all have a massive break of the game, glitches, and other bugs.. wouldn't you postpone your release for a few day to patch it?
Friend, I'm a supporter of the same things, but do you understand people are different? I think you understand that perfectly well.

I will speak for myself, I spend 4-5 hours testing one element in the game after its creation and then a general test, if I pass everything, I give the green light to release an update or game.

But many people are worried about money, they do not rely on quality, because according to their logic, they can be corrected because it is quite logical.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes