4.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
What else would you call something that had no updates since August last year? "I swear I'm still working on it but my granny pops mom dad children cat and dog just died so bear with me" is just par for the course for indie games and utterly worthless as an excuse - IN PRACTICE, it's fucking dead as a doornail.
I don't get these takes, sorry this isn't a massive dev team this is a person, who is living their life and most likely doing this as a side job. Nobody looks on these games and expects them to be worked on continuously for 20 years, the creator is an individual with a life and family outside of the game, sorry they might prioritize themselves over your need to jerk off. You can always unsub from their patreon but I'm guessing you didn't put a dollar down anyways so why you are mad I haev no clue.

I'm upset this game is most likely abandoned too but dude chill, if you can't go without a post from a sissy game every 3 months or can't stand to see someone abandon their game because you wanted it to finish to fantasize then maybe you should revaluate what you're complaining about and remember that behind every game is a person, and no matter their intentions they're never gonna prioritize you or anyone else's happiness over their own.

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
I don't get these takes, sorry this isn't a massive dev team this is a person, who is living their life and most likely doing this as a side job. Nobody looks on these games and expects them to be worked on continuously for 20 years, the creator is an individual with a life and family outside of the game, sorry they might prioritize themselves over your need to jerk off. You can always unsub from their patreon but I'm guessing you didn't put a dollar down anyways so why you are mad I haev no clue.

I'm upset this game is most likely abandoned too but dude chill, if you can't go without a post from a sissy game every 3 months or can't stand to see someone abandon their game because you wanted it to finish to fantasize then maybe you should revaluate what you're complaining about and remember that behind every game is a person, and no matter their intentions they're never gonna prioritize you or anyone else's happiness over their own.
I subbed to their Patreon and promptly unsubbed when I realized there was no forward movement. It isn't a hot take to say this is abandoned.

If you want to run a business you have to have a minimum standard of etiquette towards your customers and posting once every few months to say "I'm def still working on it, keep paying. Sucker" isn't it.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
I subbed to their Patreon and promptly unsubbed when I realized there was no forward movement. It isn't a hot take to say this is abandoned.

If you want to run a business you have to have a minimum standard of etiquette towards your customers and posting once every few months to say "I'm def still working on it, keep paying. Sucker" isn't it.
The guy is/was Portuguese and was talking about how translating to English was hard and he was having issues with translators. It was probably a lot of stress just trying to finish the game but he was also struggling with translating it and eventually just gave up because of that. games aren't easy to make, which is why so many of these games fail, I would hope you understand that instead of getting mad and jumping to the conclusion the dev is a piece of shit.

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
The guy is/was Portuguese and was talking about how translating to English was hard and he was having issues with translators. It was probably a lot of stress just trying to finish the game but he was also struggling with translating it and eventually just gave up because of that. games aren't easy to make, which is why so many of these games fail, I would hope you understand that instead of getting mad and jumping to the conclusion the dev is a piece of shit.
I really don't sympathize with it. I liked the game they were making, so much so that I wanted to support them. I don't see how a lack of translators prevents the development of the game features and systems. It would only affect the quality of the translation. To say that the game could not continue because they lacked translators overlooks many solutions to the problem.

My problem was not that they decided to stop the game, it was in how they communicated with their supporters, or rather didn't.

You don't run a business that way. Yes, it is hard, but it is what you have to do to be successful.

If the development was free I'd have to resign myself to the fact that the dev leads a busy life and cannot accommodate the extra time for the game. However, it was not only not free, their Patreon tiers were much more expensive than other creators I follow and support.

Ultimately, I don't feel like paying for it because I don't trust them. I hope I'm wrong, I liked what they were doing.

Boodstain

Jan 11, 2019
I really don't sympathize with it. I liked the game they were making, so much so that I wanted to support them. I don't see how a lack of translators prevents the development of the game features and systems. It would only affect the quality of the translation. To say that the game could not continue because they lacked translators overlooks many solutions to the problem.

My problem was not that they decided to stop the game, it was in how they communicated with their supporters, or rather didn't.

You don't run a business that way. Yes, it is hard, but it is what you have to do to be successful.

If the development was free I'd have to resign myself to the fact that the dev leads a busy life and cannot accommodate the extra time for the game. However, it was not only not free, their Patreon tiers were much more expensive than other creators I follow and support.

Ultimately, I don't feel like paying for it because I don't trust them. I hope I'm wrong, I liked what they were doing.
If you don't understand the translator issue then let me put it like this, it's essentially someone re-writing the whole game. A lot for these games have issues for instance because artists are commissioned for the game's art, not the game dev themselves making the art. So sometimes they take longer, sometimes they are finished early, sometimes they don't even do the work, and sometimes they go dead silent for months. Essentially the creator has to postpone the game indefinitely if the artist causes issues or scheduling problems, the same thing happens with translators and it can be hella stressful.

I understand your frustration, I really do. I liked this game too and hope it isn't abandoned for good. But I'm never gonna assume the dev has malicious or greedy intentioned just because they couldn't finish a game. These are adult games, it's a blessing most get finished without the creator getting busy with rl, having family find out what they are making and not approve, etc. I totally understand there are a million other reasons than "the dev is greedy and lazy". This isn't a AAA gaming studio, and all of them are creating games that are considered taboo today, please give them the benefit of the doubt and don't post something that may insinuate they are horrible people without knowing, because most likely this dude wanted to finish his game but something came up or he just didn't want to work on it anymore and both of those reasons are fair. Anyone who genuinely expects 90% of in-progress adult games to be finished needs to know that this is not abnormal and the people making them are probably just as bummed as we are they couldn't finish it.

vartotojas

Jun 27, 2017

I can't agree that this is a bad business practice. It's the bread and butter of these types of developers. Push out some content once the patreon well is drying out.
In this dev's case I stumbled on this game on it's first release and the amount of content for a first release was amazing, game looked very promising. How ever the next update was claimed to be smaller because the dev had various not yet unfinished content he would like to polish before release and the release did not happen.

This can't be a bad business practice considering he is still earning over 300 euro/month at this time with no update since last year august. So for a low effort income he is doing really well. You might not like it but it changes nothing.
It's the casual practice, small updates into system reworks into complete game rework on a different engine and you got yourself a 3-4 year low value income.

Not saying that this dev is going this route but it should not be a surprise for anyone. The complete silence from his part does not help his credibility as a willing to continue the work type of dev.

Reactions: Esteban31

cantpickaname

Jan 27, 2020
If you don't understand the translator issue then let me put it like this, it's essentially someone re-writing the whole game. A lot for these games have issues for instance because artists are commissioned for the game's art, not the game dev themselves making the art. So sometimes they take longer, sometimes they are finished early, sometimes they don't even do the work, and sometimes they go dead silent for months. Essentially the creator has to postpone the game indefinitely if the artist causes issues or scheduling problems, the same thing happens with translators and it can be hella stressful.

I understand your frustration, I really do. I liked this game too and hope it isn't abandoned for good. But I'm never gonna assume the dev has malicious or greedy intentioned just because they couldn't finish a game. These are adult games, it's a blessing most get finished without the creator getting busy with rl, having family find out what they are making and not approve, etc. I totally understand there are a million other reasons than "the dev is greedy and lazy". This isn't a AAA gaming studio, and all of them are creating games that are considered taboo today, please give them the benefit of the doubt and don't post something that may insinuate they are horrible people without knowing, because most likely this dude wanted to finish his game but something came up or he just didn't want to work on it anymore and both of those reasons are fair. Anyone who genuinely expects 90% of in-progress adult games to be finished needs to know that this is not abnormal and the people making them are probably just as bummed as we are they couldn't finish it.
I can't say agree with your take on the effort required to translate a game, unless the dev is inexperienced and unaware that this is a solved problem.

I'm a software developer myself and coincidentally one of my first job was translating a website. All you have to do is store your strings in language files and load the values from there. There are many open source solutions to this and many serious frameworks and development applications natively support it. I would not be surprised if unity natively supports it, but if not, I bet there are several translation tools in unity's marketplace.

Anyway, this is a common problem and like all common problems it has been solved many times for most industries.

If you go back and read you'll see that I don't have a problem with anyone not finishing a game. They just have to be transparent and communicate effectively about their hurdles, otherwise I take my $7 somewhere else.

LuvaLuva

Feb 14, 2020
Because you guys don't need a game to play with a sissy...just find a sissy and play with her :*

On the game, how much content there is currently? i want to try it, but i don't want to rush if there isn't much yet!
You are done with 100% content on day 1. A good 5 minutes worth of content But keep an eye out, it has promise

Reactions: lexlutha
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes